Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Birthday elite night credit post merger

Birthday elite night credit post merger

Old May 29, 2019, 6:41 pm

Sadly Marriott missed my birthday this year - last year it came through without issue.

Early last year Marriott sent me this email:

"A BIRTHDAY SURPRISE AWAITS.
Let's celebrate you, Nazdoom. Add your birthday to your member profile and you'll get a special gift each year.
[Update Your Birthday]"

Last year I followed the link, added my date of birth to my profile, and shortly thereafter received my 1 EQN birthday gift for 2018. It's really unfortunate that Marriott promised, in writing, "you'll get a special gift each year" in exchange for adding personal info to your profile and then post-merger has reinterpreted this to mean you may or may not get anything based on whether you're targetted in subsequent years.

Particularly in light of the SPG data breach, I find this bait and switch quite troubling.
Old May 29, 2019, 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by Nazdoom
Sadly Marriott missed my birthday this year - last year it came through without issue.
I've never received one, and I've checked (and double-checked) all the requisite information in my profile.
Old May 30, 2019, 12:32 am

My was missed this year too
Old May 30, 2019, 2:22 pm

This is the first year I have not gotten one on my birthday
Old May 30, 2019, 7:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
I didn't receive anything on my birthday earlier this month. I've not received any targetted promos or $50 voucher either. Marriott is treating me like a pariah.

On the other hand, Cathay did upgrade me from Economy to Business as a gift when I flew back from Paris on my birthday which had considerable value so the universe is balancing things out one way or another.
margarita girl likes this.
Old May 31, 2019, 7:06 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by ftrichard
I didn't receive anything on my birthday earlier this month. I've not received any targetted promos or $50 voucher either. Marriott is treating me like a pariah.

On the other hand, Cathay did upgrade me from Economy to Business as a gift when I flew back from Paris on my birthday which had considerable value so the universe is balancing things out one way or another.
CX Y=>C for HKG-CDG vs a $50 gift card? I think you're doing better than balancing out!
ftrichard likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 6:57 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat , HH Diamond , IHG Spire
I didn't receive my birthday elite night credit this year..I emailed rewards and this the response. I receive weekly credit card offers , promotion offers and received my choice award email. This is the first year I didn't receive the birthday email..

Thank you for contacting Marriott Bonvoy™ regarding the Happy Birthday Promotion.

I am happy to provide you with information regarding the Happy Birthday Promotion. As long as your account has your birthday listed, has the email option for "News & Offers from Partners" selected and has had one stay within the last 365 days, you may receive an email offering you a free non-stay Elite night for your account. If you receive the offer and wish to accept it, you will need to register through the link in the email offer. The link does expire, so be sure to register in time.

Within 48 hours, you should see the Elite night online as a "Promotional Night" under the "Bonus Nights" detail.I apologize that this award is not a free-night stay, but a free Elite night that will count toward your Elite status.

I have reviewed your account and it appears the "News & Offers from Partners" was not selected. I have selected this option for you to receive future communications and offers. Unfortunately we are unable to award your the Elite Birthday Promotion for 2019 as you would have had to be registered through the Birthday Participation link

If you have additional questions, we are happy to assist you. Also, please remember that a link to our terms and conditions can be found at the bottom of most pages on our website. There you can find the answers to most questions as well as general information on our program and a link to our program FAQs.

You are currently a Marriott Bonvoy™ Titanium Elite. Thank you for your valued loyalty and continued patronage.

We appreciate you and thank you for choosing Marriott.

See you again soon,
dwcatty, nequine and bluestrudels like this.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 12:52 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Emirates Silver, Virgin Silver, Marriott Titanium
Cheers for that heads up. I have amended what emails I get as I didn't get the birthday email last year, I had to get it added manually after a phonecall.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 11:31 am

My birthday was last week and I didn't get an email.
I was counting on the eqn to requalify for Platinum.
I emailed Bonvoy last night.

Response basically said, Greg, check your account, you were chosen for a birthday gift of 1 eqn and we posted it to your account last week.

Sure enough, under Nights Earned - details: Bonus Nights, promotional = 1

So no email but birthday eqn auto-posted (which I should have noticed).

Hope this helps someone.
SPN Lifer and kalo93406 like this.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 8:08 am

Programs: EX-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Thumbs down

So nothing for me... no email and no whatevernight...

LTP with no chance arriving LTT...

Last edited by Forstbetrieb; Dec 3, 2019 at 3:34 am
Old Nov 28, 2019, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by gregv
My birthday was last week and I didn't get an email.
I was counting on the eqn to requalify for Platinum.
I emailed Bonvoy last night.

Response basically said, Greg, check your account, you were chosen for a birthday gift of 1 eqn and we posted it to your account last week.

Sure enough, under Nights Earned - details: Bonus Nights, promotional = 1

So no email but birthday eqn auto-posted (which I should have noticed).

Hope this helps someone.
May I ask what email address you sent it to?
Old Nov 28, 2019, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by agjil
May I ask what email address you sent it to?
I clicked on "email us" under help on marriott.com:
https://www.marriott.com/marriott/contact.mi
SPN Lifer and nequine like this.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 12:47 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marco Polo Gold
never got one neither
Old Nov 28, 2019, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by gregv
I clicked on "email us" under help on marriott.com:
https://www.marriott.com/marriott/contact.mi
Thanks very much!
Old Nov 28, 2019, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Da Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by agjil
Thanks very much!
See post #75 from the Lurkers. This is a targeted promotion.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.