FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Anyone else not showing the 'you've achieved 50 nights gift' in Account Overview? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1927842-anyone-else-not-showing-youve-achieved-50-nights-gift-account-overview.html)

mingzie Aug 29, 2018 2:18 am

Anyone else not showing the 'you've achieved 50 nights gift' in Account Overview?

Early days, but so far did Marriott seriously screw us all over again with a narrow view of what constitutes a night towards the gift options?

Anything to cheat people out of their benefits and money? This was already coded in with greed. No rewarding events, cc nights etc despite them being elite qualifying nights.
​​​​

kauppias Aug 29, 2018 5:31 am

Originally Posted by mingzie (Post 30142425)
Early days, but so far did Marriott seriously screw us all over again with a narrow view of what constitutes a night towards the gift options?

Anything to cheat people out of their benefits and money? This was already coded in with greed. No rewarding events, cc nights etc despite them being elite qualifying nights.
​​​​

Mine just coming soon?

hnewman Aug 29, 2018 5:33 am

Originally Posted by kauppias (Post 30142780)
Mine just coming soon?

same here. My guess after the big update this weekend

mingzie Aug 29, 2018 6:02 am

Originally Posted by kauppias (Post 30142780)
Mine just coming soon?

mine doesnt even have coming soon - means i didnt qualify?

some people are getting a 'you qualified for 50 nights, select your gift option' link on the account overview main page - do you guys see that on your dashboard?

escapefromphl Aug 29, 2018 7:33 am

Originally Posted by mingzie (Post 30142850)
mine doesnt even have coming soon - means i didnt qualify?

some people are getting a 'you qualified for 50 nights, select your gift option' link on the account overview main page - do you guys see that on your dashboard?

Nothing here either, 63 nights of which 31 are CC nights.

TommyC80 Aug 29, 2018 10:16 am

Nothing here either. Lifetime PPE with 84 nights, 46 stayed, the rest rollover and CC nights.

I spoke with someone at MR the other day who told me only STAYED nights counted towards receiving 50/75 night choice benefits. No CC, rollover, etc. One data point...so take it for what it's worth. However if that's the official position, it's very disappointing.

xar Aug 29, 2018 10:22 am

112 nights this year. I don’t see the part that says “You are eligible for gifts” on my dashboard.

MSPeconomist Aug 29, 2018 10:25 am

Originally Posted by TommyC80 (Post 30143924)
Nothing here either. Lifetime PPE with 84 nights, 46 stayed, the rest rollover and CC nights.

I spoke with someone at MR the other day who told me only STAYED nights counted towards receiving 50/75 night choice benefits. No CC, rollover, etc. One data point...so take it for what it's worth. However if that's the official position, it's very disappointing.

Is this explicit in the T&C, with something like a different definition of eligible nights for the gift versus the definition for elite qualification? I don't recall noticing anything like this. OTOH, I'm generally in favor of minimizing how many people get SNAs (and stopping those from the SPG side from getting more than ten this year) if they're not being given to LTPs and LTPPs.

TommyC80 Aug 29, 2018 10:56 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 30143959)
Is this explicit in the T&C, with something like a different definition of eligible nights for the gift versus the definition for elite qualification? I don't recall noticing anything like this. OTOH, I'm generally in favor of minimizing how many people get SNAs (and stopping those from the SPG side from getting more than ten this year) if they're not being given to LTPs and LTPPs.

I read the T&C and found them to be very unclear. I think it’s clear that they are not providing them to LTP and LTPP. What is unclear is how they are defining “nights” for purposes of the awards.

They use the terminology “qualifying nights,” “Elite Night Credits” and “stayed nights” interchangably in some instances which adds to the confusion.

Regardless, it shouldn’t take a lawyer to decipher how these benefits are obtained.

TommyC80 Aug 29, 2018 10:58 am

Originally Posted by xar (Post 30143948)
112 nights this year. I don’t see the part that says “You are eligible for gifts” on my dashboard.

how many stayed nights do you have?

FlyinHawaiian320 Aug 29, 2018 11:33 am

This suite night has been a mess. As others have stated, some folks received the gift but then can't actually choose anything. The bigger issue is what qualifies as a night. I have 164 nights yet still can't even qualify for the 75 night gift. I'm assuming it's because they are ONLY counting paid nights but I think that's ridiculous that award nights or CC nights wouldn't count as it all counts towards status requirements.

MSPeconomist Aug 29, 2018 11:35 am

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian320 (Post 30144237)
This suite night has been a mess. As others have stated, some folks received the gift but then can't actually choose anything. The bigger issue is what qualifies as a night. I have 164 nights yet still can't even qualify for the 75 night gift. I'm assuming it's because they are ONLY counting paid nights but I think that's ridiculous that award nights or CC nights wouldn't count as it all counts towards status requirements.

It sounds like you had a lot of free and CC nights. I wonder how many others have this pattern.

crimsona Aug 29, 2018 2:39 pm

Had over fifty rollover nights alone this year, but less than fifty butt in bed. Doesn't look like we're eligible for SNAs. Have a week's travel package in a month, we'll see if anything changes, but it could really be cash nights only

Ord Liza Aug 29, 2018 3:48 pm

It's not showing up in my account directly, but:
--I went to https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/member-benefits.mi and clicked on "view benefits"
--which took me to https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mem...num-premier.mi
--where I signed in
--and that took me to a page that congratulated me and told me to choose my award.

I didn't choose, so it might have booted me out had I done so, but it's worth trying if you think you should have a link in your account but don't. (Actually, I went to the platinum page first and it told me I had to choose 50 night before 75 night....)

TommyC80 Aug 29, 2018 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by Ord Liza (Post 30145337)
It's not showing up in my account directly, but:
--I went to https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/member-benefits.mi and clicked on "view benefits"
--which took me to https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mem...num-premier.mi
--where I signed in
--and that took me to a page that congratulated me and told me to choose my award.

I didn't choose, so it might have booted me out had I done so, but it's worth trying if you think you should have a link in your account but don't. (Actually, I went to the platinum page first and it told me I had to choose 50 night before 75 night....)

thanks for posting the link! I was able to login and select 10 SNAs (two transactions). I received two confirmation emails for 5 nights each, although I don’t see them in my account yet.