Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Has anyone got a suite upgrade at RC as a PP?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Has anyone got a suite upgrade at RC as a PP?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2018, 1:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott PP
Last Nov I was upgraded to a awesome corner suite at the Tokyo RC on an award stay with views of Fuji. Think it is this room here: Club Executive Suite in Tokyo, Japan | The Ritz-Carlton, Tokyo
Old Oct 3, 2018, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist

Note that room service breakfast isn't a Hyatt Glob benefit. A (very) few properties may allow this in place of the restaurant breakfast, but it certainly isn't a published benefit, nor is it even a published benefit for Globs to get a breakfast credit toward room service breakfast charges. In fact, some Hyatts are explicit that their breakfast benefit for Globs is the buffet, with absolutely no credit if one prefers instead to order a menu item in the restaurant for breakfast. This includes some of the more high end brands. For example, I recently stayed in an Andaz where my breakfast benefit was their buffet or nothing. The buffet was fine, although I would have preferred to try some of their more creative menu breakfast choices which cost less than the buffet.

Hyatt can't tell you "buffet or nothing." The Terms are pretty clear and quoted below. I've had this happen once (where the hotel tried to tell me it was buffet or nothing), and once it was brought to the attention to higher ups, it was confirmed they are supposed to offer Globalists a choice of buffet OR order off the menu whenever available. The only exception is hotels where they only serve a buffet...

"When staying at a participating hotel or resort that does not have a Club lounge (or if Club lounge is closed), Globalists will receive daily complimentary full breakfast (which includes one entrée or standard breakfast buffet, juice, and coffee, as well as tax, gratuity and service charges) for each registered guest in the room, up to a maximum of two (2) adults and two (2) children."
Old Oct 3, 2018, 6:15 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by holocker
No late check-out was offered, they even slipped a paper under the door late at night that if you were willing to check out by 9:00 AM you would get an extra 1,000 points.
How tacky - 1,000 (MR) points for such an early checkout are an insulting amount, but to deliver it with paper under the door is truly beneath the RC standard.

Maybe 15,000 (MR) points is a decent starting point for a general member to check out early. It should be at least doubled for Platinums who have late checkout as a benefit.

Originally Posted by catharsis
What are the chances there do you think on a points stay as a PPAMB (is there an acronym for that ? :-) )
As long as there isn't a conference staying there - quite good. They even UG Golds there.

But RC Kapalua is far from everything else and has real swings in occupancy.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 8:12 pm
ymx

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA EXP, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist
Staying at the Laguna Niguel next week and emailed the hotel in advance to request an uograde. I was informed as a PP I’m “eligible for a one category upgrade upon check-in if available.” That isn’t accurate based on the new program terms, is it?
Old Oct 10, 2018, 9:02 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by ymx
Staying at the Laguna Niguel next week and emailed the hotel in advance to request an uograde. I was informed as a PP I’m “eligible for a one category upgrade upon check-in if available.” That isn’t accurate based on the new program terms, is it?

No, that isn’t accurate based on the new loyalty assurance of suite upgrade based on availability for Plat Premier status and above.

But it’s also worth note that the RC Laguna Niguel has a total of 19 suites among 369 rooms. That’s a very small number. Only about 16 of those 29 suites, at most, likely are considered as possible options for any suite upgrade, perhaps fewer. (Not all suite categories are ever going to be considered eligible for Plat Premier suite upgrades, just as has been true at StR, LC, and W hotels previously under SPG.) So the chances for any eligible suites being available are extremely slim at this particular RC.

http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/hotels...mpareRoomTypes
Old Oct 10, 2018, 11:50 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Maybe an email should ask the hotel “which of your suites are eligible for Platinum Premier Upgrade?”

It would be interesting to see the Hotel response.
C17PSGR and bhrubin like this.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 2:57 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat. WOH Glob. SQ Gold
As a mere mortal (SPG Platinum) my booked club room at the RC KL has been upgraded to a club one bedroom suite. Four night stay.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 3:12 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Originally Posted by damon88
Maybe an email should ask the hotel “which of your suites are eligible for Platinum Premier Upgrade?”

It would be interesting to see the Hotel response.
Great Idea... however nowadays there is no contact emails ... so maybe a Fax ? and a maybe time machine to the 1970s
Old Oct 11, 2018, 4:25 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
There are apps you can use nowadays to send and receive faxes. Thinking of getting one if I stay with Marriott next year and use that instead of email.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 9:13 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Could be worse...my last few stays haven't even posted the Amenity points (legacy FS Marriott properties for what it's worth), so in my case it can only handle 2
I have had that issue as well. I called in and a nice agent went into my account and applied it to the 12 stays. She then gave me an extra 5,000 points for compensation.

Last edited by hockeyinsider; Oct 14, 2018 at 11:31 am
Old Oct 14, 2018, 9:39 am

Programs: Delta 2MM/Diamond Elite, United 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite/LT Platinum
Upgraded to junior suite at RC Tysons Corner for a one-night stay.....but only after specifically requesting it at check-in (they were ready to put me in a standard king room).
Old Oct 14, 2018, 9:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by ymx
It could be accurate depending on the room category you booked and the room categories offered by the hotel, but it's not correct in general. It would be correct if the next level above the room you reserved is a standard suite (without club lounge access if you didn't book a club room, or a standard suite with club lounge access if you originally reserved a club level room).
Old Oct 19, 2018, 10:53 pm
ymx

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA EXP, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist
Just completed a stay at the Ritz Carlton Laguna Niguel for a conference. Was not upgraded to a suite, but was upgraded to an ocean view room (and the view was quite stunning).
Old Oct 20, 2018, 6:35 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by ymx
Just completed a stay at the Ritz Carlton Laguna Niguel for a conference. Was not upgraded to a suite, but was upgraded to an ocean view room (and the view was quite stunning).
Did you ask if a suite was available?
Old Oct 20, 2018, 7:24 am
ymx

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Did you ask if a suite was available?
Yes - I asked both via email prior to my arrival and also when checking in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.