Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Spend $300 get $60 back (and various similar offers) - Amex sync Marriott offer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 22, 2023, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak
Q: How do I find out about these offers?

A: subscribe to this thread Some other useful related threads to follow include:

General AMEX forum thread for all AMEX offers (often people will post these there and not in the forum-specific thread) -- especially if you are new to AMEX offers, there is some past discussion of how they work, can the same offer be added to more than one card (generally, no) etc.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...sa-2023-a.html

Equivalent Chase forum thread (note that Chase offers are usually brand-specific and have different dynamics than AMEX offers even though the basic idea is the same, e.g. if you have the same offer on multiple Chase cards you can add it to all those where it appears, unlike AMEX)
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...fic-cards.html

Q: Do I have to reach the threshold in a single transaction?

A: As a general rule, these spend $X get $Y offers as they apply to Marriott are across multiple transactions. Sometimes if you click/tap to see the T&C it will explicitly spell out "multiple purchases" or "in a single purchase" -- unless you see the latter, general experience is that multiple transactions within the offer period are ok as long as they add up to $X

Q: Do restaurant charges signed to the room/taxes/etc. count?

A: Yes. AMEX only cares about the total amount charged to the card at the vendor associated with the offer; it does not examine the breakdown of room charges vs. tax vs. dining/parking charges.

Q: I don't have a stay during the offer period Any other way to monetize the offer?

A: There are a couple ways.

1. Although the T&C may exclude gift cards, experience is generally that physical gift cards purchased at a front desk "look" just like room stays/charges and will get the credit. If you have questions about the usage of gift cards that you have already purchased or are considering purchasing, please use this separate thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...on-thread.html

Note, it may be difficult to find a location that sells physical gift cards. You can try asking in the thread for a particular area but you will likely end up just having to call/visit convenient locations nearby. Once you have one in your possession, they are supposedly reloadable, so don't throw one away just because it's used up otherwise you'll have to find (or go back to) a location that sells them again.

1b. eGift cards may or may not count depending on whether they post as Marriott; recent data points for this would be useful

2. If you have an upcoming stay, just not before the offer expires, you can call the hotel and ask them to charge a deposit up front that will be credited against the stay when it eventually does occur.

Q: Do multiple Bonvoy offers stack?

A: as a general rule, a transaction will trigger all AMEX offers that it qualifies for and that you have added to your card. In the past when the Bonvoy Brilliant card had the annual $300 credit, this stacked with a spend $X get $Y offer etc.
Print Wikipost

Spend $300 get $60 back (and various similar offers) - Amex sync Marriott offer

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2019, 4:02 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by goldenbear
Are you seeing this on your Bonvoy Card? i'm just seeing it on my platinum. Never figured out the rhyme or reason for why I don't get offers on the card I want to use sometimes! Think I'll wait a.couple days and see if it appears later on my Bonvoy.
Platinum as well. If you load more offers you end up getting more offers when they expire or are used, so surest way to get more offers is to add a bunch of soon to expire offers.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Deleted

Last edited by margarita girl; Oct 19, 2019 at 3:20 am
Old Oct 19, 2019, 7:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Tit, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, Carlson Gold, UA*S,
Marriott Amex offers

Check your Amex cards for suitable offers... there are a number floating around.

I was targeted for two:

Spend $500 or more, get $100 back at Marriott International luxury brands.
Get a one-time $100 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $500+ USD on room rate/room charges at EDITION®, The Ritz-Carlton®, The Luxury Collection, St. Regis®, W® Hotels & JW Marriott® from 9/5/2019 to 12/31/2019.

Spend $300 or more, get $60 back
Get a one-time $60 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $300 USD on room rate or room charges at participating properties in the Marriott Bonvoy™ portfolio from 10/18/2019 to 12/31/2019.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 7:41 pm

Is it for stays in the US only? Last time they didn’t give me the credit because I had booked in Japan.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 9:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Tit, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, Carlson Gold, UA*S,
Originally Posted by Too_Fly1
Is it for stays in the US only? Last time they didn’t give me the credit because I had booked in Japan.
Offer valid only at participating Marriott Bonvoy™ properties in the U.S. and U.S. territories, the Caribbean, Canada and Mexico. Not valid at Marriott Bonvoy™ properties in Cuba.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by Too_Fly1
Works on gift cards. We were able to purchase them at a Residence Inn and the Ritz for our trip to the Maldives. Though, I would contact the hotel you plan to stay at ahead of time and make sure they accept GC's as payment. We found at the St. Regis in the Maldives you couldn't use GC's to pay for the flight and water sports, which are things you can charge to your room.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 11:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Johnny Rocket
Check your Amex cards for suitable offers... there are a number floating around.

I was targeted for two:

Spend $500 or more, get $100 back at Marriott International luxury brands.
Get a one-time $100 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $500+ USD on room rate/room charges at EDITION®, The Ritz-Carlton®, The Luxury Collection, St. Regis®, W® Hotels & JW Marriott® from 9/5/2019 to 12/31/2019.

Spend $300 or more, get $60 back
Get a one-time $60 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $300 USD on room rate or room charges at participating properties in the Marriott Bonvoy™ portfolio from 10/18/2019 to 12/31/2019.
the $100 back offer has been around for a while....i believe there is a another thread about it as well....i got the $60 back offer earlier this year so i guess i won't get it again this year....
Old Oct 20, 2019, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Keyser
the $100 back offer has been around for a while....i believe there is a another thread about it as well....i got the $60 back offer earlier this year so i guess i won't get it again this year....
I got it again, but on my Plat card, not on the Marriott card.

The other thread read discussing this is

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...ott-offer.html
Old Oct 20, 2019, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by margarita girl
I got it again, but on my Plat card, not on the Marriott card.

The other thread read discussing this is

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...ott-offer.html
i never got it on my marriott card in the first place....i got it on my delta amex....
Old Oct 20, 2019, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by Keyser
i never got it on my marriott card in the first place....i got it on my delta amex....
I got the $300/$60 again just now on my platinum card, after having it on the same card earlier this year as well.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 4:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I got the $300/$60 again just now on my platinum card, after having it on the same card earlier this year as well.
interesting....no such luck for me....
Old Oct 21, 2019, 11:46 am

Programs: MR PP, UA Silver, SW A-List, HH Diamond
Just saw the same offer on my Wells Fargo Propel card as well. Nice surprise, since it's not issued by AMEX, I can double up. Actually, I am now recalling the same thing ($60 off $300 on both my Platinum and Propel) popped up last spring. Seems like the Propel has an abbreviated set of offers from what see on my Platinum (with occasional good travel deals), but not the offers only seen on my AMEX Bonvoy card.

An easy $60 x 4 in a year is great.

Last edited by goldenbear; Oct 30, 2019 at 4:24 pm
Old Oct 22, 2019, 3:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*
I have both the offers $100/$500 and the $60/$300 currently added and active on my Amex Everyday card. The first one is for "Luxury" properties (Edition, Ritz Carlton, St Regis, JW, W and Luxury Collection) and the other excludes the Luxury properties. I currently have gift cards I purchased from a prior offer but am tempted if there was some way to double dip on these offers, i.e. Purchase a $500 gift card at a local JW or W and see if it triggers credits against both offers. I seem to recall a time when a single transaction did trigger 2 offers.

This is of course assuming that Amex hasn't implemented the offers correctly. Maybe the word "Marriott" may trigger it since its the one brand that could conceivably be common across both offers.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 4:08 pm

Chase now also offering moneyback offers with its program called Chase Offers.

With the latest targeted Chase Offers deal for hotel stays, you can save 15% at Sheraton.
  • Valid through November 22, 2019
  • You need to spend a minimum of $100 to receive 10% back, and you can receive up to $33 back at Points
  • Valid only at Sheraton in the US, and not for stays at other Marriott brands, or for Sheraton properties outside the US
  • Not valid on third party bookings
  • The statement credit should post within 14 days of the transaction
margarita girl likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 4:28 pm

Programs: UA Gold, AA Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle, etc etc
I have this offer and also the Sheraton Chase max $33 offer. I have a $300+ Sheraton stay coming up and prefer to save $60 vs $33- can anyone confirm if Sheraton has triggered the $60 Amex offer for them?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.