Spg cravings is closed?

Old Sep 1, 18, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by myko85 View Post
Does anyone know if I can still earn points by dining at a US SPG hotel without hotel stay?

Thanks!
If you read the link above your post, no. Only in Asia Pacific.
Old Sep 1, 18, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E50, SPG P100, Marriott Plat, Fairmont Plat
Originally Posted by RogerD408 View Post
myko85 wasn't asking about dining discounts (posted in wrong thread I presume). He's asking if he can earn points at a Marriott restaurant without staying. I believe the answer is yes, but I don't have time to go searching for it.
myko85 likes this.
Old Sep 2, 18, 6:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, TK*G, UIA PremEY Silv, CX Silv, Hyatt Diam, , Skyteam Elite+,HH Diam, SPG Plat100, EK Silv
Originally Posted by RogerD408 View Post
one more cut... who can still say this merger is a success and only positive ... seriously...
Old Sep 2, 18, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by frenchft View Post
one more cut... who can still say this merger is a success and only positive ... seriously...
As margarita girl has pointed out, that link was for the discount program and did not address the points program. William has said the points program will continue. I'm hoping he will chime in once he digs out.
Old Sep 3, 18, 12:21 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum
I just finished a lunch in Asia - I got the 20% discount and I am told I will get points. Eating at a hotel in hometown, ie I am not staying at property
margarita girl likes this.
Old Jan 15, 19, 9:59 am

Programs: Marriott Plat Amb, oneworld Ruby
As noted, SPG Cravings has been replaced to some extent in Asia-Pacfic by "Marriott Members Dine More". This programme promises up to 20% discount for Plats plus 10 Marriott points per USD spent.

I booked a lunch at Saint Pierre at the W Kuala Lumpur tomorrow, which is listed as a participating restaurant on the MMDM website. I wrote to them to ask if the discount applied to the lunch menus. The response came back that "we are a completely independent restaurant" and as such, was not participating in MMDM and that they would check with Marriott as to why they were listed as a MMDM participant.

Someone here has clearly cocked up. It may be Marriott, I suspect it's more likely the restaurant. I've asked my Ambassador to please clarify the situation, as I'm clearly not going to get anymore out of the restaurant.
Old Jan 15, 19, 10:22 am

Programs: BAEC, EK Skywards, WY Sindbad, Marriott 'Bonvoy' :/, IHG, Hilton Honors, Golden Circle
Originally Posted by HollyGlen View Post
As noted, SPG Cravings has been replaced to some extent in Asia-Pacfic by "Marriott Members Dine More". This programme promises up to 20% discount for Plats plus 10 Marriott points per USD spent.

I booked a lunch at Saint Pierre at the W Kuala Lumpur tomorrow, which is listed as a participating restaurant on the MMDM website. I wrote to them to ask if the discount applied to the lunch menus. The response came back that "we are a completely independent restaurant" and as such, was not participating in MMDM and that they would check with Marriott as to why they were listed as a MMDM participant.

Someone here has clearly cocked up. It may be Marriott, I suspect it's more likely the restaurant. I've asked my Ambassador to please clarify the situation, as I'm clearly not going to get anymore out of the restaurant.
The W Kuala Lumpur is definitely participating in general, but Saint Pierre is excluded from the outlets in the hotel to which the discount applies at the MMDM website - https://marriottmembersdinemore.com/

Appears this has been updated in response to your query if it was explicitly listed before!

Search this Thread