Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Platinum Challenge General Discussion Thread

Marriott Platinum Challenge General Discussion Thread

Reply

Old Jan 14, 19, 10:08 am
  #136  
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 4
To request the Plat Challenge, do i call the Platinum hotline? Do I need to talk with any particular type of CSR?
mtbvert is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 19, 2:16 am
  #137  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Italy
Programs: Accor Hotel, Hilton Honors, Emirates, Alitalia, Amex
Posts: 738
Platinum challenge after have been upgraded by Amex Plat

Dear All

anyone has ever given Platinum challenge opportunity after have been upgraded to Gold status by Amex Platinum ?

I have just send request to CC but they have explained me no way to Plat challenge if already upgraded to Gold on last 12 months by Amex Platinum.

Iím afraid about that because I wanted to share with Marriot part of my >120 nights with Accor, if able to get Marriot Plat in some months.

Maybe I have stumbled on the wrong agent at CC ?
Dav77 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 19, 12:22 pm
  #138  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: LHR
Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG PLT (LT Gold), TK Gold, M&M S, BA Silver, Hyatt Dia
Posts: 4,314
I am currently PLT but will drop back to LT Gold at the end of the year. Taking this into consideration has anyone who is currently PLT done the challenge on the same basis?
ExpatSomchai is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 19, 10:02 pm
  #139  
Vay
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott PP, IHG Plat.
Posts: 26
I have the same problem as porphyra. It's a bummer. Richard Keer from TPG says he was able to enroll in the status challenge. See excerpt below.

"The agent could not tell me if I’d previously done a challenge, nor could she tell me whether or not I’d be eligible for this new version. I am still Platinum from last year but did not re-qualify for 2019 status, and she offered to enroll me in the Platinum challenge. My guess is with the merger madness, you’d probably be able to register. Just make sure you ask for some kind of documentation confirming your enrollment."

Last edited by Vay; Jan 15, 19 at 10:04 pm Reason: Need to reference porphyra on his issue.
Vay is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 19, 1:18 am
  #140  
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 131
Originally Posted by Dav77 View Post
Dear All

anyone has ever given Platinum challenge opportunity after have been upgraded to Gold status by Amex Platinum ?

I have just send request to CC but they have explained me no way to Plat challenge if already upgraded to Gold on last 12 months by Amex Platinum.

Iím afraid about that because I wanted to share with Marriot part of my >120 nights with Accor, if able to get Marriot Plat in some months.

Maybe I have stumbled on the wrong agent at CC ?
Some posters in this thread were able to sign up for the challenge while being a gold member, me included. According to the initial message posted by Marriottís social media, gold should be allowed to challenge for platinum.

I would try calling again.
ezak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 19, 11:37 am
  #141  
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 1
Hello,

i need your help as my challenge is about to expire.

do the 10 EQN nights awarded from events count towards the plat challenge?

appreciate your help
ps: i was enrolled in October
Mhzmhzmhz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 19, 12:26 pm
  #142  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Italy
Programs: Accor Hotel, Hilton Honors, Emirates, Alitalia, Amex
Posts: 738
Originally Posted by ezak View Post


Some posters in this thread were able to sign up for the challenge while being a gold member, me included. According to the initial message posted by Marriottís social media, gold should be allowed to challenge for platinum.

I would try calling again.
thanks. Unfortunately, the reason I have been denied is that Marriot doesnít allow any Plat challenge to Members already upgraded by any other reason at Gold level (Amex Plat status match in my case)
Dav77 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 19, 12:49 am
  #143  
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 131
Originally Posted by Dav77 View Post


thanks. Unfortunately, the reason I have been denied is that Marriot doesnít allow any Plat challenge to Members already upgraded by any other reason at Gold level (Amex Plat status match in my case)
Oh my gold status did come from Amex Plat, so it's exactly the same scenario as yours. The CSR you spoke to probably just had a different understanding of their rules with the one I spoke to.
Dav77 likes this.
ezak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 19, 1:42 am
  #144  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Italy
Programs: Accor Hotel, Hilton Honors, Emirates, Alitalia, Amex
Posts: 738
Originally Posted by ezak View Post
Oh my gold status did come from Amex Plat, so it's exactly the same scenario as yours. The CSR you spoke to probably just had a different understanding of their rules with the one I spoke to.
thatís why i think I have stumbled on the wrong agent at CC...

any suggestion ? Maybe trying to send again a new request, instead to continue to bang my head on the same wall ...?
Dav77 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 19, 9:18 am
  #145  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Austin Texas
Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Posts: 2,835
Switching all my biz from Hyatt (Diamond/Globalist)/Radissson (Who cares, cause the chain sucks) to Marriott....

Dumb question:
Do plat point bonuses for Plat count on the stay at which you cross the 16 nights? or do they begin on the next stay?
austin_modern is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 19, 10:49 am
  #146  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: LHR
Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG PLT (LT Gold), TK Gold, M&M S, BA Silver, Hyatt Dia
Posts: 4,314
Called today for the challenge and was denied as currently PLT
ExpatSomchai is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 19, 2:54 pm
  #147  
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 4
Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai View Post
Called today for the challenge and was denied as currently PLT
Are you still Platinum because it hasn't updated yet? I'm in that boat, once the update kicks in i'll be back at Gold, only had 36 nights last year.
mtbvert is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 19, 4:25 pm
  #148  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: LHR
Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG PLT (LT Gold), TK Gold, M&M S, BA Silver, Hyatt Dia
Posts: 4,314
Originally Posted by mtbvert View Post
Are you still Platinum because it hasn't updated yet? I'm in that boat, once the update kicks in i'll be back at Gold, only had 36 nights last year.
Yes thats correct. She said call again when you fall back to your LT Gold
ExpatSomchai is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 19, 11:09 pm
  #149  
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 131
Originally Posted by Dav77 View Post


thatís why i think I have stumbled on the wrong agent at CC...

any suggestion ? Maybe trying to send again a new request, instead to continue to bang my head on the same wall ...?
I'd just call again. It's like playing a roulette, you never know what you're getting until the call connects. My biggest suggestion is if the rep shows resistance to your idea, give up quickly and call again. If you insist they'll go check with the supervisor and put you on hold for at least 15 more minutes before telling you the same no.
Dav77 likes this.
ezak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 19, 12:20 am
  #150  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott PLT
Posts: 20
I am currently Gold, upgraded from Amex Platinum, and am on the challenge right now. So I guess it really does depend on who you speak to when you call.
Dav77 likes this.
h2rdw1r3d is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread