Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Experience with stays posting after Aug 18th merge date

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Experience with stays posting after Aug 18th merge date

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2018, 12:15 am

Again I have no experience with mergers or IT but it makes no sense to me why my normal stays with Marriott are not posting in my activity log. I can understand the Starwood stays not posting on my Marriott account. Business travelers that need a picture or copy of your receipt for expense reports make sure your asking for a copy before you leave so you don't have to call all over.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 1:53 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by joseror
Looks like they have figured out posting of *very* recent stays. My stay from a day ago is already posted, but still missing stay from 2 weeks ago,
Not really my stays from week of 18-Aug (4 nights of 3 stays) are still missing. I got 1 nights extra dunno from where. Also 2 nights that have been posted in SPG account still disappear.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Marriott15
Business travelers that need a picture or copy of your receipt for expense reports make sure your asking for a copy before you leave so you don't have to call all over.
I have been doing this for the past three years of my Marriott stays, since Marriott has long been incapable of sending an e-mail folio the day I check out
Old Sep 4, 2018, 7:56 am
Original Poster

Location: SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold:AA Plat, Now retired but previous NWA PLAT 2 Million +, United 1K plus etc etc
My 2 missing nights from Aug 21st have posted. My night total is now correct. I won’t know if my point total is correct until I can actually see the detail of my account activity and what exactly has posted, which still does not display any of the recent stays since Aug 18th.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 8:13 am

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, National EE, NEXUS, Global Entry
I have a similar issue, my points and nights are posting to my account but the details of the stay do not show in my account history so I am unable to verify if my bonus points were correctly awarded and/or print a copy of my receipt. I find this very strange especially since my entire SPG account history was merged correctly and I can see those stays in my account but non of the stays (4) I did since the end of July show in my account history.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 8:40 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Bigshaker

The rewards desk phone agent this morning found my missing stay after about 5 min of looking, from Aug 21st, and manually posted the points. I don’t know how she found it, where she looked etc.
My point total went up within 2 min of hanging up but my night total stayed the same (should have gone up by 2)
Good suggestion, but it, unfortunately, did not work for us. Half an hour on the phone and we only came away with two case numbers.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I submitted a missing stay request on the 28th. This was today's fine and informative reply:

"Thank you for letting us know of your missing stay. You may not see some of your recent stays in your account. We are currently working to process all stays since our systems integration. Not to worry, they will be posted soon. Please continue to look for them in your account. It should be posted soon."
Old Sep 4, 2018, 9:10 am

Programs: UA 1K | MR Platinum
Stayed at a Marriott on 08/21 and a Westin 08/22. Marriott posted about a week later, no sign of the Westin stay. Accounts are not merged. Ugh. This is getting old.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 9:13 am
Original Poster

Location: SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold:AA Plat, Now retired but previous NWA PLAT 2 Million +, United 1K plus etc etc
My call yesterday to the rewards desk proves “there is a way” for them to find, see and manually post a missing stay.
I followed the automated prompts for rewards but still ended up at platinum reservations, I asked and they transferred me to the rewards desk. Maybe they have a better pool of people to transfer the call to?

It it just depends on the experience, skill and attitude of the rep you get. She was able to find my missing stay from Aug 21st after 5 min or so on hold, she was able to manually post the points that appeared in my total within a couple minutes of ending the call and within 24 hours the 2 stay nights that went with that stay posted as well.

Be friendly, not upset on the call. Get some rapport in the first 15 seconds, Then ask, I heard there’s a way you can see my past stays, I’m just trying to figure out what has posted to my account and what hasn’t. I don’t think my stay from Aug 21st has posted, what can you see?

Sending messages to the abyss of Marriott customer support isn’t going to get you a timely resolution, if any response.

Keep calling “early in the morning” before they are swamped and out of energy to make the effort to find your stay.
The day after the holiday weekend (ie today) is probably not the best day to call.

I dont know if this this will work with SPG branded hotel stays which seems like a bigger issue, this was for a Marriott Courtyard stay.

Good luck!

Old Sep 4, 2018, 12:49 pm

Programs: United, AA, KrisFlyer
We had stays after 8/18 that haven't posted. Unfortunately for us, the first of those stays would have pushed us over into Gold Status. So we pretty much got nothing for the other two stays. Being as that we were in Asia, we couldn't call customer service and staff at the hotels were pretty much of no use in terms of our award status (and we didn't expect them to be). My wife has called and I've written to Customer Service since our return giving details for the missing three stays which would push us from 22 nights to 34 nights and get us well about Gold Status. We'll see what happens.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 6:59 pm

Programs: AA, Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton
4 stays from before merger posted, except two of them have a date of 8/27, which was not my stay date. 3 stays after merger have not posted.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 1:26 am

So people that are calling in to get missing stays added to your account, are they actually posting/you can see them on your activity log after they say there are posted to you account?
Old Sep 5, 2018, 4:03 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by StatusChallenged
4 stays from before merger posted, except two of them have a date of 8/27, which was not my stay date. 3 stays after merger have not posted.
lucky you... no update on my account.....

my stay was on the week of 18-aug, shouldn't that get posted first?
Old Sep 5, 2018, 5:32 am

No activity whatsoever is being posted to the activity log. Neither stays nor redemptions.

Apart from that, after Aug 18 everything is being posted correctly to the points balance and ytd nights counter.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 7:10 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond; Bonvoy Titanium
Nope, nothing is showing up in the Activity log, but the nights counter and the points are rising. Can't tell if the points are being accurately calculated without the stay details in activity though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.