Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Spend $300 get $60 back (and various similar offers) - Amex sync Marriott offer

Old May 22, 2023, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak
Q: How do I find out about these offers?

A: subscribe to this thread Some other useful related threads to follow include:

General AMEX forum thread for all AMEX offers (often people will post these there and not in the forum-specific thread) -- especially if you are new to AMEX offers, there is some past discussion of how they work, can the same offer be added to more than one card (generally, no) etc.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...sa-2023-a.html

Equivalent Chase forum thread (note that Chase offers are usually brand-specific and have different dynamics than AMEX offers even though the basic idea is the same, e.g. if you have the same offer on multiple Chase cards you can add it to all those where it appears, unlike AMEX)
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...fic-cards.html

Q: Do I have to reach the threshold in a single transaction?

A: As a general rule, these spend $X get $Y offers as they apply to Marriott are across multiple transactions. Sometimes if you click/tap to see the T&C it will explicitly spell out "multiple purchases" or "in a single purchase" -- unless you see the latter, general experience is that multiple transactions within the offer period are ok as long as they add up to $X

Q: Do restaurant charges signed to the room/taxes/etc. count?

A: Yes. AMEX only cares about the total amount charged to the card at the vendor associated with the offer; it does not examine the breakdown of room charges vs. tax vs. dining/parking charges.

Q: I don't have a stay during the offer period Any other way to monetize the offer?

A: There are a couple ways.

1. Although the T&C may exclude gift cards, experience is generally that physical gift cards purchased at a front desk "look" just like room stays/charges and will get the credit. If you have questions about the usage of gift cards that you have already purchased or are considering purchasing, please use this separate thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...on-thread.html

Note, it may be difficult to find a location that sells physical gift cards. You can try asking in the thread for a particular area but you will likely end up just having to call/visit convenient locations nearby. Once you have one in your possession, they are supposedly reloadable, so don't throw one away just because it's used up otherwise you'll have to find (or go back to) a location that sells them again.

1b. eGift cards may or may not count depending on whether they post as Marriott; recent data points for this would be useful

2. If you have an upcoming stay, just not before the offer expires, you can call the hotel and ask them to charge a deposit up front that will be credited against the stay when it eventually does occur.

Q: Do multiple Bonvoy offers stack?

A: as a general rule, a transaction will trigger all AMEX offers that it qualifies for and that you have added to your card. In the past when the Bonvoy Brilliant card had the annual $300 credit, this stacked with a spend $X get $Y offer etc.
Print Wikipost

Spend $300 get $60 back (and various similar offers) - Amex sync Marriott offer

Old Oct 22, 2018, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Dr.Leo
I called n was told they only issue those for a corporate or a group booking
HUCA? Tell them you have a budget surplus which you must spend before the end of the month so you’d like to prepay your stay.

Old Oct 22, 2018, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by margarita girl

HUCA? Tell them you have a budget surplus which you must spend before the end of the month so you’d like to prepay your stay.

Just did. NADA! The Property im trying to stay at would not let me pre pay it. However they did tell me to come in oerson and buy a physical GC. I guess now its all about that 1.5 hrs drive to STL for me
Old Oct 22, 2018, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Just did. NADA! The Property im trying to stay at would not let me pre pay it. However they did tell me to come in oerson and buy a physical GC. I guess now its all about that 1.5 hrs drive to STL for me
Can you buy a gift card at a closer hotel? I’m in Waikiki at the Sheraton and walked to the Marriott last night to buy my gift cards.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by margarita girl

Can you buy a gift card at a closer hotel? I’m in Waikiki at the Sheraton and walked to the Marriott last night to buy my gift cards.
Unfortunately nearest Fairfield INN is 35 mins away and they dont sell GC. I called two others same result
Old Oct 22, 2018, 3:39 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Interestingly I got the $60-back-on-$300 bonus on a $200 stay. AX sent me email when I checked in alerting me that they stay would be eligible for the bonus if the final charge was $300 or more. A day later I checked out, with a total charge of just over $200, and within 24 hours of that the $60 bonus posted anyway.

I don't consider myself to have have "won" from AX's mistake because later that same week I stayed at a MR hotel with a folio of nearly $600 charged to AX. I simply expected to get the bonus from that stay. Except the bonus tagged to my $200 purchase and posted before the $600 stay did.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 3:20 pm

Anyone know of any NYC Marriott properties that sell GC's? I went to 3 within a couple blocks of my apt downtown near WTC and got nothing.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 3:52 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, Bonvoy LTTit
bought gift card from hotel directly today, on way home got email from american express saying i fulfilled the offer. Now I have to figure out where to use this damn thing.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 4:24 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Since I usually travel for work and book leisure trips last minute, I was able to take advantage of this offer for a stay in Charleston next year on a flex rate (I had to call them to send me the Auth form to sign). AMEX immediately e-mailed me that the offer had been met and that I would receive a statement credit after the hotel charged my card so I'm assuming that your hotel has a rigid policy toward prepayments.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 4:24 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Anyone know of anywhere in Los Angeles that sell gift cards? The closer to Downtown LA, the better.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 9:46 pm

If the room paid by points, can you still request the pre-authorization form and get charged right away for other expenses at the hotel?
Old Oct 28, 2018, 10:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by flybie
If the room paid by points, can you still request the pre-authorization form and get charged right away for other expenses at the hotel?
You can request anything you want, but only the specific hotel can answer whether they'll honor your request or not.

I pre-paid for a stay on the final day of the offer (the 25th), but the charge didn't post until the 26th. We'll see if Amex will give me the rebate automatically or if I'll have to prompt them.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by Enigma368
Anyone know of anywhere in Los Angeles that sell gift cards? The closer to Downtown LA, the better.
anyone know any marriott properties in southern or northern california that sells gift cards?
Old Jun 16, 2019, 1:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I pre-paid for a stay on the final day of the offer (the 25th), but the charge didn't post until the 26th. We'll see if Amex will give me the rebate automatically or if I'll have to prompt them.
Sorry, I never followed up. The credit posted automatically. Hopefully this will be useful for someone in the future.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 3:30 pm

will these kind offer apply for FHR reservation? pay directly to Marriott hotel when check out?
Old Jun 16, 2019, 5:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by ecgz88
will these kind offer apply for FHR reservation? pay directly to Marriott hotel when check out?
yes. Happens automatically

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.