Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Anyone else not showing the 'you've achieved 50 nights gift' in Account Overview?

Anyone else not showing the 'you've achieved 50 nights gift' in Account Overview?

Old Aug 29, 2018, 2:18 am
Original Poster

Early days, but so far did Marriott seriously screw us all over again with a narrow view of what constitutes a night towards the gift options?

Anything to cheat people out of their benefits and money? This was already coded in with greed. No rewarding events, cc nights etc despite them being elite qualifying nights.
​​​​
Old Aug 29, 2018, 5:31 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by mingzie
Early days, but so far did Marriott seriously screw us all over again with a narrow view of what constitutes a night towards the gift options?

Anything to cheat people out of their benefits and money? This was already coded in with greed. No rewarding events, cc nights etc despite them being elite qualifying nights.
​​​​

Mine just coming soon?
Old Aug 29, 2018, 5:33 am

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Originally Posted by kauppias
Mine just coming soon?
same here. My guess after the big update this weekend
Old Aug 29, 2018, 6:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kauppias
Mine just coming soon?
mine doesnt even have coming soon - means i didnt qualify?

some people are getting a 'you qualified for 50 nights, select your gift option' link on the account overview main page - do you guys see that on your dashboard?
Old Aug 29, 2018, 7:33 am

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by mingzie
mine doesnt even have coming soon - means i didnt qualify?

some people are getting a 'you qualified for 50 nights, select your gift option' link on the account overview main page - do you guys see that on your dashboard?
Nothing here either, 63 nights of which 31 are CC nights.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 10:16 am

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
Nothing here either. Lifetime PPE with 84 nights, 46 stayed, the rest rollover and CC nights.

I spoke with someone at MR the other day who told me only STAYED nights counted towards receiving 50/75 night choice benefits. No CC, rollover, etc. One data point...so take it for what it's worth. However if that's the official position, it's very disappointing.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 10:22 am
xar

Programs: Starriott Plat Premier
112 nights this year. I dont see the part that says You are eligible for gifts on my dashboard.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 10:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by TommyC80
Nothing here either. Lifetime PPE with 84 nights, 46 stayed, the rest rollover and CC nights.

I spoke with someone at MR the other day who told me only STAYED nights counted towards receiving 50/75 night choice benefits. No CC, rollover, etc. One data point...so take it for what it's worth. However if that's the official position, it's very disappointing.
Is this explicit in the T&C, with something like a different definition of eligible nights for the gift versus the definition for elite qualification? I don't recall noticing anything like this. OTOH, I'm generally in favor of minimizing how many people get SNAs (and stopping those from the SPG side from getting more than ten this year) if they're not being given to LTPs and LTPPs.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 10:56 am

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Is this explicit in the T&C, with something like a different definition of eligible nights for the gift versus the definition for elite qualification? I don't recall noticing anything like this. OTOH, I'm generally in favor of minimizing how many people get SNAs (and stopping those from the SPG side from getting more than ten this year) if they're not being given to LTPs and LTPPs.
I read the T&C and found them to be very unclear. I think its clear that they are not providing them to LTP and LTPP. What is unclear is how they are defining nights for purposes of the awards.

They use the terminology qualifying nights, Elite Night Credits and stayed nights interchangably in some instances which adds to the confusion.

Regardless, it shouldnt take a lawyer to decipher how these benefits are obtained.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by xar
112 nights this year. I dont see the part that says You are eligible for gifts on my dashboard.
how many stayed nights do you have?
Old Aug 29, 2018, 11:33 am

This suite night has been a mess. As others have stated, some folks received the gift but then can't actually choose anything. The bigger issue is what qualifies as a night. I have 164 nights yet still can't even qualify for the 75 night gift. I'm assuming it's because they are ONLY counting paid nights but I think that's ridiculous that award nights or CC nights wouldn't count as it all counts towards status requirements.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 11:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian320
This suite night has been a mess. As others have stated, some folks received the gift but then can't actually choose anything. The bigger issue is what qualifies as a night. I have 164 nights yet still can't even qualify for the 75 night gift. I'm assuming it's because they are ONLY counting paid nights but I think that's ridiculous that award nights or CC nights wouldn't count as it all counts towards status requirements.
It sounds like you had a lot of free and CC nights. I wonder how many others have this pattern.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 2:39 pm

Had over fifty rollover nights alone this year, but less than fifty butt in bed. Doesn't look like we're eligible for SNAs. Have a week's travel package in a month, we'll see if anything changes, but it could really be cash nights only
Old Aug 29, 2018, 3:48 pm

It's not showing up in my account directly, but:
--I went to https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/member-benefits.mi and clicked on "view benefits"
--which took me to https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mem...num-premier.mi
--where I signed in
--and that took me to a page that congratulated me and told me to choose my award.

I didn't choose, so it might have booted me out had I done so, but it's worth trying if you think you should have a link in your account but don't. (Actually, I went to the platinum page first and it told me I had to choose 50 night before 75 night....)
dsquared37, BigE and tomwhom like this.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by Ord Liza
It's not showing up in my account directly, but:
--I went to https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/member-benefits.mi and clicked on "view benefits"
--which took me to https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mem...num-premier.mi
--where I signed in
--and that took me to a page that congratulated me and told me to choose my award.

I didn't choose, so it might have booted me out had I done so, but it's worth trying if you think you should have a link in your account but don't. (Actually, I went to the platinum page first and it told me I had to choose 50 night before 75 night....)
thanks for posting the link! I was able to login and select 10 SNAs (two transactions). I received two confirmation emails for 5 nights each, although I dont see them in my account yet.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.