Any new promos for Fall (MegaBonus, etc.?)

Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 15, 18, 4:09 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Wiki Link
Promo has been announced and is being discussed in this thread:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...ght-stays.html
Print Wikipost

Old Aug 28, 18, 4:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Avis Chairman's, Hertz Au+ , IHG Au, Hyatt, Honors Au (Amex), Marriott Pt & Life Au, Accor Ag
Question Any new promos for Fall (MegaBonus, etc.?)

Has anything been announced yet? Has anybody heard any rumors/ grapevine reports?
Old Aug 28, 18, 4:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium | AY Silver
Marriott really need a good promotion and start the merger with a bang. It should start 1/9. Worried we haven't heard anything yet.
Old Aug 28, 18, 5:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Promos require IT programming. The IT guys are a bit busy...

The longer the debacle continues, the better the eventual promo though...
Old Aug 28, 18, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC
HAH! Running a promo is probably one of the last things on their mind... the website is still a total mess, merger is a mess, and customer service is abysmal.
myko85 likes this.
Old Aug 29, 18, 11:07 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Tit Forever, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN CP, CLEAR
Originally Posted by craigthemif View Post
The longer the debacle continues, the better the eventual promo though.
Seriously! If things go like this for another week, "Make two paid stays, earn 50K bonus points" wouldn't surprise me
Old Sep 1, 18, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kennycrudup View Post
Seriously! If things go like this for another week, "Make two paid stays, earn 50K bonus points" wouldn't surprise me
Actually, that would surprise me.

What wouldn't surprise me is "Book two new paid stays, stay, and then earn 50k bonus points". Ie, that way the don't have to give 50k bonus points to people who made reservations long before the post-Aug-18 problems started.
Old Sep 1, 18, 2:32 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Amb, Hilton Diamond, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by sdsearch View Post
Actually, that would surprise me.

What wouldn't surprise me is "Book two new paid stays, stay, and then earn 50k bonus points". Ie, that way the don't have to give 50k bonus points to people who made reservations long before the post-Aug-18 problems started.
Especially if the booking engine falls down when they make the offer.
Old Sep 3, 18, 4:32 pm

Programs: UA MM, MB LifeTit
We are owed a nice promotion

This MR-SPG merger debacle is simply beyond the pale. They had years to develop their integration plan but every step has required extra steps on our part (combining already linked accounts?) or waiting for things to work out (my account shows three nights and points but not the stay last week, but they're working on that). A gesture is due.
Old Sep 3, 18, 4:55 pm

Programs: UA: 1K MM, Marriott Ambassador, Platinum IHG. Diamond: Hilton. Silver: Delta & Hyatt
Totally Agree

150 Nights YTD. Moving to Hilton starting next week.
Old Sep 3, 18, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
With our luck, Marriott IT will code every night's promo as -1,000 points (versus +1,000) and we will be losing points every stay
Old Sep 3, 18, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by UA-NYC View Post
With our luck, Marriott IT will code every night's promo as -1,000 points (versus +1,000) and we will be losing points every stay
Many a truth is spoken in jest.
oopsz, Brendan, DJMeatBall and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 3, 18, 6:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by EricH View Post
This MR-SPG merger debacle is simply beyond the pale. They had years to develop their integration plan but every step has required extra steps on our part (combining already linked accounts?) or waiting for things to work out (my account shows three nights and points but not the stay last week, but they're working on that). A gesture is due.
Beyond the pale? Hardly. Debacle? Not even close.
Yeah there are a few glitches, but Marriott is dealing with them... slowly, but surely.
My Marriott Platinum Premiere status took a week to appear in my account. No big deal.
My points for a post-merger stay have appeared in my Total Points, but not yet in the Activity section of my account. No big deal.

Did you really expect a merger of this magnitude to proceed without ANY glitches? If you did, then you must have ZERO knowledge of how complicated mergers and acquisitions really are.

I look past the growing pains of the merger with the knowledge that my universe of hotels has increased 50% to what it was pre-merger. Also, Marriott has upgraded me from Platinum to Platinum Premiere with a wide array of increased benefits; additional benefits that Marriott bestowed upon me - and I didn't having to do a thing!

If you think Marriott owes you something because you have to perform the Herculean task of actually linking your SPG and Marriott accounts (took me all of five minutes, and that included a 2-minute bathroom break), you are seriously mistaken. Marriott owes you nothing. Marriott has the best Hotel Rewards program around. BAR NONE.

If you're not satisfied, try Hilton, Hyatt or IHG. I can guarantee that you'll be whining and complaining over there in a short time.

Newman.....

Last edited by Newman; Sep 4, 18 at 5:53 pm
Old Sep 3, 18, 6:38 pm

Programs: UA MM, MB LifeTit
I know that these things are always difficult, but they've had almost two years to get it done. With that kind of time, it's reasonable to expect that they would do enough testing to get the basic stuff down.

FYI, I'm not going anywhere. I like the properties, but corporate has really screwed up on this.
vandalby likes this.
Old Sep 3, 18, 9:34 pm

There are debates in other forums about how things have gone. Different people have different standards, needs and travel patterns. So, the opinions have been all over the place.

Looking at how unstable the system was and how many problems there were, I would not be surprised that it was a rushed IT job and the promotion part of the system is not even ready.

The promo is probably stay: 3 times, have 1 IT problem fixed for you Of course, for each stay that does not credit, it is an additional IT problem so you never catch up
Old Sep 4, 18, 1:11 am

I have reached ambassador status with Marriott. For me the most important thing is accumulating as many bonus points as possible for free night stays. Starting September 16th, if Marriott does have a promo it doesn't benefit me to stay with them and I will stay at Holiday Inn and Hilton. As I think Marriott has the best quality and I am loyal to them, they are not offering me anything. Even though I am a small fish in the sea, Marriott will miss out on almost 50 stays and approximately almost $10,000 toward the end of the year. I know that small number won't mean a lot to a billion dollar corporation but they get enough people switching it could make a very small difference.

Search this Thread