Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Spend $300 get $60 back (and various similar offers) - Amex sync Marriott offer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 22, 2023, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak
Q: How do I find out about these offers?

A: subscribe to this thread Some other useful related threads to follow include:

General AMEX forum thread for all AMEX offers (often people will post these there and not in the forum-specific thread) -- especially if you are new to AMEX offers, there is some past discussion of how they work, can the same offer be added to more than one card (generally, no) etc.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...sa-2023-a.html

Equivalent Chase forum thread (note that Chase offers are usually brand-specific and have different dynamics than AMEX offers even though the basic idea is the same, e.g. if you have the same offer on multiple Chase cards you can add it to all those where it appears, unlike AMEX)
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...fic-cards.html

Q: Do I have to reach the threshold in a single transaction?

A: As a general rule, these spend $X get $Y offers as they apply to Marriott are across multiple transactions. Sometimes if you click/tap to see the T&C it will explicitly spell out "multiple purchases" or "in a single purchase" -- unless you see the latter, general experience is that multiple transactions within the offer period are ok as long as they add up to $X

Q: Do restaurant charges signed to the room/taxes/etc. count?

A: Yes. AMEX only cares about the total amount charged to the card at the vendor associated with the offer; it does not examine the breakdown of room charges vs. tax vs. dining/parking charges.

Q: I don't have a stay during the offer period Any other way to monetize the offer?

A: There are a couple ways.

1. Although the T&C may exclude gift cards, experience is generally that physical gift cards purchased at a front desk "look" just like room stays/charges and will get the credit. If you have questions about the usage of gift cards that you have already purchased or are considering purchasing, please use this separate thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...on-thread.html

Note, it may be difficult to find a location that sells physical gift cards. You can try asking in the thread for a particular area but you will likely end up just having to call/visit convenient locations nearby. Once you have one in your possession, they are supposedly reloadable, so don't throw one away just because it's used up otherwise you'll have to find (or go back to) a location that sells them again.

1b. eGift cards may or may not count depending on whether they post as Marriott; recent data points for this would be useful

2. If you have an upcoming stay, just not before the offer expires, you can call the hotel and ask them to charge a deposit up front that will be credited against the stay when it eventually does occur.

Q: Do multiple Bonvoy offers stack?

A: as a general rule, a transaction will trigger all AMEX offers that it qualifies for and that you have added to your card. In the past when the Bonvoy Brilliant card had the annual $300 credit, this stacked with a spend $X get $Y offer etc.
Print Wikipost

Spend $300 get $60 back (and various similar offers) - Amex sync Marriott offer

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2019, 5:34 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by greek2me
I have this offer and also the Sheraton Chase max $33 offer. I have a $300+ Sheraton stay coming up and prefer to save $60 vs $33- can anyone confirm if Sheraton has triggered the $60 Amex offer for them?
You should be good for Sheraton, there is a Sheraton near me and it show up in the locations that the offer is good, if you click on "Locations near me".
greek2me likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I got the $300/$60 again just now on my platinum card, after having it on the same card earlier this year as well.
yeah, this one is on our Plat cards only as well ... not on the Marriott card.

With the recent $500/$100 premium offer I was able to use as a W ... it is now finally adding up w/ Amex again! For some time I almost exclusively saw Hilton offers. Glad Marriott is back in the game
margarita girl likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Johnny Rocket
Chase now also offering moneyback offers with its program called Chase Offers.

With the latest targeted Chase Offers deal for hotel stays, you can save 15% at Sheraton.
  • Valid through November 22, 2019
  • You need to spend a minimum of $100 to receive 10% back, and you can receive up to $33 back at Points
  • Valid only at Sheraton in the US, and not for stays at other Marriott brands, or for Sheraton properties outside the US
  • Not valid on third party bookings
  • The statement credit should post within 14 days of the transaction
not seeing that w/ my Chase offers, unfortunately.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 2:28 pm

Programs: UA Gold, AA Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle, etc etc
Originally Posted by escapefromphl
You should be good for Sheraton, there is a Sheraton near me and it show up in the locations that the offer is good, if you click on "Locations near me".
Thank you very much for your great response!
Old Oct 25, 2019, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cfischer
not seeing that w/ my Chase offers, unfortunately.
in my offers today Now to find a Sheraton that sells GCs
Old Oct 29, 2019, 12:15 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
I have the 500/100 luxury offer on my Bonvoy Amex (former SPG Personal). Considering buying GCs at a luxury property in NOLA this weekend. What is the expiry period on GCs?
Old Oct 29, 2019, 5:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by yosithezet
I have the 500/100 luxury offer on my Bonvoy Amex (former SPG Personal). Considering buying GCs at a luxury property in NOLA this weekend. What is the expiry period on GCs?
Cards do not expire.

https://gifts.marriott.com/terms.html
Old Oct 29, 2019, 6:46 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Tit, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, Carlson Gold, UA*S,
Originally Posted by margarita girl
They may not expire... but if bought from this particular site I doubt you would get the money back through the offer seeing as it is GiveX processing the charge rather than a Marriott property.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They may not expire... but if bought from this particular site I doubt you would get the money back through the offer seeing as it is GiveX processing the charge rather than a Marriott property.
I register all my gift cards purchased through hotels on this site! And I strongly encourage everyone else to.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You won't get any money back if you purchase through Givex. I thought that was clear. You HAVE to purchase from a hotel, and one in NA.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

1) NEED to buy it at the FD of a hotel and is BILLED BY THE HOTEL, in order to get the statement credit. The reason is, this is a loophole we are using that the offer is NOT intended for. The offer is for immediate spend at the hotel, not thru a GC for future spend.

2) SHOULD register your GC on the said site after your have purchased it. This not only protect you in case anything happens to your GC before being used but it is easier to show the screen or a printout to the hotel FD when you intend to use a GC to pay for your stay.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 9:50 am

Programs: None - previously UA
Noticed a new $50 off $250 sync offer on my Amex Plat.

Get a one-time $50 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $250+ on room rate and room charges at participating properties in the Marriott Bonvoy™ portfolio from 1/30/2020 to 4/15/2020. Book at marriott.com. See terms.

Offer terms:

Enrollment limited. Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem. Only U.S.-issued American Express® Cards are eligible. Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels. Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card. Offer valid only at participating Marriott Bonvoy™ properties in the U.S. and U.S. territories. Reservations must be made online at Marriott.com, via the Marriott Bonvoy™ App or by calling 1-888-236-2427. Excludes Marriott Vacation Club®, Design Hotels™, Protea Hotels®, Marriott Executive Apartments®, Homes & Villas by Marriott International and Vistana Signature Experiences™. Excludes gift card purchases. Not valid for online retail purchases or purchases of Marriott Bonvoy™ points. Offer only valid on room rate and room charges. Offer not valid for lodging stays that are paid for before the promotion start date or after the promotion end date. Offer is non-transferable. Limit of 1 statement credit per Card Member. The enrolled Card account must not be cancelled or past due to receive statement credit. Any benefit earned from this offer is in addition to the rewards (i.e. Membership Rewards or cash back) earned as part of your existing Card benefits, but your ability to earn spend-based rewards for the purchase will be based on the amount after any statement credit or other discount is applied. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 4/15/2020, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you may not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 10:22 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by escapefromphl
Noticed a new $50 off $250 sync offer on my Amex Plat
I got a less generous offer on my AMEX Everyday card, $45 off $300.
rogo likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 1:51 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond, Caesar's Diamond
I also got the $50 off $250 offer on my Delta Skymiles Amex.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 1:58 pm

Programs: AA EXPLT, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, UA Silver, National EXC
Not on any of my 3 Cards (Biz PLT, SPG Biz, or Personal Gold)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.