Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Birthday elite night credit post merger

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Birthday elite night credit post merger

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2018, 6:55 am

anyone have a screenshot of the latest birthday email?
Old Oct 30, 2018, 10:06 am

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
So this week I got an E-mail: "Kenneth, A Birthday Gift for You". I click on "Claim Your Gift" and it errors out: "Sorry, an error occurred. The likely reason for this error is that you do not have a birthday in your Marriott Rewards® Personal Profile." So I click on the link in the error message, and of course there's a birthday in there.

Sent an E-mail via "Contact Us", let's see what happens. It's amazing this IT integration still isn't complete!
Old Oct 30, 2018, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by jbiz123
anyone have a screenshot of the latest birthday email?
Attached Images  
Old Oct 30, 2018, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
I received one in 2017, but not this year.. hmmm
Old Oct 30, 2018, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by kennycrudup
Sent an E-mail via "Contact Us", let's see what happens.
Huh. Barely two hours later:
Thank you for contacting Marriott Customer Care general inquiries. I verified your account and everything seems to be in order. It would look like the link was not functioning properly. I've since gone ahead and applied the Elite Birthday night to your account. It should appear momentarily.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 1:57 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Emirates Silver, Virgin Silver, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by flandery
Was there a delay in the night posting? It's been more than a couple weeks since I clicked the link in the mail, and the night has yet to post.
I got the email for my birthday this week. Clicked link and said it had been already applied but a few days later its still not there. Not sure how long I should wait before contacting customer services.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 10:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Originally Posted by asot550
Another dp of birthday night click on 8/14 pre-merger. Still haven't seen the night credit but I haven't taken any action to remedy the situation. I figured it's just merger hiccups so I was letting things settle more before asking about it.
Anyone else still waiting for their birthday night who chose that pre-merger? Mine was mid-August just before the merger and still waiting.....
Segments likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 10:40 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Renard

Anyone else still waiting for their birthday night who chose that pre-merger? Mine was mid-August just before the merger and still waiting.....

Previously in thread, I noted that I accepted the birthday Elite night in in July 2018, but it never posted.

This past Friday, at the end of a call to Member Services about something else, I mentioned the missing birthday night. The agent said he would fix it. While on still on the phone, he assured me that my Elite nights had increased by one, and he could see it — but I might have to wait two hours to see it.

Four hours later, the count still had not incremented.

But that night, Marriott's iPhone app showed the updated, correct count — and the next morning, so did the website.

Yay! Fixed by an agent who knew what to do.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 1:17 pm

Programs: DL PM 1.5 MM , Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by Renard

Mine was just after the cutover (late August) so didn't even get an email. Once I noticed people were starting to get the emails again last week I sent off a note to customer support. I'll post if it ever gets a response.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 12:45 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, SAS Eurobonus Silver, Connect Miles Gold, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Disc.
My birthday was in July. Got email but link didn't work (the credit never posted). Wrote CS and a few weeks ago I got the 30,000 points one night certificate. I'm in no mans land in terms of thresholds so will save it for use in early 2019.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 2:02 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Milkman
My birthday was in July. Got email but link didn't work (the credit never posted). Wrote CS and a few weeks ago I got the 30,000 points one night certificate. I'm in no mans land in terms of thresholds so will save it for use in early 2019.
For your birthday, Marriott gave you an e-certificate good for one hotel night up to 30,000 points?

Wow.

Usually, it's just one Elite night credit.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 4:28 pm

Could anyone post the URL of the page linked from the birthday gift night mailing?
Old Nov 6, 2018, 4:33 pm

It's personalized. FWIW, though, mine began with: "http://email-marriott.com/T..."
RogerD408 likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Sometime in the last day or two, my night count went up by one, and under Bonus Nights, it now shows:
Promotional: 1

No line item under activity, but I can only assume this is my birthday night. My birthday was about 8 weeks ago.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 3:06 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by swag
Sometime in the last day or two, my night count went up by one, and under Bonus Nights, it now shows:
Promotional: 1

No line item under activity, but I can only assume this is my birthday night. My birthday was about 8 weeks ago.
Still nothing for me. Did you email/phone/etc or was this just automatic?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.