Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Birthday elite night credit post merger

Birthday elite night credit post merger

Old Jan 2, 2020, 8:46 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
"Thank you for contacting Marriott Bonvoy, in regards to your birthday elite night credit. I really appreciate your loyalty towards Marriott Bonvoy Program.

"I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and appreciate your understanding. I would like to inform you that it is a targeted promotion and not every member gets an email for the same."

No wonder I don't get anything today.

I never get targeted offer. even for standard offer, I always have problem to register and has to contact the CS to manually add it
Old Jan 4, 2020, 2:05 am

Signed up for the all of the marketing emails in hope of getting a birthday elite night and it didn't happen. On the plus side, i've been getting 3-5 unattractive offers from Marriott a week. For a company that knows so much about my travel patterns, you think they would serve me some relevant content.
SPN Lifer and nequine like this.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by audio-nut
Signed up for the all of the marketing emails in hope of getting a birthday elite night and it didn't happen. On the plus side, i've been getting 3-5 unattractive offers from Marriott a week. For a company that knows so much about my travel patterns, you think they would serve me some relevant content.
I just got an email stating: "I would like to inform you that Birthday promotions have been paused due to some technical error. Once this technical error will be resolved, your account will get credited with the promotion nights."
escapefromphl likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 11:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Its pretty unbelievable that Marriott doesnt even send out birthday greeting emails to its elite members. Even if they are not giving out bonus points, elite night credits or whatever, their system could easily send out an email with birthday wishes and thanking members for their loyalty.

I got birthday greetings from various airlines and even the Courtyard Shatin (have only stayed there once!).

I dont care that much but it just seems like good PR (and very little cost for Marriott) to do so.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 4:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Da Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by yorkboy24
It’s pretty unbelievable that Marriott doesn’t even send out birthday greeting emails to its elite members. Even if they are not giving out bonus points, elite night credits or whatever, their system could easily send out an email with birthday wishes and thanking members for their loyalty.
Wasn’t there a string of posts from members whose birthdays had been changed on Marriott system? Easy for you maybe. Marriott IT, not so much.
SPN Lifer and yorkboy24 like this.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 5:31 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Wasnt there a string of posts from members whose birthdays had been changed on Marriott system? Easy for you maybe. Marriott IT, not so much.
Actually about 6 months ago I noticed mine was off by 1 day so I called in to get it corrected!
margarita girl likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2020, 8:59 pm

Free elite night for birthday

Is there such a promotion? I never get mine though. Saw some one posted on Marriott Bonvoy Insider. Anyone have info regarding this?
hyedmd likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2020, 9:16 pm

Not sure about this year but as of last year, if you subscribed to ALL the marketing emails and had your birthday listed, you got an elite night on your birthday -- they would email you a birthday email where you clicked on a link to claim your night. I got mine last year but not this year so not sure if they discontinued it or not.
Old Aug 16, 2020, 9:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium; AS 100k; BA Silver; UA Silver
https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-23210
qlaval and FQ415 like this.
Old Aug 16, 2020, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
It used to be automatic. Since the merger it has been sporadic (mixed bag for me).
FQ415 likes this.

Last edited by yosithezet; Aug 17, 2020 at 12:24 am Reason: Post merge cleanup
Old Aug 16, 2020, 10:08 pm

It was never automatic for me. Had to click the email link to get it. Haven't seen this email since the merge.
Old Aug 16, 2020, 11:34 pm

Didn't realize that there is free elite night. I didn't get my from previous years too.
Old Aug 17, 2020, 5:51 am

Programs: Marriott (Lifetime Titantium), whatever other programs as benefits make sense.
I received it automatically in 2013, 2014, and 2017, though not in 2015 or 2016 nor since. Nights have never been a concern for me, as I already had enough for lifetime status, and wasn't chasing anything for the year, so never followed up on the years that I hadn't received it.
Old Aug 17, 2020, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
None this year and according to their customer relations team it has "never been formally introduced".

Dear skywalkerLAX,

Thank you for contacting Marriott Bonvoy and for your loyalty with us.

The Birthday Elite Night Credit benefit had not been formally launched as part of Marriott Bonvoy and has been paused. We are reevaluating the best way to recognize member birthdays.

If there is anything else you may need do not hesitate to contact us again.

I wish you a wonderful remainder of your day and great future travels with us.

Regards,
Margaret K.
Marriott Bonvoy Customer Service Center
In other words: A middle finger from Arne to all of us.
FQ415 likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2020, 1:16 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
In other words: A middle finger from Arne to all of us.
More like an un-maintained feature that got lost in the IT integration.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.