Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy Lurker(s) - How to Contact (Combined Threads)

Marriott Bonvoy Lurker(s) - How to Contact (Combined Threads)

Old Sep 2, 18, 6:35 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 513
Marriott Bonvoy Lurker(s) - How to Contact (Combined Threads)

I merged Marriott and SPG and my 300k Starwood points got deleted. Zero balance showing in joint account. Marriott customer service has been giving me the runaround and I am getting concerned that I will never see these points reinstated. Is William or another Starwood Lurker still around to look into these issues? I do not trust Marriott customer support at this point. This has been a terrible transition and really should have been user-tested by Marriott's IT department.

Thank you.
FrequentFlyer9000 is offline  
Old Sep 2, 18, 6:39 pm
  #2  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Pittsburgh
Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Posts: 28,422
William is here - contacted me yesterday based on a post about a Marriott CSR failure - I hadn't even reached out to him. If you saw his out-of-office note, he was away for several weeks and just returned, so I'm sure he's plowing through hundreds/thousands of contacts.

Have you tried PM/email at the address he always lists (or any of the multiple lurkers here)?


(btw - I assure you it was tested.)
forumpersona999 likes this.
CPRich is online now  
Old Sep 2, 18, 7:04 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 513
Originally Posted by CPRich View Post
William is here - contacted me yesterday based on a post about a Marriott CSR failure - I hadn't even reached out to him. If you saw his out-of-office note, he was away for several weeks and just returned, so I'm sure he's plowing through hundreds/thousands of contacts.

Have you tried PM/email at the address he always lists (or any of the multiple lurkers here)?


(btw - I assure you it was tested.)
Hi, thank you for replying. I have not been around FT lately and I am not sure if he is still using the same name. Is it Starwood Lurker II or another one? Feel free to PM me if you would rather not post publicly for any reason. Thanks again.
FrequentFlyer9000 is offline  
Old Sep 2, 18, 7:13 pm
  #4  
SPG Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: YOW
Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Posts: 1,663
Originally Posted by CPRich View Post
William is here - contacted me yesterday based on a post about a Marriott CSR failure - I hadn't even reached out to him. If you saw his out-of-office note, he was away for several weeks and just returned, so I'm sure he's plowing through hundreds/thousands of contacts.
That is some of the best merger news I've heard... I'm sure I'm not the only one who was worried about losing our favourite SPG lurkers, and missed his OoO note. Considering how the merger went, I bet the other Lurkers wished they took the past few weeks off too
forumpersona999 likes this.
Absolute is offline  
Old Sep 2, 18, 7:44 pm
  #5  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: GVA (Greater Vancouver Area)
Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.021MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CWC Au-197; CCC Elite*; WoH Dis
Posts: 50,140
Originally Posted by FrequentFlyer9000 View Post
Is it Starwood Lurker II or another one?
There are four Lurkers, but William is the original.
forumpersona999 likes this.
mahasamatman is offline  
Old Sep 2, 18, 7:51 pm
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 513
And can you remind me which specific user name William is using these days? Is it "Starwood Lurker"?
FrequentFlyer9000 is offline  
Old Sep 2, 18, 8:32 pm
  #7  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: GVA (Greater Vancouver Area)
Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.021MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CWC Au-197; CCC Elite*; WoH Dis
Posts: 50,140
Originally Posted by FrequentFlyer9000 View Post
And can you remind me which specific user name William is using these days? Is it "Starwood Lurker"?
Yes.
mahasamatman is offline  
Old Sep 3, 18, 6:12 am
  #8  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Minneapolis: DL DM charter 2.3MM
Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Posts: 92,707
Originally Posted by mahasamatman View Post
There are four Lurkers, but William is the original.
I thought there were Starwood Lurkers before William. Is this not true?
MSPeconomist is offline  
Old Sep 3, 18, 9:05 am
  #9  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: GVA (Greater Vancouver Area)
Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.021MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CWC Au-197; CCC Elite*; WoH Dis
Posts: 50,140
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
I thought there were Starwood Lurkers before William. Is this not true?
Maybe, but by "original", I really just meant he doesn't have a suffix (II, III, IV).
mahasamatman is offline  
Old Sep 3, 18, 11:14 am
  #10  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Pittsburgh
Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Posts: 28,422
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
I thought there were Starwood Lurkers before William. Is this not true?
I've been here since 2002 and don't recall anyone else, but 16 years ago may have faded from my memory.


EDIT: There indeed was.. I've exercised FT's search function enough now - I won't bother finding William's start date. Suffice it to say that to many on FT, he's still the "original".

It is with great pleasure that we introduce Starwood Lurker. As many of you know, Jae Knowlton has been “lurking” on the Starwood Forum for a while now, representing Starwood Preferred Guest Member Services. In an effort to better serve our friends on Flyer Talk, we are expanding into all aspects of Starwood Hotels and Resorts customer service, not limiting ourselves to Starwood Preferred Guest postings.

Along with our new screen name, we also have a new e-mail address that is exclusively for use by FTers. That address is mailto:[email protected]@S tarwoodHotels.com</A> . When writing to this address, we ask that you make the subject line of your e-mail "Guest Forum". Starwood Lurker is a member of Starwood’s E-Communications team. We urge each of you to use this new e-mail address when corresponding with us. For those of you that have been corresponding with Jae directly, he will be glad to continue assisting your needs. It has been a pleasure serving you and we look forward to continuing to serve you in the future.
OK, I lied - the earliest post I can find from William is 12/14/00, 13 days after the above. So I suspect the reference to "Starwood Preferred Guest and Starwood E-Communications Teams" being represented by Starwood Lurker meant it was a group contact, of which William was a member. So I think he is back to being an OG.

Last edited by CPRich; Sep 3, 18 at 11:34 am
CPRich is online now  
Old Sep 3, 18, 2:32 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Posts: 2,900
Can the Lurkers or SPG Champion email assist with a Marriott property issue? Tired of the wait times on the phone and I've already called them twice about this, only to be showered with points (Marriott seems insanely more liberal about giving out points over the phone, unasked for) but still not getting my night credit, or a response from the hotel.

thank you
btonkid12345 is offline  
Old Sep 3, 18, 2:56 pm
  #12  
Company Representative - Starwood
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Austin, Texas
Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Posts: 31,593
Originally Posted by btonkid12345 View Post
Can the Lurkers or SPG Champion email assist with a Marriott property issue? Tired of the wait times on the phone and I've already called them twice about this, only to be showered with points (Marriott seems insanely more liberal about giving out points over the phone, unasked for) but still not getting my night credit, or a response from the hotel.

thank you
It would depend upon the nature of the issue. If this is related to a missing night credit from on or before August 18th, we wouldn't be able to help with that as these are being processed by the IT team. But, any other inquiries can be sent to the email address below.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Social Media Specialist
Marriott International

[email protected]
bbbb, Steenj and barracuda93 like this.
Starwood Lurker is offline  
Old Sep 3, 18, 8:10 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Programs: spg plat100 - lifetime gold / aa exec plat
Posts: 367
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker View Post
It would depend upon the nature of the issue. If this is related to a missing night credit from on or before August 18th, we wouldn't be able to help with that as these are being processed by the IT team. But, any other inquiries can be sent to the email address below.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Social Media Specialist
Marriott International

[email protected]
welcome back William!
Just FYI, the membership here is expecting you to single handedly salvage the entire merger process for SPGers!
Suffice it to say your contributions have been missed these last few weeks. some took it as a sign of things to come after the problems reported after the 18th. Glad to see that this assumption was wrong...

Since you are in this thread and mentioned the issue, any ideas as to a time frame for fixing the night count (or any other known issue)? The offical company line has been 'give it a few days' - obviously few days have been given and then some
CPRich and Absolute like this.
stant is offline  
Old Sep 4, 18, 1:13 pm
  #14  
Company Representative - Starwood
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Austin, Texas
Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Posts: 31,593
Originally Posted by stant View Post
welcome back William!
Just FYI, the membership here is expecting you to single handedly salvage the entire merger process for SPGers!
Suffice it to say your contributions have been missed these last few weeks. some took it as a sign of things to come after the problems reported after the 18th. Glad to see that this assumption was wrong...

Since you are in this thread and mentioned the issue, any ideas as to a time frame for fixing the night count (or any other known issue)? The offical company line has been 'give it a few days' - obviously few days have been given and then some
My apologies, but I don't have a time frame to reference for any of our outstanding issues. All I know is that the IT team is aware of them and working towards their resolution.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Social Media Specialist
Marriott International

[email protected]
Starwood Lurker is offline  
Old Sep 4, 18, 1:54 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: DFW
Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Gold, AA Lifetime Gold, United Silver, BA Gold
Posts: 776
The other issue is also probably that many Account holders don't realize that their SPG Point Balance was already multiplied by 3 times before they combined their Marriott and SPG Accounts (i.e. on 18th Aug itself).
They somehow feel that once they combine the accounts, the Marriott Point Balance needs to be 1X (Marriott) + 3X (SPG). But, since the system already had multiplied your SPG balance by 3X, the net result after combining is 1X (Marriott) + 1X (SPG) which many of them refuse to believe and it takes forever for Customer Service to explain them.
Folks your SPG Points may say SPG, but they are already multiplied by 3
DFWsakp is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: