FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Unable to book - Error Message (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1928279-unable-book-error-message.html)

lost_perspicacity Aug 31, 2018 11:04 am

Unable to book - Error Message

Is anyone else experiencing this? My accounts are merged and I can book former-Marriott properties with no issue but when I try to book a former-Starwood property I always get this error:

We're unable to locate this Starwood Preferred Guest® account, or you have entered an invalid SPG number. Please re-enter or remove your SPG number, check that the last name you have entered below matches the name on the account, or contact us for assistance.

I've been emailing back and forth with support for a week and they can't seem to figure it out and no one is picking up the phone. The screen shows my correct new number and the name is correct.

sbrower Aug 31, 2018 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by tonyrocks922 (Post 30152606)
Is anyone else experiencing this? My accounts are merged and I can book former-Marriott properties with no issue but when I try to book a former-Starwood property I always get this error:

We're unable to locate this Starwood Preferred Guest® account, or you have entered an invalid SPG number. Please re-enter or remove your SPG number, check that the last name you have entered below matches the name on the account, or contact us for assistance.

I've been emailing back and forth with support for a week and they can't seem to figure it out and no one is picking up the phone. The screen shows my correct new number and the name is correct.

Yes, I got the same. You need to call to make booking at SPG properties because you merged into your Marriott number and there is an IT issue.

lost_perspicacity Oct 11, 2018 8:58 am

So after several back and forths with marriott support, they've decided to just start ignoring me.
I have also sent an email to [email protected] which was ignored.

One of the phantom reservations apparently went through on their end because I was surprised with a charge for a no show from the Sheraton Denver this week, despite never getting a confirmation page, confirmation email, or having the reservation show up in either app. I have a ticket in now with billing which was escalated to "the controller" to get this resolved.

I am at a complete loss of what to do and if I should bother sticking with Marriott in 2019.

SeeTheLights Oct 11, 2018 9:03 am

Originally Posted by tonyrocks922 (Post 30303658)
So after several back and forths with marriott support, they've decided to just start ignoring me.

One of the phantom reservations apparently went through on their end because I was surprised with a charge for a no show from the Sheraton Denver this week, despite never getting a confirmation page, confirmation email, or having the reservation show up in either app. I have a ticket in now with billing which was escalated to "the controller" to get this resolved.

I am at a complete loss of what to do and if I should bother sticking with Marriott in 2019.

i have the same problem and it has been 3 weeks with no resolution. I have been going back and forth with property and Marriott. It’s a total pain

MSPeconomist Oct 11, 2018 10:58 am

Originally Posted by tonyrocks922 (Post 30303658)

You might be able to dispute this with your credit card, so pay attention to the deadline for doing so.

lost_perspicacity Nov 3, 2018 8:38 am

Just as an update the reservation error is still not resolved. I tried to book an Aloft and got the error. Went to book on my mobile device and it went through, got a confirmation page, but never got an email and it never appeared in my "my trips". I called and they have it in the system, but can't force it to appear in "my trips". This is a mess, 2 months later and nothing is working. One of the reasons I am loyal to a brand is so I can have one easy place to see and manage all my reservations, which change frequently.

I wound up disputing the Sheraton charge with my credit card, then Marriott refunded it a day later, meaning I know have 2 credits for 1 charge, which I'm sure will be fun to resolve.

It would be nice if someone at Marriot would respond to my customer service tickets

SanDiego1K Nov 3, 2018 9:13 am

Does your membership number have a leading 0? If so, it's now a known problem on the Marriott side. I've no idea when they expect it to be resolved. My number has 3 leading 0s. I cannot book from my laptop. I can book from the app. I do not get a confirmation email from the app. Frustrating, right?