Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Anyone else not showing the 'you've achieved 50 nights gift' in Account Overview?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone else not showing the 'you've achieved 50 nights gift' in Account Overview?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2018, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by TommyC80

thanks for posting the link! I was able to login and select 10 SNAs (two transactions). I received two confirmation emails for 5 nights each, although I don’t see them in my account yet.

Great. Did it say anything about expiration? I can't find anywhere that says when and if they expire (although I assume they do).
janaleigh likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 6:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
lol I just want the right status and all my stays credited. Then I'll start worrying about "gifts."
Old Aug 29, 2018, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I have 61 nights showing; however, the Platinum choice page told me I don't have 50 yet.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 8:44 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
I picked 10 SNAs total. I don't see them in my account and I don't see options to apply them to reservations. Am I missing something?
Old Aug 29, 2018, 8:55 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
I spoke with someone at MR the other day who told me only STAYED nights counted towards receiving 50/75 night choice benefits. No CC, rollover, etc. One data point...so take it for what it's worth. However if that's the official position, it's very disappointing.
My view here splits the baby: They've already done away with rollover nights, so by just allowing them to die of natural causes, they've eliminated that qualification going forward. In order to reduce confusion and disappointment, these should not have been excluded from pretty much anything in 2018. They're keeping CC nights, so if they don't ever want to count those, I'm OK with not planting the seeds of future confusion by counting them in 2018 but then never again (but by all means I'd be OK if they did indeed count them now and forever!).

Unfortunately, like everything else, they're counting and not counting rollover nights and counting and not counting CC nights (and likely counting and not counting combined nights from SPG), all depending on which distinct batch of accounts a given person's randomly wound up in.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 9:42 pm
xar

Programs: Starriott Plat Premier
how many stayed nights do you have?
Just 2 for this year
Old Aug 29, 2018, 10:04 pm
xar

Programs: Starriott Plat Premier
**Update.** Managed to claim both my 50 and 75 gifts this morning. Thanks for the link!!

Gift Selection
Old Aug 29, 2018, 11:48 pm

91 nights here, 61 credit card nights and 18 redemption nights (plus 12 paid) and I was able to choose both 50 and 75 night gifts. Only choose 5 SNA's for now as I am flip-flopping on 5 more and the free night. I can use the free night at an old cat 8 I have reserved, so am leaning towards that.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 7:47 am

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium

thanks for posting the link! I was able to login and select 10 SNAs (two transactions). I received two confirmation emails for 5 nights each, although I don’t see them in my account yet.
update: as of this morning i see the 10SNAs in my Marriott account. Since i only have 46 stayed nights this year (84 total) it appears all elite qualifying activity is currently counting towards achievement of the awards.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by Ord Liza
It's not showing up in my account directly, but:
--I went to https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/member-benefits.mi and clicked on "view benefits"
--which took me to https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mem...num-premier.mi
--where I signed in
--and that took me to a page that congratulated me and told me to choose my award.

I didn't choose, so it might have booted me out had I done so, but it's worth trying if you think you should have a link in your account but don't. (Actually, I went to the platinum page first and it told me I had to choose 50 night before 75 night....)
This is awesome! Thanks for posting. I successfully chose my 50 night gift and then I got the option to choose my 75 night gift (even though it was never listed). I guess eligible nights do include paid/award/CC nights.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 10:46 am

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
Let’s hope they are having issues with SNAs being able to be applied to reservations, because what I’m seeing for some sample bookings is not encouraging:

-Marriott Raleigh - eligible
-Miami Beach EDITION - not eligible
-Cosmopolitan - not eligible
-The Cove, Atlantis - not eligible
-Sheraton Times Square - not eligible
Old Aug 30, 2018, 3:39 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Ord Liza
It's not showing up in my account directly, but:
--I went to https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/member-benefits.mi and clicked on "view benefits"
--which took me to https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mem...num-premier.mi
--where I signed in
--and that took me to a page that congratulated me and told me to choose my award.

I didn't choose, so it might have booted me out had I done so, but it's worth trying if you think you should have a link in your account but don't. (Actually, I went to the platinum page first and it told me I had to choose 50 night before 75 night....)
This worked perfectly, thanks! I was able to choose my 50 and 75 night rewards. For reference, I currently have 76 nights none of which are paid stays (all meetings and cc nights).
janaleigh likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 4:08 pm

@Ord Liza: Thank you for posting the links!

I'm definitely not eligible, BUT like any good FT'er, I followed the links anyway. Unfortunately, the website correctly informed me that I wasn't eligible. Doesn't hurt to try, right?
Old Aug 30, 2018, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
The links worked for me, thanks.
question: how long are suite nights valid? Is it a calendar year? Until feb 2020?
Old Aug 30, 2018, 8:00 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott lifetime Plt, UA 1MM
Originally Posted by karenkay
The links worked for me, thanks.
question: how long are suite nights valid? Is it a calendar year? Until feb 2020?

mine have an expiraion of 12/31/2019. Also in my case Credit Card nights counted towards the SNA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.