Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Platinum Challenge General Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Platinum Challenge General Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2019, 10:08 am

To request the Plat Challenge, do i call the Platinum hotline? Do I need to talk with any particular type of CSR?
Old Jan 15, 2019, 2:16 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Platinum challenge after have been upgraded by Amex Plat

Dear All

anyone has ever given Platinum challenge opportunity after have been upgraded to Gold status by Amex Platinum ?

I have just send request to CC but they have explained me no way to Plat challenge if already upgraded to Gold on last 12 months by Amex Platinum.

I’m afraid about that because I wanted to share with Marriot part of my >120 nights with Accor, if able to get Marriot Plat in some months.

Maybe I have stumbled on the wrong agent at CC ?
Old Jan 15, 2019, 12:22 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
I am currently PLT but will drop back to LT Gold at the end of the year. Taking this into consideration has anyone who is currently PLT done the challenge on the same basis?
Old Jan 15, 2019, 10:02 pm
Vay

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat.
I have the same problem as porphyra. It's a bummer. Richard Keer from TPG says he was able to enroll in the status challenge. See excerpt below.

"The agent could not tell me if I’d previously done a challenge, nor could she tell me whether or not I’d be eligible for this new version. I am still Platinum from last year but did not re-qualify for 2019 status, and she offered to enroll me in the Platinum challenge. My guess is with the merger madness, you’d probably be able to register. Just make sure you ask for some kind of documentation confirming your enrollment."

Last edited by Vay; Jan 15, 2019 at 10:04 pm Reason: Need to reference porphyra on his issue.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 1:18 am

Originally Posted by Dav77
Dear All

anyone has ever given Platinum challenge opportunity after have been upgraded to Gold status by Amex Platinum ?

I have just send request to CC but they have explained me no way to Plat challenge if already upgraded to Gold on last 12 months by Amex Platinum.

I’m afraid about that because I wanted to share with Marriot part of my >120 nights with Accor, if able to get Marriot Plat in some months.

Maybe I have stumbled on the wrong agent at CC ?
Some posters in this thread were able to sign up for the challenge while being a gold member, me included. According to the initial message posted by Marriott’s social media, gold should be allowed to challenge for platinum.

I would try calling again.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 11:37 am

Hello,

i need your help as my challenge is about to expire.

do the 10 EQN nights awarded from events count towards the plat challenge?

appreciate your help
ps: i was enrolled in October
Old Jan 16, 2019, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by ezak

Some posters in this thread were able to sign up for the challenge while being a gold member, me included. According to the initial message posted by Marriott’s social media, gold should be allowed to challenge for platinum.

I would try calling again.
thanks. Unfortunately, the reason I have been denied is that Marriot doesn’t allow any Plat challenge to Members already upgraded by any other reason at Gold level (Amex Plat status match in my case)
Old Jan 17, 2019, 12:49 am

thanks. Unfortunately, the reason I have been denied is that Marriot doesn’t allow any Plat challenge to Members already upgraded by any other reason at Gold level (Amex Plat status match in my case)
Oh my gold status did come from Amex Plat, so it's exactly the same scenario as yours. The CSR you spoke to probably just had a different understanding of their rules with the one I spoke to.
Dav77 likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 1:42 am

Originally Posted by ezak
Oh my gold status did come from Amex Plat, so it's exactly the same scenario as yours. The CSR you spoke to probably just had a different understanding of their rules with the one I spoke to.
that’s why i think I have stumbled on the wrong agent at CC...

any suggestion ? Maybe trying to send again a new request, instead to continue to bang my head on the same wall ...?
Old Jan 17, 2019, 9:18 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Switching all my biz from Hyatt (Diamond/Globalist)/Radissson (Who cares, cause the chain sucks) to Marriott....

Dumb question:
Do plat point bonuses for Plat count on the stay at which you cross the 16 nights? or do they begin on the next stay?
Old Jan 17, 2019, 10:49 am

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Called today for the challenge and was denied as currently PLT
Old Jan 17, 2019, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
Called today for the challenge and was denied as currently PLT
Are you still Platinum because it hasn't updated yet? I'm in that boat, once the update kicks in i'll be back at Gold, only had 36 nights last year.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by mtbvert
Are you still Platinum because it hasn't updated yet? I'm in that boat, once the update kicks in i'll be back at Gold, only had 36 nights last year.
Yes thats correct. She said call again when you fall back to your LT Gold
Old Jan 17, 2019, 11:09 pm

that’s why i think I have stumbled on the wrong agent at CC...

any suggestion ? Maybe trying to send again a new request, instead to continue to bang my head on the same wall ...?
I'd just call again. It's like playing a roulette, you never know what you're getting until the call connects. My biggest suggestion is if the rep shows resistance to your idea, give up quickly and call again. If you insist they'll go check with the supervisor and put you on hold for at least 15 more minutes before telling you the same no.
Dav77 likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 12:20 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott PLT
I am currently Gold, upgraded from Amex Platinum, and am on the challenge right now. So I guess it really does depend on who you speak to when you call.
Dav77 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.