Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Experience with stays posting after Aug 18th merge date

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Experience with stays posting after Aug 18th merge date

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2018, 8:20 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Alaska Mileage Plan, Marriott Bonvoy
My 8/15-8/18 Melbourne Marriott stay just posted yesterday 8/28.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 8:38 am

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, DL PM/1MM, Marriott Amb/LT Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Priority Club Platinum, Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by Renard
I had a checkout from the 19th just post. I see the nights and the points increase but I can't find the details in 'my activity'
This happened yesterday with a checkout from the 26th. I was hoping to see it fixed today but it still looks the same. At least I got the points/nights which is more than I can say for a lot of prior stays from the last several months. All of my chase card points for the month also posted a few days ago.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 9:03 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite/Lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum Medallion, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by wtigerFF
This happened yesterday with a checkout from the 26th. I was hoping to see it fixed today but it still looks the same. At least I got the points/nights which is more than I can say for a lot of prior stays from the last several months. All of my chase card points for the month also posted a few days ago.
My Marriott CC points have not posted yet for this month. It usually posts on the 28th of each month without fail(as the CC cycle ends on the 26th). I did merge my accounts, and I kept my original marriott #.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Location: SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold:AA Plat, Now retired but previous NWA PLAT 2 Million +, United 1K plus etc etc
I received an email today from Marriott with Bonus Confirmation in title, message says you’ve received 500 bonus points from last Hotel I stayed at.
Assume this is 500 point platinum amentity that posted to my account yesterday?
No account details posted yet to see.
I really don’t get all the effort required to make the “system” send me an email about my bonus points when they can’t get stays posted and displaying properly yet.
Forget these dumb emails, get our past stays, nights and points posted and displayed for us to see FIRST then make the system “fancy” with these kind of alert emails once everything else is working right.
Totally backward priority list of issues to fix in what order.

Last edited by Bigshaker; Aug 29, 2018 at 9:13 am
Old Aug 29, 2018, 9:37 am

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
I was at a Marriott 8/17-8/19 and my stuff posted last night
Old Aug 29, 2018, 9:58 am

Programs: United GS MM, Hilton LT Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
I had a recent stay 8/10-8/25 in Santiago and 14 additional nights posted yesterday to my YTD and LT totals, but it should have been 15 nights, my points total has increased twice in the past 2 days, but there's no details behind the increases as my activity screen isn't showing any stay or points posting details.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 10:18 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
No. I even used my new SPG # thinking it would prove helpful. However, it wasn't.

Checkout on Aug 25 hasn't posted.

However I did receive my Amex cc points on Aug 25, so that's a start.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 10:23 am

Programs: 2mm+ UAL | Lifetime Titanium Marriott | Globalist Hyatt | SpireElite IHG
I was bold enough to have a 2room stay at a property literally ON the day of the system turnover (17-18Aug)

Took 10days to post, but is there now.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had two stays last weekend; one posted, with a line item; one added the points but with no line item.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 11:01 am

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
I had a one night stay from 8/24 post on 8/26.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 11:12 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Yes, a 3 night stay from 20-23 Aug posted for me on Monday 27th. I did NOT use my new SPG#; it was a pre 8/18 marriott.com reservation.

It does not appear as a line item in Account Activity - but it's included in the total points and total nights figures (on website and SPG app).
Old Aug 29, 2018, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Bigshaker
I received an email today from Marriott with Bonus Confirmation in title, message says you’ve received 500 bonus points from last Hotel I stayed at.
Assume this is 500 point platinum amentity that posted to my account yesterday?
No account details posted yet to see.
I really don’t get all the effort required to make the “system” send me an email about my bonus points when they can’t get stays posted and displaying properly yet.
Forget these dumb emails, get our past stays, nights and points posted and displayed for us to see FIRST then make the system “fancy” with these kind of alert emails once everything else is working right.
Totally backward priority list of issues to fix in what order.

Different teams working on different projects. That may be part of the delay with too many people working a single task. Status meetings can take a disproportionate amount of time.
C17PSGR likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 11:22 am

Programs: American Airlines, Marriott, Hertz, Avis
My stay from Aug 14-17 hasn't appeared yet, and as of this afternoon my reservations have disappeared as well.

I made a new res this morning and all had looked okie then.

Things are definitely still shaking out.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 11:27 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Eurobonus Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Gold
A 3-room SPG stay from August 7-11 that posted correctly (night credit for all 3 rooms) in SPG before the move brought my SPG total for the year to 60 nights. Then I had a 3-room Marriott stay from August 19-21, which I expect should only get credit for 1 room's nights.

The SPG stay still shows all nights listed but my annual combined total is now 57 nights. And that's when I can get in to my account, which is rare. It usually tells me my password is invalid but I can't change it.

Participation trophies for everyone!

Last edited by alltforsverige; Aug 29, 2018 at 11:28 am Reason: Typo
Old Aug 29, 2018, 11:32 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by RogerD408
Different teams working on different projects. That may be part of the delay with too many people working a single task. Status meetings can take a disproportionate amount of time.
This reminds me of driving with the mini spare tire ... it works, but throws me over to the legacy SPG site if I want to check on a legacy SPG property, sometimes the app shows all my reservations, sometimes just SPG reservations, the app shows only SPG properties for reserving and not MR properties, ... obviously, the database pull is prioritizing data from SPG. The app has data on spend but the website doesn't.

Different teams trying to fix different problems. Someone made sure that you can make and see reservations on the app from the SPG system ... but inadvertently killed the connection to the MR system.

I can feel the yelling ....

But all my points are there, my lifetime status is right, my current status is right, my nights ytd is only a couple off (that's from the SPG side), my lifetime nights look about right, and my ytd spend looks about right. Plus, I made reservations for both MR and SPG properties that show up on the website (only SPG properties on the app). And my suite upgrade for my next stay is showing before my arrival.

Last edited by C17PSGR; Aug 29, 2018 at 11:41 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.