Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Spg cravings is closed?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2018, 8:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Spg cravings is closed?

I can’t access the page anymore and wonder if it still exists. Was great stuff and hope Marriott didn’t remove this benefit. Anyone has a link or Informations?
Old Aug 26, 2018, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by frenchft
I can’t access the page anymore and wonder if it still exists. Was great stuff and hope Marriott didn’t remove this benefit. Anyone has a link or Informations?
See: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30033038-post32.html
If it was a SPG page it may be in transition. Not that Marriott may have changed their mind.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 10:27 pm

That link is super unhelpful.
More interested if the standard member discounts are still available!
Old Aug 26, 2018, 10:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I ate at a Sheraton Grand on Saturday in a property I am not staying at. I got 20% discount and points. The point receipt they gave me was new and had SPG & Marriott & Ritz on it, different format from previous ones that just said Starwood. NOt sure if this is what you mean by SPG Cravings. But at least some properties are still giving discounts
Old Aug 27, 2018, 1:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Originally Posted by SHLTP
I ate at a Sheraton Grand on Saturday in a property I am not staying at. I got 20% discount and points. The point receipt they gave me was new and had SPG & Marriott & Ritz on it, different format from previous ones that just said Starwood. NOt sure if this is what you mean by SPG Cravings. But at least some properties are still giving discounts
yes you are right better to make it clear. What I’m talking about : Points and discount (up to 20%) in restaurant and bar even when not hotel guest, just by leaving my spg number.

But im also talking about the discount as an hotel guest.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 3:45 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA LTG/GFL, Honors Diamond, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Silver
Originally Posted by frenchft

But im also talking about the discount as an hotel guest.
20% discount at st Regis, saadiyat island, Abu Dhabi, on food, (not bev) as of 26 August 2018.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 4:04 am

Programs: Some
Yes, appears to be gone, which is a shame.

Most of the same restaurants in APAC are taking part in the new Marriott dining scheme which is fairly similar, however. See here - https://marriottmembersdinemore.com/en
margarita girl and frenchft like this.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 5:55 am
Original Poster

For those in Middle East there is a stunning -30% (food and beverage including alcohol) going on till mid September. SPG properties, don't know about marriott.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 5:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rjn21

20% discount at st Regis, saadiyat island, Abu Dhabi, on food, (not bev) as of 26 August 2018.
they forget to apply you the 30% on food and drinks (summer offer).
Had to call the manager for them to apply it. The leaflet is in the bill holder with infos. It's a stunning offer.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 6:27 am
formerly rxfleming

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite

Hmm. I get 30% discount on food and drinks. I live on Saadiyat.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 6:33 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA LTG/GFL, Honors Diamond, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Silver
Consistently inconsistent. They were also saying last night that premium WiFi is a choice of gift for Plat Elite. Choose 1 from wifi, breakfast or 1,000 points. I don’t think that’s correct, but I couldn’t be bothered arguing as I hadn’t opted for premium WiFi - I was asking that if I had opted for premium WiFi, would it be deducted from the bill.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 6:48 am
Original Poster

Consistently inconsistent. They were also saying last night that premium WiFi is a choice of gift for Plat Elite. Choose 1 from wifi, breakfast or 1,000 points. I don’t think that’s correct, but I couldn’t be bothered arguing as I hadn’t opted for premium WiFi - I was asking that if I had opted for premium WiFi, would it be deducted from the bill.
Really?
Anyway, I avoid this property for a simple reason : the new F&B manager is a shame for SPG and the new team at the bar is the worst in town, I have never seen such a poor service and the management does not care.
The F&B team is really a problem since 2/3 months at saadiyat imho.
Much better to switch to Corniche St Regis, they have the best team at the bar ever and really deliver. Saadiyat is proud of Budha Bar but they should have a close look at how the bar is managed, huge space for coming back to what it used to be.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 11:51 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
n celebration of Marriott Rewards®, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® and SPG® officially combined into one powerful loyalty programme, we are pleased to inform you that SPG Cravings is now merged with our Members Dine More programme.

Click on the link below to stay in the loop on exclusive member dining benefits.
As our member, you can continue to enjoy up to 20% food and beverage savings and earn points when you dine at our over 2,200 participating restaurants and bars across Asia Pacific – even when you are not staying.

https://marriottmembersdinemore.com/
Old Aug 31, 2018, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by cln
n celebration of Marriott Rewards®, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® and SPG® officially combined into one powerful loyalty programme, we are pleased to inform you that SPG Cravings is now merged with our Members Dine More programme.

Click on the link below to stay in the loop on exclusive member dining benefits.
As our member, you can continue to enjoy up to 20% food and beverage savings and earn points when you dine at our over 2,200 participating restaurants and bars across Asia Pacific – even when you are not staying.

https://marriottmembersdinemore.com/
That's the most subtle way to say the program is AP only. Let's hope they expand this and get the US turned back on (worldwide would be better).
Old Sep 1, 2018, 12:57 am

Does anyone know if I can still earn points by dining at a US SPG hotel without hotel stay?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.