Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

New email from SPG “you still need to merge your accounts”

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2018, 3:57 pm
Original Poster

Location: SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold:AA Plat, Now retired but previous NWA PLAT 2 Million +, United 1K plus etc etc

Just received an email from SPG yes email address says Starwood Preferred Guest not Marriott, Title of thread should say Combine not Merge
It says:

Now Live, New Benefits, One Program.
“You will still need to combine your Rewards and SPG® accounts to add up your nights and points in one place. Before you combine, decide if you want to keep your Rewards number or your new SPG number. All you need is your login info for both accounts”

i guess the left hand doesn’t know what the right hand is doing? I combined my accounts just fine days ago with correct points, nights, status showing up.
My only problem is recent stays not posting since Aug 18th.

Anyone else get this email? I’d hate to merge my accounts again and risk more problems, but then again maybe they’d double up my already merged points and nights?! I will not be the test case for a second merge.

Last edited by Bigshaker; Aug 27, 2018 at 4:30 pm
Old Aug 27, 2018, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Bigshaker
Anyone else get this email? I’d hate to merge my accounts again and risk more problems, but then again maybe they’d double up my already merged points and nights?! I will not be the test case for a second merge.
I got it too. And laughed and am doing no actions at all.

This is like the "Check in for your flight" email I get from American occasionally AFTER landing.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 4:01 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
I felt that this e-mail was poorly considered, given everything, if not outright in poor taste.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 4:22 pm

Programs: MR LTP, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
Correct - doesn't inspire confidence
Old Aug 27, 2018, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Antarius
I got it too. And laughed and am doing no actions at all.

This is like the "Check in for your flight" email I get from American occasionally AFTER landing.
Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
I felt that this e-mail was poorly considered, given everything, if not outright in poor taste.
+1. How long until we get an email saying that the reports of IT integration issues are "fake news"?
MePlatPremier likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 4:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier
I just merged accounts and lost my Marriott Rewards Platinum Premier number I have used for 15 years. Since Marriott won't answer the DAMN phone, I can't get any help.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 5:39 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I am surprised that nobody else received today or at least has complained about an email headed "NOW LIVE: New Benefits, One Combined Programme". Bearing in mind my entire profile had been offline for 5 days until about 2 hours before the message, it felt a bit like it was missing the zeitgeist and reminded me of British Airways assuring me they were cleaning their planes back when I brought my own wet wipes into First Class to bring the plane to the standards of public transport.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 8:46 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Bonvoyed Lifetime Gold
I got it and It made me sad, they had more then enough time to prepare for this and failed. I knew they havent done anything. I still dont get my SPG info including reservations it only shows marriott stuff on spg site. Im not combining anything till I have to. The marriott IT does not bring confidence, especially from this failed email. I wonder how long this will last, tomorrow is day 10...
Old Aug 27, 2018, 9:27 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by JfromTheBay
I got it and It made me sad, they had more then enough time to prepare for this and failed. I knew they havent done anything. I still dont get my SPG info including reservations it only shows marriott stuff on spg site. Im not combining anything till I have to. The marriott IT does not bring confidence, especially from this failed email. I wonder how long this will last, tomorrow is day 10...
Me, too. Is there a deadline to combine the two?

LAX
Old Aug 27, 2018, 9:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If I didn't know better, I'd wonder whether someone had hacked the SPG email account. Sad.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 9:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold, United Silver, BA Bronze
Received the email.

I am out of pocket 192,000 points on a cancellation, which doesn't even show on my account. I just called a very tired SPG rep who doesn't have a clear timeline on the fix.

There is no way I am combining accounts until this gets resolved.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 9:40 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Bonvoyed Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by LAX
Me, too. Is there a deadline to combine the two?

LAX
No.. and dont.. Just wait it out.. When Marriott gets desperate I hope they call in some consultants at the big 4. Throw some cash and get everyone on the same database and working properly. 9+ days and still not a smooth transition.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 10:18 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: Starwood:Lifetime Platinum, Air Canada:Basic, Asiana:Lifetime Diamond Plus, ANA: Basic
Originally Posted by JfromTheBay
No.. and dont.. Just wait it out.. When Marriott gets desperate I hope they call in some consultants at the big 4. Throw some cash and get everyone on the same database and working properly. 9+ days and still not a smooth transition.
What would accountants know what to do at big 4?Last thing IT guys need is business and accountant consultants. If they need help, they should have asked engineers reinforcememts like from IBM, Google or Microsoft. Pull one of those Obamacare website rescue operations.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 10:22 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC
I also received the email this morning. I stopped paying attention. After the weekend of 8/18, I wrote on FT that the IT merge was a disaster. Immediately someone told me to calm down and said the merge was "better than UA/CO." Really? I didn't have any issue with my points and loyalty status during the UA/CO merger.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yeunganson
What would accountants know what to do at big 4?Last thing IT guys need is business and accountant consultants. If they need help, they should have asked engineers reinforcememts like from IBM, Google or Microsoft. Pull one of those Obamacare website rescue operations.
You obviously dont know the Consulting business at the Big 4 is largely IT business together with integration of different systems used by different business units in a big corporation.

Google Accenture (Anderson Consulting) you will then know Big 4 is not just for business and accountant consultants.

Pure IT professionals would not know how to design a system without the much needed help from the business consultants input. Big 4 has specialized in combining both strength to address clients needs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.