Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Platinum Challenge General Discussion Thread

Marriott Platinum Challenge General Discussion Thread

Old May 12, 2019, 9:09 am

Programs: UA Gold; 1MM; Marriot Lifetime Platinum
I'm reading with interest that you can't be booked in two rooms at once. What about when you are staying in one hotel but using the other hotel room for meetings. After all, one is still paying for the room.
Old May 12, 2019, 10:53 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by lianluo
I'm reading with interest that you can't be booked in two rooms at once. What about when you are staying in one hotel but using the other hotel room for meetings. After all, one is still paying for the room.
You will get night credit for only the room you stay in - which is maximum one room. You will earn points on additional guest rooms or meeting rooms booked in your name (and meetings is a separate thread, Rewarding Events) but you will not earn elite night credits for more than one room, per night.
lianluo likes this.
Old May 13, 2019, 5:36 pm

Programs: UA Gold; 1MM; Marriot Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by btonkid12345
You will get night credit for only the room you stay in - which is maximum one room. You will earn points on additional guest rooms or meeting rooms booked in your name (and meetings is a separate thread, Rewarding Events) but you will not earn elite night credits for more than one room, per night.
Oh, gotcha, that makes sense.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 8:57 am

Programs: AC SE
Any experience on how the system handles it when someone requests a status challenge mid-way through a stay? Have a family member who'd requested a Platinum status challenge part-way through a 7 day stay. Would it typically count all 7 nights, or only the nights after the challenge was requested?
Old Jun 16, 2019, 6:47 am

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Completed the stay requirement last week and had Platinum pop this morning.

My question, assuming I dont meet the requirements for Platinum, how long is the status good for? End of this year or end of 2020?
Old Jun 16, 2019, 8:41 am
xar

Programs: Starriott Plat Premier
Originally Posted by brentyb
Completed the stay requirement last week and had Platinum pop this morning.

My question, assuming I dont meet the requirements for Platinum, how long is the status good for? End of this year or end of 2020?
since u earned it in 2019 it should be good till March 2021.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 11:13 am

I'd like to start this challenge mid August. I've seen anecdotal reports that the Challenge can be scheduled in advance. Has anyone specifically called/email in and scheduled the Plat challenge?

And I assume I can pay advance rates BEFORE the challenge starts, as long as the STAYS/NIGHTS are during the challenge?
Old Jul 1, 2019, 3:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MVPG, DL Silver, United Silver, Accor Platinum, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by chunkalunk
I'd like to start this challenge mid August. I've seen anecdotal reports that the Challenge can be scheduled in advance. Has anyone specifically called/email in and scheduled the Plat challenge?

And I assume I can pay advance rates BEFORE the challenge starts, as long as the STAYS/NIGHTS are during the challenge?
When I called in last September and started my challenge, I gave them a specific date in the future as a bunch of stays worked for the specific date/90 day period. At first the CS rep wasn't aware of the challenge, after speaking with a manager confirmed it was available and was able to specifically assign a start day in the future. Worked out according to plan.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by jimmygottfredson
When I called in last September and started my challenge, I gave them a specific date in the future as a bunch of stays worked for the specific date/90 day period. At first the CS rep wasn't aware of the challenge, after speaking with a manager confirmed it was available and was able to specifically assign a start day in the future. Worked out according to plan.
Did they also indicate to you the end date of the challenge? There seem to be varying reports on whether it's exactly 90 days, 3 calendar mos, or "rest of current mo + next 3 calendar mos".
Old Jul 12, 2019, 5:59 am

Programs: Hilton-Diamond, SPG-Platinum, United Airlines-Global Services
Originally Posted by chunkalunk
Did they also indicate to you the end date of the challenge? There seem to be varying reports on whether it's exactly 90 days, 3 calendar mos, or "rest of current mo + next 3 calendar mos".
I'm in the middle of my challenge. I started it the first week of May and they told me I have until the end of August to complete it. They don't go by exact 90 days.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by wayman28
I'm in the middle of my challenge. I started it the first week of May and they told me I have until the end of August to complete it. They don't go by exact 90 days.
Great. Thanks for the DP!
Old Jul 17, 2019, 9:18 pm

Programs: AC SE100, Delta Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, HHGold, Accor Gold.
Originally Posted by tarheelnj
Just completed my 16th night on Sunday, and today the stay and the status change were reflected in my account online and in the app.

I couldn't find the status validity date either, so I called and they said it's showing in my account as January 2021.
I have a question for you... At the end of the challenge were you credited 50 nights or only the 16 and the status?
Old Jul 18, 2019, 6:14 am

Programs: Alaska
Originally Posted by Travel6ix
I have a question for you... At the end of the challenge were you credited 50 nights or only the 16 and the status?
what are you thinking of?

Of course only 16 nights and status.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 6:28 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by Travel6ix
Confirming just the 16 nights and no Choice option. I"m just a couple nights now from 50 actual nights and when I hit it I'll get the choice options..

The benefit of the challenge is that from 16 nights until now I've been recognized as Platinum for all other benefits..
Old Jul 18, 2019, 11:07 am

Programs: AC SE100, Delta Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, HHGold, Accor Gold.
Originally Posted by freed0m

what are you thinking of?

Of course only 16 nights and status.
I'm charting a way to titanium in the next 12 months, and wanted confirmation on what I thought from someone who recently did the challenge. I wasn't convinced Marriott would credit 50 nights and status -- but wanted to confirm what the journey to the next level would look like after the challenge was complete.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.