Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Platinum Challenge General Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Platinum Challenge General Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2019, 11:09 am

Programs: AC SE100, Delta Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, HHGold, Accor Gold.
Originally Posted by tarheelnj
Confirming just the 16 nights and no Choice option. I"m just a couple nights now from 50 actual nights and when I hit it I'll get the choice options..

The benefit of the challenge is that from 16 nights until now I've been recognized as Platinum for all other benefits..
Thanks . Knowing that is helpful.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 3:36 pm

Started a platinum challenge due to a bunch of paid work stays coming up. Calling in and asking for one was pretty simple, they had no issue getting me signed up once I got to a representative. Should be done with it in the next few weeks, they confirmed it might take a week after to show my status in my profile after completing it.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by eccentricfusion
Started a platinum challenge due to a bunch of paid work stays coming up. Calling in and asking for one was pretty simple, they had no issue getting me signed up once I got to a representative. Should be done with it in the next few weeks, they confirmed it might take a week after to show my status in my profile after completing it.
Did they let you know what the exact timeframe for the challenge was?
Old Jul 30, 2019, 5:34 am

Programs: Hilton-Diamond, SPG-Platinum, United Airlines-Global Services
Originally Posted by chunkalunk
I'm in the middle of a platinum challenge that I started in May. i have until the end of August. So the timeframe is advance 90 days from when you call to start the challenge. Whatever month 90bdays brings you to you have until the end of that month. They always end challenges at the end of a month. So if you start a challenge at the beginning of a month then you could end up with closer to 120 days to complete your challenge.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by chunkalunk
Originally Posted by wayman28
I'm in the middle of a platinum challenge that I started in May. i have until the end of August. So the timeframe is advance 90 days from when you call to start the challenge. Whatever month 90bdays brings you to you have until the end of that month. They always end challenges at the end of a month. So if you start a challenge at the beginning of a month then you could end up with closer to 120 days to complete your challenge.
@chunkalunk - my terms matched what @wayman28 said. I started in the middle of July, but have until the last day of October to complete my challenge.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Quick way to Marriott Platinum Elite Status?

It’s already August 6th. I’ll be going gearing up to do some mileage runs and vacation. I don’t have elite status with any chain. I do have a few cards that grant me status. I think AMEX Platinum gives Marriott Gold, but I never registered for it. Now I want to give this a try and achieve Platinum Elite. What’s the fastest way to do this? I think I read somewhere that I can request a Platinum challenge and stay 16 nights in 90 days? When should I time the request to maximize the opportunity? If I achieve Platinum within the next 3 months, when will this expire? Will Platinum obtained from this challenge count towards lifetime status? So that I only have to do this the hard way for 9 more years?

Thx.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 8:23 am

Programs: IHG - spire amb, Marriot - tit, Radisson - plat, Hilton - gold, Accor -gold, GHA - plat
You will find all your answers in this thread.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1303206-taste-gold-platinum-promotion-platinum-challenge-merged-threads.html
Old Aug 6, 2019, 8:15 pm

Cool

Originally Posted by wayman28
I was just offered the Platinum Challenge this evening while talking to a CSR. I would like to know if I would still be eligible to choose the "5 elite nights credit" as a choice once I become Platinum via the challenge?

Last edited by Rad747; Aug 6, 2019 at 8:16 pm Reason: to provide clarity
Old Aug 6, 2019, 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by Rad747
I was just offered the Platinum Challenge this evening while talking to a CSR. I would like to know if I would still be eligible to choose the "5 elite nights credit" as a choice once I become Platinum via the challenge?
yes, once you become platinum via the challenge and hit 50 nights total, you will get a choice of gifts.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by myperks

yes, once you become platinum via the challenge and hit 50 nights total, you will get a choice of gifts.
A little confusion on my part. Do I get the "5 nights credit" as a choice of gift when I complete 16 nights and become Platinum or do I still require the 50 nights to get it? Thanks
Old Aug 7, 2019, 12:26 am

Originally Posted by Rad747
A little confusion on my part. Do I get the "5 nights credit" as a choice of gift when I complete 16 nights and become Platinum or do I still require the 50 nights to get it? Thanks
you need 50 nights...
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 7:46 am

A big ‘thank you’ to myperks...much appreciated!
Old Aug 7, 2019, 9:54 pm

I have started platinum challenge on June 4th and I got time up to September end, as many said it's not exactly 90 days but 3 month + first month complete days. I have completed my challenge on 6th of August and instantly afternoon have seen my status changed to platinum. Few points I have observed, a) I had Amex platinum which given me gold and immediatly I enrolled for challenge, 80% time I got upgrade and in Westin property I was upgraded to Club category with club lounge access b) Aloft category I got upgraded to best available room which they consider as Suit c) Best experience I got from Fairfield in terms of very friendly staff and they arranged an elite night gathering. d) I always took PDF copy of my bill and tweet it to Bonvoy team to include fast which helped me many times as first time I seen it got delayed. e) I requested theWestin hotel Bonvoy team to update my stay and that night itself it got updated so it's better to keep positive and friendly terms with hotel where we stay. Now I think I can go for Titanium ��
Old Aug 9, 2019, 4:26 pm

Programs: AY LUMO (500K+), Marriott Abassador, Hertz President Circle, Hilton Diamond
but its def. more value in Titanium - with the upgrades
Old Aug 10, 2019, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by dimon84
That thread is already closed, but I think my thread got merged into this one.

It’s already August 6th. I’ll be going gearing up to do some mileage runs and vacation. I don’t have elite status with any chain. I do have a few cards that grant me status. I think AMEX Platinum gives Marriott Gold, but I never registered for it. Now I want to give this a try and achieve Platinum Elite. What’s the fastest way to do this? I think I read somewhere that I can request a Platinum challenge and stay 16 nights in 90 days? When should I time the request to maximize the opportunity? If I achieve Platinum within the next 3 months, when will this expire? Will Platinum obtained from this challenge count towards lifetime status? So that I only have to do this the hard way for 9 more years?
I haven't called to be enrolled in it, but if I get enrolled in Marriott Gold through AMEX, can I still apply for a Platinum challenge? I guess the incentive for me to do it is to have elite benefits while doing the challenge. Like I mentioned before, the timing is a bit bad as it's already August. If I were to initiate the challenge in early September, say September 1st, the I'm assuming I'll have until December 31st to complete my 16 days? If I do complete the challenge by November, I'm assuming I'll get Platinum status for the remainder of this year (not a lot), all of 2020, and then it expires by January 31st, 2021? Am I better off waiting to start the Platinum challenge in January 2020 then to maximize my benefits?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.