Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Anyone else not showing the 'you've achieved 50 nights gift' in Account Overview?

Anyone else not showing the 'you've achieved 50 nights gift' in Account Overview?

Reply

Old Aug 29, 18, 2:18 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 218
Anyone else not showing the 'you've achieved 50 nights gift' in Account Overview?

Early days, but so far did Marriott seriously screw us all over again with a narrow view of what constitutes a night towards the gift options?

Anything to cheat people out of their benefits and money? This was already coded in with greed. No rewarding events, cc nights etc despite them being elite qualifying nights.
​​​​
mingzie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 18, 5:31 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Seat 1A when possible
Programs: SK EBD/baEC G/MR PP/A3 *G/AA G/CC G/HH G/IHG Spire
Posts: 3,717
Originally Posted by mingzie View Post
Early days, but so far did Marriott seriously screw us all over again with a narrow view of what constitutes a night towards the gift options?

Anything to cheat people out of their benefits and money? This was already coded in with greed. No rewarding events, cc nights etc despite them being elite qualifying nights.
​​​​

Mine just coming soon?
kauppias is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 18, 5:33 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: St. Paul, MN
Programs: DL DM 4.3 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium
Posts: 2,541
Originally Posted by kauppias View Post
Mine just coming soon?
same here. My guess after the big update this weekend
hnewman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 18, 6:02 am
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 218
Originally Posted by kauppias View Post
Mine just coming soon?
mine doesnt even have coming soon - means i didnt qualify?

some people are getting a 'you qualified for 50 nights, select your gift option' link on the account overview main page - do you guys see that on your dashboard?
mingzie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 18, 7:33 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Marin County
Programs: None - previously UA
Posts: 2,582
Originally Posted by mingzie View Post
mine doesnt even have coming soon - means i didnt qualify?

some people are getting a 'you qualified for 50 nights, select your gift option' link on the account overview main page - do you guys see that on your dashboard?
Nothing here either, 63 nights of which 31 are CC nights.
escapefromphl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 18, 10:16 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Trapped inside the Matrix
Programs: UA Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Identity Platinum
Posts: 2,776
Nothing here either. Lifetime PPE with 84 nights, 46 stayed, the rest rollover and CC nights.

I spoke with someone at MR the other day who told me only STAYED nights counted towards receiving 50/75 night choice benefits. No CC, rollover, etc. One data point...so take it for what it's worth. However if that's the official position, it's very disappointing.
MSPeconomist likes this.
TommyC80 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 18, 10:22 am
  #7  
xar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Programs: Starriott Plat Premier
Posts: 222
112 nights this year. I don’t see the part that says “You are eligible for gifts” on my dashboard.
xar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 18, 10:25 am
  #8  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Minneapolis: DL DM charter 2.3MM
Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Posts: 80,263
Originally Posted by TommyC80 View Post
Nothing here either. Lifetime PPE with 84 nights, 46 stayed, the rest rollover and CC nights.

I spoke with someone at MR the other day who told me only STAYED nights counted towards receiving 50/75 night choice benefits. No CC, rollover, etc. One data point...so take it for what it's worth. However if that's the official position, it's very disappointing.
Is this explicit in the T&C, with something like a different definition of eligible nights for the gift versus the definition for elite qualification? I don't recall noticing anything like this. OTOH, I'm generally in favor of minimizing how many people get SNAs (and stopping those from the SPG side from getting more than ten this year) if they're not being given to LTPs and LTPPs.
MSPeconomist is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 18, 10:56 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Trapped inside the Matrix
Programs: UA Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Identity Platinum
Posts: 2,776
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Is this explicit in the T&C, with something like a different definition of eligible nights for the gift versus the definition for elite qualification? I don't recall noticing anything like this. OTOH, I'm generally in favor of minimizing how many people get SNAs (and stopping those from the SPG side from getting more than ten this year) if they're not being given to LTPs and LTPPs.
I read the T&C and found them to be very unclear. I think it’s clear that they are not providing them to LTP and LTPP. What is unclear is how they are defining “nights” for purposes of the awards.

They use the terminology “qualifying nights,” “Elite Night Credits” and “stayed nights” interchangably in some instances which adds to the confusion.

Regardless, it shouldn’t take a lawyer to decipher how these benefits are obtained.
TommyC80 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 18, 10:58 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Trapped inside the Matrix
Programs: UA Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Identity Platinum
Posts: 2,776
Originally Posted by xar View Post
112 nights this year. I don’t see the part that says “You are eligible for gifts” on my dashboard.
how many stayed nights do you have?
TommyC80 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 18, 11:33 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 94
This suite night has been a mess. As others have stated, some folks received the gift but then can't actually choose anything. The bigger issue is what qualifies as a night. I have 164 nights yet still can't even qualify for the 75 night gift. I'm assuming it's because they are ONLY counting paid nights but I think that's ridiculous that award nights or CC nights wouldn't count as it all counts towards status requirements.
FlyinHawaiian320 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 18, 11:35 am
  #12  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Minneapolis: DL DM charter 2.3MM
Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Posts: 80,263
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian320 View Post
This suite night has been a mess. As others have stated, some folks received the gift but then can't actually choose anything. The bigger issue is what qualifies as a night. I have 164 nights yet still can't even qualify for the 75 night gift. I'm assuming it's because they are ONLY counting paid nights but I think that's ridiculous that award nights or CC nights wouldn't count as it all counts towards status requirements.
It sounds like you had a lot of free and CC nights. I wonder how many others have this pattern.
MSPeconomist is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 18, 2:39 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: YVR to SEA
Posts: 2,306
Had over fifty rollover nights alone this year, but less than fifty butt in bed. Doesn't look like we're eligible for SNAs. Have a week's travel package in a month, we'll see if anything changes, but it could really be cash nights only
crimsona is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 18, 3:48 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Programs: AA LTPlat; UA Plat; MR LTT; HH Diamond
Posts: 1,024
It's not showing up in my account directly, but:
--I went to https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/member-benefits.mi and clicked on "view benefits"
--which took me to https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mem...num-premier.mi
--where I signed in
--and that took me to a page that congratulated me and told me to choose my award.

I didn't choose, so it might have booted me out had I done so, but it's worth trying if you think you should have a link in your account but don't. (Actually, I went to the platinum page first and it told me I had to choose 50 night before 75 night....)
dsquared37, BigE and tomwhom like this.
Ord Liza is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 18, 4:13 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Trapped inside the Matrix
Programs: UA Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Identity Platinum
Posts: 2,776
Originally Posted by Ord Liza View Post
It's not showing up in my account directly, but:
--I went to https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/member-benefits.mi and clicked on "view benefits"
--which took me to https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mem...num-premier.mi
--where I signed in
--and that took me to a page that congratulated me and told me to choose my award.

I didn't choose, so it might have booted me out had I done so, but it's worth trying if you think you should have a link in your account but don't. (Actually, I went to the platinum page first and it told me I had to choose 50 night before 75 night....)
thanks for posting the link! I was able to login and select 10 SNAs (two transactions). I received two confirmation emails for 5 nights each, although I don’t see them in my account yet.
TommyC80 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread