Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Platinum Challenge General Discussion Thread

Marriott Platinum Challenge General Discussion Thread

Old Jan 18, 2019, 6:30 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
All right 👍

sent another email to CC explaining my concerns (this time adding a screenshot of my status - nights at Accor last years ) and they have came back in 2 hours accepting my request, to be reconfirmed by Italian SPG CC by phone

2 minutes phone calls and was done

thanks all 🤗
Old Jan 19, 2019, 7:51 am

Will the Platinum Years under the Challenge count as lifetime Platinum?

Also it appears you can perpetually sign up on the platinum challenge? Assumed until they change the programme?
Old Jan 21, 2019, 1:00 pm

Programs: HertzPresCircle, Virgin Atlantic Gold,Hil-Diam, Europcar Elite Vip, Emirates Gold, MarriottTitanium.
I just started booking directly with marriot (currently 22 nights pending and about 40 upcoming + more) and requested a challenge aswell.. Hopefully they will allow me! Surely they want business
Old Jan 31, 2019, 4:36 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
Will there be soft landings this year? Some years I've come close to 50 nights and they have continued my (then Gold) status. Is tomorrow (Feb 1) D-day?

If I drop I guess I'll be calling for a challenge.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 2:46 pm
Vay

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat.
Anyone’s status dropped? My status has yet to change even though I only had 40 nights last year.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 1:19 pm

Programs: Delta-PM; Hilton-D; Hertz-PC
Must be gold for platinum challenge

Called yesterday and tried to start the platinum challenge. The agent told me that since I’m silver with Marriott I couldn’t do the platinum challenge only the gold challenge. I haven’t seen this condition anywhere. Anyone else been told this? I passed and am trying again today. Been on hold for 30mins...
Old Feb 16, 2019, 6:20 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott PLT
They really are hit or miss with the customer service in the call center for the challenges. I am currently gold and went for the platinum challenge, was given 16 days (not unlike a prison sentence). Am about halfway there when I hear that other people who were silver are going for platinum and got 16 days as well, and then others that were gold getting smaller "sentences". Now I can't seem to get anyone to acknowledge that they promised me a resolution over 3 weeks to my customer service nightmare that will not end (that drags on even still).
Old Feb 18, 2019, 4:44 pm

Do multiple simultaneous nights count towards the challenge? I.e. if I book two rooms in the same hotel under my name, will that count as 2 nights?
Old Feb 18, 2019, 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by abaaz
Do multiple simultaneous nights count towards the challenge? I.e. if I book two rooms in the same hotel under my name, will that count as 2 nights?
Pretty sure it's changed from how SPG did it before - you only get credit for one night, points for up to three rooms.
abaaz likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 1:53 am

Thanks and that sucks.

what about cash and point bookings? Do they count towards the challenge nights?
Old Feb 19, 2019, 2:03 am

Programs: HH-D / IHG-Sp / Marriott-P / LH-SEN / BA-S
Does someone know how to access this site: https://insiders.marriottrewards.com ?

I was searching on Google when does Marriott status year end, seems there are a lot of answers on that site, but when I tried to open it, it said requested URL is not found.
I basically completed the Plat challenge last January, was wondering when would be status resetted if I don't requalify this year? And is there soft landing to Gold?
Old Feb 19, 2019, 5:59 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by h2rdw1r3d
They really are hit or miss with the customer service in the call center for the challenges. I am currently gold and went for the platinum challenge, was given 16 days (not unlike a prison sentence). Am about halfway there when I hear that other people who were silver are going for platinum and got 16 days as well, and then others that were gold getting smaller "sentences". Now I can't seem to get anyone to acknowledge that they promised me a resolution over 3 weeks to my customer service nightmare that will not end (that drags on even still).
Just finished mine as a silver (no clue - maybe that status from long ago?) to platinum. 16 nights.

There was 0 record on "promotions" tab on their site which is silly, but when you call in they saw record of it. Showed up this AM after last weeks stay in Stockholm.

Seems alot of hang up and call again to get a better customer service person.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 4:58 pm

If Marriott continues to offer Platinum Challenges (and that's a big if), won't it be more cost effective to do challenges every other year rather than maintain status? Unless you do a large number of award stays every year.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 1:50 pm

How to optimize status challenge?

Hi,

In the next two months, I am booking rooms for myself and co-workers at 10 Marriotts.

I am booking 3 rooms, for 3 nights, in 10 different cities -- will this count for 90 elite nights?

I was going to do a status match challenge in order to get Platinum, but maybe that's not necessary? -- and can someone confirm, can you only status challenge once-per-lifetime with Marriott?

Also I have a Chase Marriott personal card, and I just got the Chase Marriott Bonvoy Business so I can hit minimum spend again and get the bonus again.

Any other suggestion for how to optimize this?

And if you have Marriott suggestions in any of the following places, I would love to hear them!
- Miami, FL
- Boston, MA
- Albuquerque, NM
- Seattle, WA
- San Francisco, CA
- Chicago, IL
- Denver, CO
- Las Vegas, NV
- Minneapolis, MN
- Washington, DC
Old Feb 23, 2019, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by pointsnewby
Hi,

In the next two months, I am booking rooms for myself and co-workers at 10 Marriotts.

I am booking 3 rooms, for 3 nights, in 10 different cities -- will this count for 90 elite nights?

I was going to do a status match challenge in order to get Platinum, but maybe that's not necessary? -- and can someone confirm, can you only status challenge once-per-lifetime with Marriott?

Also I have a Chase Marriott personal card, and I just got the Chase Marriott Bonvoy Business so I can hit minimum spend again and get the bonus again.

Any other suggestion for how to optimize this?

And if you have Marriott suggestions in any of the following places, I would love to hear them!
- Miami, FL
- Boston, MA
- Albuquerque, NM
- Seattle, WA
- San Francisco, CA
- Chicago, IL
- Denver, CO
- Las Vegas, NV
- Minneapolis, MN
- Washington, DC
You will only get elite credit for one room at a time - and it will be the room you are in. If you are traveling with the same people to all of these cities, it might be nice to let them sign up for a challenge as well. It could generate a lot of good will, and it could make the experience more fun for all of you.

I believe that you can only go up by one status during a challenge. So, if you want to do a plat challenge, you need to be gold when you sign up. Likewise, if you want to do a gold challenge, you need to be silver to sign up for that. Since you have the credit cards, you should at least be silver already.

You may be able to get points for all 3 rooms. But there are multiple posts here on FT that complain about bosses and coworkers taking points away from other travelers to keep for themselves. That is something to keep in mind. Your coworkers may or may not care. But if they are upset about not getting the points for their own stays, and you are traveling for 30 days with them, then that could create an interesting dynamic during your trip.

Save travels!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.