FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Courtyard Taipei Downtown [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1927444-courtyard-taipei-downtown-master-thread.html)

myperks Aug 26, 2018 9:07 pm

Courtyard Taipei Downtown [Master Thread]

Courtyard Taipei Downtown

Popped up in my search for Taipei hotels. Expected December 2018. In a mixed use building per some google search.
Better location than the one in Nangang. Hopefully also a category 2 like the other Courtyard ;) (not holding my breath)

Typhoonpilot Aug 27, 2018 3:30 am

That is a pretty convenient location. I lived in two different places only a block or so from there many years ago. The only worrying item about that advertisement is they are talking about The Bistro, as in there is likely no lounge. The Courtyard in Nangang has a reasonable lounge and you're sitting right on top of the blue line of the MRT and the train station if you want to explore Sandiaoling, Fulong, Jiufen, and other points to the east.

myperks Oct 23, 2018 10:56 pm

Category 4. Considering (at this point) the Sheraton, Marriott, Aloft and the Renaissance are also Cat 4, choosing this property is for the location. This location basically replaces the Westin just a couple blocks away.

Walked past this place and took the pics from across the street. Looks fairly completed.

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...8f3754294.jpeg

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...499bc2efb.jpeg

SkiAdcock Dec 2, 2018 2:27 pm

"Courtyard by Marriott Taipei Downtown, the first hotel certificated as Diamond Level Green Building in Taiwan, is conveniently located within walking distance of Xingtian Temple Metro station while Taipei Songshan airport and Taoyuan International Airport are just 8 minutes and 45 minutes by car respectively.Relax and discover in our 227 guest rooms and suites with dramatic views of the Taipei skyline.

The Executive Club guest rooms are entitled with exclusive privileges and ideal for travelers seeking an extra level of attention and personalized service. Plus, our well-equipped gymnasium is open 24 hours for workout. Our MJ Kitchen offers an all-day experience with an open kitchen and a variety of sumptuous cuisine while the lounge offers drinks and snacks. You may unwind and relax with drift lounge bar’s signature cocktails in the evening. Whether traveling for business or pleasure, your stay at Courtyard Taipei Downtown is sure to be more comfortable and enjoyable than ever before!"

Looks like it will have an exec lounge. Website says open daily & private access to floors 14 & 15. Category 4 hotel.

Cheers.

fumje Dec 20, 2018 1:43 pm

Does anyone know when this will be available for reservation? I thought I had seen it show available recently (actually I thought I had made a reservation for April, but apparently I hadn't). Today it does not take reservations, though.

Brucemcdou Jan 7, 2019 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by fumje (Post 30558418)
Does anyone know when this will be available for reservation? I thought I had seen it show available recently (actually I thought I had made a reservation for April, but apparently I hadn't). Today it does not take reservations, though.

I'm staying there in four weeks, so hopefully some of the new-hotel kinks will be worked out! Anybody stayed here yet and have any reviews/thoughts/words of advice?

helvetic Feb 10, 2019 10:16 am

I'll be staying here tomorrow. Will report back.

username Feb 10, 2019 12:02 pm

Tripadvisor reviews are here: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...ct_Taipei.html - not a lot yet.

helvetic Feb 11, 2019 9:49 pm

Fantastic hotel. Checked in yesterday and it's already my new favorite in Taipei. A few thoughts:

- Great warm friendly and helpful service. Taipei is usually a disappointing city when it comes to service (my impression in general and based on previous stays at the W and Aloft). Well, that's not the case here. Every staff member I've interacted with has gone above and beyond. I'm far happier here than at my St. Regis stay yesterday — service literally 10x better, and it's a Courtyard!

- Hardware is beautiful, clean, modern. It looks like a much higher-end hotel. Room is small, but very practically designed and I don't have any issues. I was upgraded to a nicer view which I appreciate, but not to a suite as they were sold out. Marble everywhere.

- The Executive Lounge is fantastic. Far better than some much higher-end offering, with pleasant music, a self-service bar, good food offerings that could make a meal in a bind, and isn't crowded. There's a beautiful outdoor terrace with gorgeous views of the city. The staff is super proactively helpful. Special shout-out to Wendy who went absolutely above and beyond!

- Woke up to late for breakfast, so no thoughts on that yet and I'll follow up with details. I was however offered breakfast in the restaurant in addition to the breakfast they serve in the lounge.

- Location in the city is good, but it isn't right on a MRT stop which is the only inconvenience. Very easy to get anywhere in a taxi. There doesn't seem to be a ton of activity in the immediate vicinity.

theOtherHolmes Feb 24, 2019 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by helvetic (Post 30767359)
Fantastic hotel. Checked in yesterday and it's already my new favorite in Taipei. A few thoughts:

- Great warm friendly and helpful service. Taipei is usually a disappointing city when it comes to service (my impression in general and based on previous stays at the W and Aloft). Well, that's not the case here. Every staff member I've interacted with has gone above and beyond. I'm far happier here than at my St. Regis stay yesterday — service literally 10x better, and it's a Courtyard!

- Hardware is beautiful, clean, modern. It looks like a much higher-end hotel. Room is small, but very practically designed and I don't have any issues. I was upgraded to a nicer view which I appreciate, but not to a suite as they were sold out. Marble everywhere.

- The Executive Lounge is fantastic. Far better than some much higher-end offering, with pleasant music, a self-service bar, good food offerings that could make a meal in a bind, and isn't crowded. There's a beautiful outdoor terrace with gorgeous views of the city. The staff is super proactively helpful. Special shout-out to Wendy who went absolutely above and beyond!

- Woke up to late for breakfast, so no thoughts on that yet and I'll follow up with details. I was however offered breakfast in the restaurant in addition to the breakfast they serve in the lounge.

- Location in the city is good, but it isn't right on a MRT stop which is the only inconvenience. Very easy to get anywhere in a taxi. There doesn't seem to be a ton of activity in the immediate vicinity.

Thanks! We are considering this or the Sheraton for a 7-night redemption using e-certificate. Which one would you recommend? WE have a three year old toddler.

helvetic Feb 24, 2019 1:38 pm

This would be a perfectly family friendly hotel. I think this place will exceed expectations, from service to quality for a limited service courtyard. I enjoyed myself more here than at the 4x as expensive W.

frudd38 Apr 7, 2019 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by helvetic (Post 30767359)

Recent stay last week and thoughts are just about the same. I was able to partake in breakfast in the MJ restaurant which was much better than the Courtyard Nangang, with separate made to order omelettes, greens, and soup/noodle stations. The lounge space is fantastic and the offerings are good for Courtyard standards. MRT is about a 10 minute walk but taxis/ubers are cheap enough in Taipei.

Suite was showing available morning of but gone by the time I checked in. I was upgraded proactively to a Deluxe room and inquired what the difference a Premier room was, which front desk agent indicated a 101 view. I asked for that and she quickly obliged after a few clicks.

ftrichard May 3, 2019 4:10 am

Interesting experience at this new hotel in Taipei. Checked in on the app two days in advance and was allocated an upgraded Premier room with Taipei 101 view the day before. When I arrived at 10pm I got the basic room I paid for. I don’t usually do this but I called down and asked for the room with a view that had been allocated to me and was told there was no availability any more and I’d only booked a basic room. I’d checked the app and there were Premier rooms showing so I told them this and reminded them I’m Titanium. She said there was an IT error and there wasn’t anything else. But... I was promised a suite for the remaining three nights if I could wait until the previous guest checked out and the room was cleared. This was delivered at 7pm the next day and our bags moved.

Corner suite is good for a Courtyard with Nespresso machine that makes better coffee than the machine in the lounge. USB ports everywhere. I counted eight. Bedroom window has 101 view. Breakfast in the main buffet is good with a great variety of different Asian foods. Fewer cereal and pastry options than you would imagine. Lounge in the evening is so-so. If you’re desperate for it to be a meal then it will suffice. But despite the branded bottles, the curious selection of spirits felt weak and slightly watered down but could be wrong about that. Didn’t seem to do the job very easily despite double measures. The deep yellow Blossom Hill Chardonnay was undrinkable to my lips.

Service was good though throughout and especially in the lounge. Obviously compared to US Courtyards this wipes the floor but I’d say the new one in Iloilo is a bit better because of the better lounge and breakfast buffet. Location is good for accessibility by car but poor for the metro being about 10 mins walk (and I walk quickly). Plats get 500 welcome points, breakfast in the buffet, suites (possible), lounge access with food and booze (4 hours) in the evening, and late check out. It’s probably better value than the nearby Aloft because of the better breakfast buffet, lounge with booze and food, and possibility of a suite.

cksnipe Jul 22, 2019 6:27 am

Does anyone know the actual bed configuration in the standard "2 twin/single" rooms? The photos show two double beds. Is it actually two twin/single beds or two doubles as in the photos?

tf552 Jul 24, 2019 3:06 am

I see it has now been downgraded to Category 3 hotel which is good news for me as I’m planning to stay here in September :D
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...272a787293.png