Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Spend $300 get $60 back ($200/40 in 2019) - Amex sync Marriott offer

Spend $300 get $60 back ($200/40 in 2019) - Amex sync Marriott offer

Old Aug 27, 18, 10:29 pm
  #1  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: GVA (Greater Vancouver Area)
Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.021MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CWC Au-197; CCC Elite; WoH Dis
Posts: 49,437
Spend $300 get $60 back ($200/40 in 2019) - Amex sync Marriott offer

The SPG offer is ending, but they just started the offer today for Marriott properties expiring 25 October. Check your Amex account to see if your card is included.
mahasamatman is offline  
Old Aug 27, 18, 11:01 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: COS
Programs: UA Plat/1.5MM, SPG P100, Marriott LTP(P, coming to you in Jan '19), Hertz Prez, CBP GE, et al
Posts: 1,836
Thanks very much for sharing! There are some pretty significant limitations, though (US properties - and only a subset at that - e.g.):

OFFER TERMS

Enrollment limited. Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem. Only U.S.-issued American Express® Cards are eligible. Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels. Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card. Offer valid only at participating Marriott® brands in the U.S and U.S. territories, including: JW Marriott®, Autograph Collection®, Renaissance® Hotels, Marriott Hotels®, Delta Hotels®, Gaylord Hotels®, AC Hotels by Marriott®, Courtyard®, Residence Inn®, SpringHill Suites®, Fairfield Inn by Marriott®, TownePlace Suites® and Moxy® Hotels. Reservations must be made online at Marriott.com, via the Marriott Mobile App or by calling Marriott Worldwide Reservations (888-236-2427). Excludes the following brands: The Ritz-Carlton®, St. Regis®, EDITION®, The Luxury Collection, W® Hotels, Bulgari®, Sheraton®, Marriott Vacation Club®, Le Méridien®, Westin®, Design Hotels™, Tribute Portfolio®, Four Points® by Sheraton, Protea Hotels®, Aloft®, Marriott Executive Apartments®, Element® and Vistana™. Excludes all timeshares, residences, travel packages, and retail store purchases. Offer not valid at international locations outside the U.S and U.S. territories. Excludes gift card purchases. Offer only valid on room rate and room charges. Offer not valid for lodging stays that are paid for before the promotion start date or after the promotion end date. Offer is non-transferable. Limit of 1 statement credit(s) per Card Member. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 10/25/2018, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you may not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer. POID: GBMZ:0001
CCIE_Flyer is offline  
Old Aug 27, 18, 11:40 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Seattle, WA
Programs: UA 1K, Delta PM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat 100, IHG Gold
Posts: 343
Has anyone had luck using this to get gift cards from a hotel front desk?
Melodsal is offline  
Old Aug 28, 18, 1:04 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: May 2002
Programs: WN F9 UA AA IHG HH MR
Posts: 2,061
I combine a one night stay with gift card purchases to make the promo minimum and never had a problem.
Tanic is offline  
Old Aug 28, 18, 2:14 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Miami, FL
Programs: UA 1MM, AA Gold, Marriott LT Titanium Elite, Hilton ♢, IHG Plat, Radisson Gold, Hertz PC
Posts: 4,446
Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer View Post
Thanks very much for sharing! There are some pretty significant limitations, though (US properties - and only a subset at that - e.g.):

OFFER TERMS

Enrollment limited. Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem. Only U.S.-issued American Express® Cards are eligible. Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels. Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card. Offer valid only at participating Marriott® brands in the U.S and U.S. territories, including: JW Marriott®, Autograph Collection®, Renaissance® Hotels, Marriott Hotels®, Delta Hotels®, Gaylord Hotels®, AC Hotels by Marriott®, Courtyard®, Residence Inn®, SpringHill Suites®, Fairfield Inn by Marriott®, TownePlace Suites® and Moxy® Hotels. Reservations must be made online at Marriott.com, via the Marriott Mobile App or by calling Marriott Worldwide Reservations (888-236-2427). Excludes the following brands: The Ritz-Carlton®, St. Regis®, EDITION®, The Luxury Collection, W® Hotels, Bulgari®, Sheraton®, Marriott Vacation Club®, Le Méridien®, Westin®, Design Hotels™, Tribute Portfolio®, Four Points® by Sheraton, Protea Hotels®, Aloft®, Marriott Executive Apartments®, Element® and Vistana™. Excludes all timeshares, residences, travel packages, and retail store purchases. Offer not valid at international locations outside the U.S and U.S. territories. Excludes gift card purchases. Offer only valid on room rate and room charges. Offer not valid for lodging stays that are paid for before the promotion start date or after the promotion end date. Offer is non-transferable. Limit of 1 statement credit(s) per Card Member. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 10/25/2018, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you may not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer. POID: GBMZ:0001
Why are they only promoting legacy Marriott properties? Aren't we all one big happy family now?
TravelinSperry is offline  
Old Aug 28, 18, 6:26 am
  #6  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto vicinity
Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E50, SPG P100, Marriott Plat, Fairmont Plat
Posts: 12,383
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry View Post
Why are they only promoting legacy Marriott properties? Aren't we all one big happy family now?
Presumably because they also have an SPG one now that expires on Sept 4. It’s too bad these promos are only valid at US properties.

My Cdn SPG Amex is having a similar promo (spend $250, get $50 back) but it’s valid at SPG and Marriott properties worldwide.
margarita girl is offline  
Old Aug 28, 18, 7:34 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier Elite+, United 1K, Delta Gold
Posts: 78
I'm assuming this won't be valid on mine as I'm waiting on my upgrade... but where can you check?
cmatthews11 is offline  
Old Aug 28, 18, 7:58 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum
Posts: 889
I wish they included non US properties. I ended a trip in the US a week before the SPG offer started... and will be in the US again right after this offer ends... Same thing with the Quantas offer for $200 off with $1000 USD spend. Must be an itinerary starting from the US to Australia. Too bad I am going to Australia on Quantas but starting from a different continent so I don't get credit. Oh well. IN general these loyalty programs are too US centric even if a large proportion of revenue derives from non US areas.
SHLTP is offline  
Old Aug 28, 18, 7:58 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 233
Most of my stays are across the border in Ontario, might need to find a weekend trip to Chicago instead of Toronto to get this.
Sintaku is offline  
Old Aug 28, 18, 8:27 am
  #10  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: SEA
Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Posts: 13,390
Originally Posted by cmatthews11 View Post
I'm assuming this won't be valid on mine as I'm waiting on my upgrade... but where can you check?
My offers show up on the Amex app after the details about payments and charges. They only display the first few, requiring one to click View More after those.
Points Scrounger is offline  
Old Aug 28, 18, 8:50 am
  #11  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto vicinity
Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E50, SPG P100, Marriott Plat, Fairmont Plat
Posts: 12,383
Originally Posted by SHLTP View Post
I wish they included non US properties. I ended a trip in the US a week before the SPG offer started... and will be in the US again right after this offer ends...
You can get around this. My SPG stay is in Oct even though the offer ends on Sept 4. I reached out to Guest Relations at the hotel and asked them to send me a credit card eAuthorization so I could prepay $300 on my stay. It's a flexible rate. I asked the hotel what happens if I change my reservation (often happens with my BRGs) and they said no problem, they would just apply the credit to the new reservation. I presume they would refund if you cancelled a flexible reservation.

BTW, my $300 SPG pre-payment has posted to my card, as well as the $60 credit for my October stay.
margarita girl is offline  
Old Sep 6, 18, 2:01 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Programs: Marriott Platinum, HH Gold, BW Diamond Select
Posts: 420
AMEX offer - $300 Marriott spend for $60 credit

I have a stay with Marriott starting 10/26...any thoughts on how to still take advantage of this offer? Hotel didn't offer a pre-paid option when booking... TIA!

Details

Get a one-time $60 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $300+ on room rate and room charges when you pay for your stay with Marriott from 8/27/2018 to 10/25/2018. See terms for exclusions.

Offer Terms

Enrollment limited. Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem. Only U.S.-issued American Express® Cards are eligible. Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels. Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card. Offer valid only at participating Marriott® brands in the U.S and U.S. territories, including: JW Marriott®, Autograph Collection®, Renaissance® Hotels, Marriott Hotels®, Delta Hotels®, Gaylord Hotels®, AC Hotels by Marriott®, Courtyard®, Residence Inn®, SpringHill Suites®, Fairfield Inn by Marriott®, TownePlace Suites® and Moxy® Hotels. Reservations must be made online at Marriott.com, via the Marriott Mobile App or by calling Marriott Worldwide Reservations (888-236-2427). Excludes the following brands: The Ritz-Carlton®, St. Regis®, EDITION®, The Luxury Collection, W® Hotels, Bulgari®, Sheraton®, Marriott Vacation Club®, Le Méridien®, Westin®, Design Hotels™, Tribute Portfolio®, Four Points® by Sheraton, Protea Hotels®, Aloft®, Marriott Executive Apartments®, Element® and Vistana™. Excludes all timeshares, residences, travel packages, and retail store purchases. Offer not valid at international locations outside the U.S and U.S. territories. Excludes gift card purchases. Offer only valid on room rate and room charges. Offer not valid for lodging stays that are paid for before the promotion start date or after the promotion end date. Offer is non-transferable. Limit of 1 statement credit(s) per Card Member. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 10/25/2018, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you may not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer. POID: GBMZ:0001
lasnowgirl is offline  
Old Sep 6, 18, 7:12 pm
  #13  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: GVA (Greater Vancouver Area)
Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.021MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CWC Au-197; CCC Elite; WoH Dis
Posts: 49,437
Originally Posted by lasnowgirl View Post
I have a stay with Marriott starting 10/26...any thoughts on how to still take advantage of this offer? Hotel didn't offer a pre-paid option when booking...
Call them and see if they'll let you prepay.
mahasamatman is offline  
Old Sep 6, 18, 7:53 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum
Posts: 889
I had a situation like this last year with Amex and a spend promo. Spend I think $15,000 USD and get 15,000 points. I wanted to qualify immediately rather than natural spend time frame, so I called up several Marriotts and asked to pre-pay. They sent an authorization form. I signed. Charged immediately and got the bonus points. Try that.
SHLTP is offline  
Old Sep 6, 18, 7:55 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Programs: Marriott Platinum, HH Gold, BW Diamond Select
Posts: 420
Great, thanks! I will try your suggestions! It's not much, but $60 isn't pocket change either
lasnowgirl is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread