Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Experience with stays posting after Aug 18th merge date

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Experience with stays posting after Aug 18th merge date

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2018, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Location: SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold:AA Plat, Now retired but previous NWA PLAT 2 Million +, United 1K plus etc etc
[QUOTE=RogerD408;30174190]
Originally Posted by Bigshaker
Are you saying that your pre-merge SPG LT nights was showing as correct and then when you combined your YTD nights got added in? I haven't combined and ever since the merge my SPG account showed my LT nights increased by my YTD nights. Last night that got updated and my SPG LT nights are now correct and I still haven't combined my accounts. There's more work to be done, so I'm holding off combining accounts.
Pre merge/combine my spg LT nights were 725 5 days before Aug 18th (I took a screen shot) and my Ytd SPG nights were 5 which I assumed were included in the 725.

The day of the merge/account combine that I did on Aug 19th I again took screen shots during the merging process Marriott displayed my LT SPG nights as 730 instead of 725.

Pre merge/combine my Marriott nights were 350 Lifetime and 36 ytd. Day of the merge these numbers didn’t change

Once my accounts were combined Aug 19th and my LT nights were displayed on the new combined Marriott as 1080 (730 +350)

Yesterday, my LT nights decreased by 5 and I thought it was a mistake.
However, I stumbled on the SPG Forum post by Margaritagirl explaining to many folks at SPG who also had LT nights decrease yesterday that this was a know issue where SPG ytd nights were double counted during the account merge.

I then reviewed all my old screen shots of both accounts and I saw the screen shot discrepancy of SPG 725 and 730 nights a few days apart. 725 was the correct number and thus my LT night total going down by 5 last night is correct.

The only thing still missing (for everyone) is account activity detail showing exactly what points have/have not posted. All my nights ytd and LT are now correct.

Old Sep 6, 2018, 11:44 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Originally Posted by bhrubin
My stay for Aug 31 - Sept 2 posted to my account today. That’s 4 days after departure, longer than it should take but at least there seems to be progress.
Is it showing on the Activity page?

Last edited by Michilander; Sep 6, 2018 at 11:45 am Reason: typo
Old Sep 6, 2018, 12:06 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Michilander
Is it showing on the Activity page?
Actually, no. I see that my nights total had updated so I didn't bother with the Activities page. Not yet!
Old Sep 6, 2018, 1:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite/Lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum Medallion, Hertz #1 Gold
Directly from the horses mouth:

bhrubin likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 1:21 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
My checkout on 9/3 posted 9/5. (I'm combined, SPG leading #, Plat). Points and Nights added to total; Account Activity doesn't show the actual stay (as others have reported). I thought that was pretty quick, though.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
[QUOTE=RogerD408;30174190]
Are you saying that your pre-merge SPG LT nights was showing as correct and then when you combined your YTD nights got added in? I haven't combined and ever since the merge my SPG account showed my LT nights increased by my YTD nights. Last night that got updated and my SPG LT nights are now correct and I still haven't combined my accounts. There's more work to be done, so I'm holding off combining accounts.
In my case, pre-Aug 18, I was at 780 SPG LT nights, 345 Marriott LT nights and 55 SPG YTD nights. On Aug 18, I had 835 SPG LT nights, 345 Marriott LT nights and 55 SPG YTD nights. I have not combined my accounts. As of last night, I dropped back to 780 SPG LT nights, 345 Marriott LT nights and 55 SPG YTD nights. (I didn't want to give the exact numbers, but this is close enough.)
Old Sep 6, 2018, 5:44 pm

I stayed at the Ritz Carlton Hong Kong Aug 29-31. It seems the points posted (I think) but doesn't show up in the activity page.
Has anyone had that happen?

Also, I redeemed a night at the Courtyard Tokyo Station. It seems to have deducted the points from the total but does not show up in activity.
Again, is that a known problem?
Old Sep 6, 2018, 5:51 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
A missing stay from July has still not posted, but the Activity page is now up to date with the post merger stays. Some points mistakes, but all the entries are there.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 7:41 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Platinum, MR Gold, Aeroplan 25K
Five stays since the merge. Nights are now correct. While points have increased I can't check for accuracy as nothing has posted in Activity.

It would be nice if they posted as I would then be Platinum.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 7:53 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
My activity updated today and confirmed to me that I wasn't awarded points correctly for recent stays. After two hours on the phone I managed to get Marriott to fix the fact that I only got points for one room for several two room reservations, and a missing stay got posted. They gave me 10k extra points for my troubles which is nice I suppose. Unfortunately, they also told me they'd take care of getting my 60k points back for a cancelled SPG reservation and offered to let me hang up since it'd been so long, but those haven't come back so I suspect I'll be making another lengthy call tomorrow.

Also my lifetime nights went down by 6. Not sure if they revoked some SPG credit card nights or something but I can't be bothered with it so I'll probably just accept that those are gone forever now. On the other hand, I got night credit for two rooms on a recent SPG stay so I guess I should be happy if I can get away with that.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 8:05 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond; Bonvoy Titanium
YAY! My activity finally updated and now it's calculating correctly!

Now if I can only straighten out the 500 points I was shorted during the week before the changeover.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 8:23 pm
Original Poster

Location: SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold:AA Plat, Now retired but previous NWA PLAT 2 Million +, United 1K plus etc etc
Account activity and details are now displaying online, wow!!
I guess the Marriott IT folks must be football fans and wanted the stay issues and account activity finished and fixed before the NFL game tonight....luckily the game start was delayed an hour.

Time for some Marriott NFL twitter points
bhrubin likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 8:30 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Account activity and details are now displaying online, wow!!
I guess the Marriott IT folks must be football fans and wanted the stay issues and account activity finished and fixed before the NFL game tonight....luckily the game start was delayed an hour.

Time for some Marriott NFL twitter points
Thats the funniest post I’ve seen in a while. Thanks for that!
Old Sep 6, 2018, 8:36 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by RogerD408
Expect this to stick around, it's a short term issue and won't matter after this year. As long as your current status shows Platinum (or better) you're good to go.
how i know they MR knows I have re-qualified as Platinum for 2019?
Old Sep 6, 2018, 8:41 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
my 3 missing night on the week of 18-26 Aug still remaining missing. I heard from my friend that stay fairly recently his stay is posted. Not sure what's the problem

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.