Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Spend $300 get $60 back (and various similar offers) - Amex sync Marriott offer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 22, 2023, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak
Q: How do I find out about these offers?

A: subscribe to this thread Some other useful related threads to follow include:

General AMEX forum thread for all AMEX offers (often people will post these there and not in the forum-specific thread) -- especially if you are new to AMEX offers, there is some past discussion of how they work, can the same offer be added to more than one card (generally, no) etc.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...sa-2023-a.html

Equivalent Chase forum thread (note that Chase offers are usually brand-specific and have different dynamics than AMEX offers even though the basic idea is the same, e.g. if you have the same offer on multiple Chase cards you can add it to all those where it appears, unlike AMEX)
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...fic-cards.html

Q: Do I have to reach the threshold in a single transaction?

A: As a general rule, these spend $X get $Y offers as they apply to Marriott are across multiple transactions. Sometimes if you click/tap to see the T&C it will explicitly spell out "multiple purchases" or "in a single purchase" -- unless you see the latter, general experience is that multiple transactions within the offer period are ok as long as they add up to $X

Q: Do restaurant charges signed to the room/taxes/etc. count?

A: Yes. AMEX only cares about the total amount charged to the card at the vendor associated with the offer; it does not examine the breakdown of room charges vs. tax vs. dining/parking charges.

Q: I don't have a stay during the offer period Any other way to monetize the offer?

A: There are a couple ways.

1. Although the T&C may exclude gift cards, experience is generally that physical gift cards purchased at a front desk "look" just like room stays/charges and will get the credit. If you have questions about the usage of gift cards that you have already purchased or are considering purchasing, please use this separate thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...on-thread.html

Note, it may be difficult to find a location that sells physical gift cards. You can try asking in the thread for a particular area but you will likely end up just having to call/visit convenient locations nearby. Once you have one in your possession, they are supposedly reloadable, so don't throw one away just because it's used up otherwise you'll have to find (or go back to) a location that sells them again.

1b. eGift cards may or may not count depending on whether they post as Marriott; recent data points for this would be useful

2. If you have an upcoming stay, just not before the offer expires, you can call the hotel and ask them to charge a deposit up front that will be credited against the stay when it eventually does occur.

Q: Do multiple Bonvoy offers stack?

A: as a general rule, a transaction will trigger all AMEX offers that it qualifies for and that you have added to your card. In the past when the Bonvoy Brilliant card had the annual $300 credit, this stacked with a spend $X get $Y offer etc.
Print Wikipost

Spend $300 get $60 back (and various similar offers) - Amex sync Marriott offer

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2022, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by escapefromphl
2 offers on my Bonvoy Amex: $100 off $500 on international Luxury properties and the regular $50 off $250 on North American properties.............
Thank you for the heads up.

Anyone know if Ritz Carlton Residences is considered as a Ritz Carlton for this promotion?

Last edited by TerryK; Apr 17, 2022 at 4:14 pm
Old Apr 17, 2022, 4:10 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
I also got these promotions on multiple Amex cards - thankfully, I remembered to save them for adding to my Bonvoy card, rather than the first Amex I saw them on.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 8:11 pm

Programs: HH, *G
Anyone aware of SF/Bay area properties that sell gift cards? Going to the Maldives this summer. So far, St. Regis, The W, and The Palace were all strike outs.
mathprof likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 8:54 pm

Purchased a $500 GC at a Ritz in southern California over the weekend and it did not trigger the redemption email. I've been purchasing GC's from the Ritz for Amex offers for some time and never have had any issues. The charge posted today, I'll update if my account is credited.
mathprof likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 11:48 am

$100 Amex offer posted 5 days after the $500 Ritz GC purchase posted April 22, 2022
Old Apr 24, 2022, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Are there any properties in NYC selling gift cards that would trigger the 'spend $500 or more, get $100 back' offer?
Old Apr 24, 2022, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Keyser
Are there any properties in NYC selling gift cards that would trigger the 'spend $500 or more, get $100 back' offer?
I used the St Regis a few years ago. To be safe, your best bet is to call a bunch of properties before you go.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by margarita girl
I used the St Regis a few years ago. To be safe, your best bet is to call a bunch of properties before you go.
Thanks. Will try that.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by Astrophsx
Purchased a $500 GC at a Ritz in southern California over the weekend and it did not trigger the redemption email. I've been purchasing GC's from the Ritz for Amex offers for some time and never have had any issues. The charge posted today, I'll update if my account is credited.
The Ritz in Laguna Nigel?
Old Apr 25, 2022, 12:09 am

Originally Posted by mathprof
The Ritz in Laguna Nigel?
Yes, in the gift shop. If you have a local's card the valet is free. Otherwise I believe it is $5 if you buy something to eat at their cafe. Though, if you just tell them you are running into the gift shop they will likely hold your car for free. I'd have to look back, but I think the only other place I've come across that sells gift cards in Orange County is a Residence Inn in Irvine.
SPN Lifer and mathprof like this.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 12:48 am

Originally Posted by mball
Anyone aware of SF/Bay area properties that sell gift cards? Going to the Maldives this summer. So far, St. Regis, The W, and The Palace were all strike outs.
Was successful getting a $500 GC at the Ritz Carlton SF. Notably, it's a Ritz branded card, but does say it works at all Marriott properties. So I wonder if that's why they've still got them.

Also checked the Le Meridian SF and they didn't sell cards. Maybe I'll hit up the remaining marriotts when I go on some other long walks next weekend.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 1, 2022, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by mball
Was successful getting a $500 GC at the Ritz Carlton
Took 6 days this time, but the credit did post to my account.
Old May 1, 2022, 4:02 pm

Do credits post fairly quickly? I had $50 off $250. Paid a Courtyard stay with my AMEX Delta that had the offer instead of my Bonvoy Boundless. The statement closed but no credit. Customer service said they can't do anything and that it could take up to ~8 weeks. Is this normal? I'm just nervous since the offer disappeared from my card's "added" section.
Old May 1, 2022, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ankster
............the offer disappeared from my card's "added" section.
That's usually a good sign. Offers disappear once they are redeemed or expired. It takes a few days for credit to apply and it has nothing to do with billing cycle.
Old May 1, 2022, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by TerryK
That's usually a good sign. Offers disappear once they are redeemed or expired. It takes a few days for credit to apply and it has nothing to do with billing cycle.
The transaction was on April 24 but still no credit to be seen.

Edit: I think it might have posted in the past few hours. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.