Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Experience with stays posting after Aug 18th merge date

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Experience with stays posting after Aug 18th merge date

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2018, 8:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite/Lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum Medallion, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by The Tradition
YAY! My activity finally updated and now it's calculating correctly!

Now if I can only straighten out the 500 points I was shorted during the week before the changeover.
Originally Posted by Bigshaker
Account activity and details are now displaying online, wow!!
I guess the Marriott IT folks must be football fans and wanted the stay issues and account activity finished and fixed before the NFL game tonight....luckily the game start was delayed an hour.

Time for some Marriott NFL twitter points
Mine are showing, and they appear to be accurate. Not only that, but it appears I actually got a welcome bonus(points) for the first time in two months without calling.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
My points & nights were going up with no activity. Today the activity showed up and the points are correct.

I still am missing two award stays the week after the conversion. The problem is they were done with my old SPG# which I no longer used. I combined my two accounts pretty early on and kept my Marriott Rewards # as my primary. I believe SPG should still post though considering I could see those two reservations on marriott.com after I signed in with my Marriott reward number.

Possibly the backlog of posting is so huge that Marriott is focusing on revenue/paid stays first? I'm fine with it as I already have lifetime Plat Premier so the two stays don't affect anything other than getting me closer to my 75 night award for this calendar year (which I'll hit anyway without these two stays/bonus points).

For those not seeing activity yet...I'm sure it's running in batches and it's a ton of data to sort through. Give it a little more time if you can and just stay on top of what you're owed so you can call in if it never posts (after a few more days or a week?)

-RM
Old Sep 6, 2018, 9:55 pm

Programs: AA, Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton
a lot of my stays just showed up - although there are a lot of random poitns adjustments to my amex spend, and not all of it makes sense.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 8:06 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
My stay at Le Meridien Jakarta on 25Aug is now show up in detail.

But my stay at The Hermitage Jakarta on 18-20Aug and FP Kuta on 24Aug are still not there, not the the number of nights. So, is it time to claim missing stay?
Old Sep 7, 2018, 8:11 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
All of my activity detail for August posted last night. I am about to checkout of another stay today and have two more coming up over the next week. Hopefully posting is back to normal in general and I'll see them in my activity detail within a few days of checkout.

--Jon
Old Sep 7, 2018, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by IslesFan
Directly from the horses mouth:

Mouth??? Hmmm, maybe not... Sounds like typical CSR speak, they didn't answer the question answered. You asked about transactions and they responded about totals. From what I've been reading the totals have been updating properly but no supporting data to support it. I'm sure it's all going to get worked out and strides are being made. I'm not sure how the calls are helping any of this. I would think it's a good bet they know what needs attention and they have a punch list to work from. Tying up phone agents is just hurting those that have current business to accomplish and can't get through. Personally, I keep the equivalence to a check register in Excel and track my own numbers, and it allows me to forecast upcoming activity to make sure I don't fall short reaching my year-end goals, but that's me.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 9:47 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite/Lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum Medallion, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by RogerD408
Mouth??? Hmmm, maybe not... Sounds like typical CSR speak, they didn't answer the question answered. You asked about transactions and they responded about totals. From what I've been reading the totals have been updating properly but no supporting data to support it. I'm sure it's all going to get worked out and strides are being made. I'm not sure how the calls are helping any of this. I would think it's a good bet they know what needs attention and they have a punch list to work from. Tying up phone agents is just hurting those that have current business to accomplish and can't get through. Personally, I keep the equivalence to a check register in Excel and track my own numbers, and it allows me to forecast upcoming activity to make sure I don't fall short reaching my year-end goals, but that's me.
I'd consider no nights or points showing in the log to be incorrect. And who said anything about tying up phone lines? This was a DM on twitter.

To each his own I guess.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by IslesFan
I'd consider no nights or points showing in the log to be incorrect. And who said anything about tying up phone lines? This was a DM on twitter.

To each his own I guess.
Yes, everyone gets to select their priorities, never denied that. FT is full of posts about account data being incorrect. All responses were "being worked on". Changes have been happening since day one of the merge. No evidence a contact (be it call, email, twitter, etc.) made any difference. You seemed to miss the part where they really didn't answer your question. We tout using HUCA when we don't get the answer we expect. Makes me wonder if getting the answer we want is any different that getting the one we don't want. Good chance any answer is wrong. Sad commentary on how support has degraded over the years, and also our willingness to accept it.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 6:27 pm

I just called and had to ask for a stay from just past 8/18 to be posted manually. Take this agent's explanation with a grain of salt, but she said that the reservation included my old pre-consolidation SPG number. The integration was supposed to have converted all reservations to the new SPG numbers, which is why this stay didn't post correctly. According to her my future reservations display the new SPG number, but I'll be careful to confirm next time I check in.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 6:28 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by lingua101
My stay at Le Meridien Jakarta on 25Aug is now show up in detail.

But my stay at The Hermitage Jakarta on 18-20Aug and FP Kuta on 24Aug are still not there, not the the number of nights. So, is it time to claim missing stay?
It can't hurt. I would at this point--unless you had an Ambassador.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Quick question:

The number points I have earned through the AMEX (non-luxury card) spend is a multiplier of 5.88 of my actual spend - all Starwood hotels. I had thought you would earn 6 points per every dollar spend.

Any feedback?

Thanks!
Old Sep 7, 2018, 6:58 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Repooc17
Quick question:

The number points I have earned through the AMEX (non-luxury card) spend is a multiplier of 5.88 of my actual spend - all Starwood hotels. I had thought you would earn 6 points per every dollar spend.

Any feedback?

Thanks!
I'd make the guess that it's either (1) another IT error or (2) the total spend doesn't include taxes or other fees, such that it actually is 6x and you just don't realize it. You can call Amex and ask. Please do report back if you get a verified answer!
Old Sep 7, 2018, 7:20 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
My 9/5 stay at the new Westin Carlsbad Resort & Spa posted today on 9/7. Though a day slower than I am used to SPG stays posting , 2 days is as fast as my Marriott stays were posting pre merger.

I am still waiting for a family points transfer initiated 8/16 to reach my account and I instructed my Ambassador to wait until next week to seek refunds on 2 upcoming award stays. But all in all, my account seems pretty much back in order.

Last edited by damon88; Sep 7, 2018 at 7:30 pm
Old Sep 7, 2018, 7:22 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
My paid Marriott stay (check out date Aug 17) just appeared today on the Latest Activity page. It only took 3 weeks-1 day to appear. My account's total stays/points had updated two weeks ago with this stay, but it is comforting to see that the stay details are now available.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 2:00 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by OptionsCLE
I just called and had to ask for a stay from just past 8/18 to be posted manually. Take this agent's explanation with a grain of salt, but she said that the reservation included my old pre-consolidation SPG number. The integration was supposed to have converted all reservations to the new SPG numbers, which is why this stay didn't post correctly. According to her my future reservations display the new SPG number, but I'll be careful to confirm next time I check in.
Agreed. I manually modified one of my checkouts to my new SPG # (at checkout). That stay credited. Another stay I left it my old SPG #. That stay still has not credited. It's only two datapoints, but going forward I will be sure to give my new SPG#.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.