Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

MASTER THREAD: Executive Lounges Worldwide

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Aug 24, 2018, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Post #1 explains purpose/parameters/format for exec lounge listings. Post # 2 explains Marriott breakfast offerings for Plat & higher across all brands. Post #3 has USA exec lounge listings. Post #4 has international/rest of world exec lounge listings.

Detailed info on legacy Starwood Club Lounges can be found in the wiki of this thread.
Print Wikipost

MASTER THREAD: Executive Lounges Worldwide

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2019, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Bangkok

Edit: The Athenee will continue to offer lounge access to Ambassador and Platinum members.

Last edited by margarita girl; Jan 11, 2019 at 11:58 pm Reason: incorrect info
Old Jan 12, 2019, 8:38 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
Stayed at Fremont Marriott late last year for two midweek nights. Regular lounge hours during the week, I was also given coupons for the full buffet in the restaurant which was actually quite decent. On my first night, the concierge lounge was also their only bar/restaurant as the restaurant was under renovation.

I also stayed at the Fishermans Wharf Marriott last week. No lounge, was given buffet coupons per night and two drink coupons (for the total stay, not per night 👎&#127995. Restaurant also under renovation, so a tiny conference room was used for breakfast with a minimal spread. Chrck-in agent wouldn‘t extend Platinum Premier privileges for two rooms, so had to check in the second room with a different Platinum membership... No upgrade whatsoever, it‘s a tourist trap...
Old Jan 12, 2019, 9:47 am

Programs: DL Platinum; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum
Stupid question here, but at Courtyards, am I supposed to remind them that they're supposed to apply the $10 F&B credit to my folio?
Past two stays I've purchased coffees there and never saw a credit on my account.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 5:26 pm

Programs: Starwood Preferred Guest
Hi, I saw from the sticky that the Sheraton Princess Kaiulani is listed as having a lounge. It does NOT have a lounge (I was there 12/2018). The Sheraton Waikiki is the one that has a lounge (was there 09/2018). Sheraton Waikiki's lounge is pretty terrific, and plats can also elect to take a coupon that gets you free breakfast buffet for 2 instead of getting points. (The Waikiki lounge has a great breakfast spread, but the breakfast buffet does have a lot more food and variety.)
Old Jan 12, 2019, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by YearinaWestin
Hi, I saw from the sticky that the Sheraton Princess Kaiulani is listed as having a lounge. It does NOT have a lounge (I was there 12/2018). The Sheraton Waikiki is the one that has a lounge (was there 09/2018). Sheraton Waikiki's lounge is pretty terrific, and plats can also elect to take a coupon that gets you free breakfast buffet for 2 instead of getting points. (The Waikiki lounge has a great breakfast spread, but the breakfast buffet does have a lot more food and variety.)
You are correct. Of the four legacy SPG properties in Waikiki, 3 of them have lounges that are all open on weekends:

Sheraton Waikiki
Westin Moana Surfrider
Royal Hawaiian

No lounge at the Sheraton Princess Kaiulani. I've never been to the Royal Hawaiian, but apparently they do have an underwhelming lounge that was opened in the last few years. At first, they were only admitting guests staying in the Tower rooms, but I think that may have changed. Or it may have changed back to no Plats since it is a Luxury Collection.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 8:00 pm

Programs: AA-LT Gold 1.2MM ,DL, Marriott LT TITANIUM; HH Gold, AMEX PLT
Stayed at Marriott Biscayne Bay in Miami. As a Lifetime Platinum Primier I was entitled to the continental breakfast in the restaurant. If I wanted the full breakfast there was a $5.00 additional charge. This is a change from the last time I stayed at this hotel when I was entitled to a full breakfast.
The lounge doesn’t serve breakfast. Only coffee and juice in the morning.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 12:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by grd787
Stupid question here, but at Courtyards, am I supposed to remind them that they're supposed to apply the $10 F&B credit to my folio?
Past two stays I've purchased coffees there and never saw a credit on my account.
They should automatically apply the $10 credit daily if you chose that instead of points. If they didn't, then yes definitely remind them.

Cheers.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Of the four legacy SPG properties in Waikiki, 3 of them have lounges that are all open on weekends:

Sheraton Waikiki
Westin Moana Surfrider
Royal Hawaiian

No lounge at the Sheraton Princess Kaiulani. I've never been to the Royal Hawaiian, but apparently they do have an underwhelming lounge that was opened in the last few years. At first, they were only admitting guests staying in the Tower rooms, but I think that may have changed. Or it may have changed back to no Plats since it is a Luxury Collection.
Sharon, more info on the Royal Hawaiian:

Originally Posted by shonanroger
As of February last year the lounge was available to all Plat guests. But it’s really nothing to write home about. Sparse food selection and crowded.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 7:28 pm

Programs: Amex-gold, Hainan-gold, Mrt-LT Titanium
JW Sanya

The new JW Marriott in Sanya china , previously a FS Marriott but now its the JW brand. Marriott has 15 properties in Sanya, about a dozen brands, & this one has an EL open seven days a week.Great service, but no breakfast in the 6th floor EL, they ask you to go to the 2nd floor JW Kitchen which has many Asian food stations, open 6:30-11 am, yes its complimentary. Tea is from 2:30-5 pm , & happy hour starts at 5:30 with a variety of snacks. EL manger is Miki Z. at ext 8209, & her English is excellent.

Last edited by Jiatong; Jan 15, 2019 at 7:48 pm Reason: pic
Old Jan 15, 2019, 8:16 pm

Pennsylvania
* Pittsburgh / Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport / OPEN; 01/19 update
Old Jan 16, 2019, 10:05 am

Programs: DL GM,Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium, NEXUS
Originally Posted by tbrein
Stayed at Marriott Biscayne Bay in Miami. As a Lifetime Platinum Primier I was entitled to the continental breakfast in the restaurant. If I wanted the full breakfast there was a $5.00 additional charge. This is a change from the last time I stayed at this hotel when I was entitled to a full breakfast.
I always find it interesting when they markup the Continental --> Hot Buffet upcharge over what the standard customer would pay. That hotel charges $4 extra ($19-->$23) to non-elites to get a hot buffet, but the elites pay a little more. Saw the same deal at the last Westin I stayed at, $1 extra upcharge there too, and no option to just choose a cheaper menu meal without paying full price.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 11:01 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Florida: Orlando World Center Marriott

Full service resort, no lounge. Platinum breakfast offering is "complimentary continental breakfast for 2" which includes: coffee, juice, milk, infused water, yogurt, toast, bagels, croissants, pastries, cereal, assorted fresh fruit, hard boiled eggs, composed salads, charcuterie meats, cheeses, heirloom tomatoes, smoked salmon, grits. $21.00 value per person.

For an additional $7.00 per person, possible to upgrade to full breakfast buffet, includes continental offerings plus: omelet station (including eggs cooked to order), made-to-order pancakes, made-to-order french toast, waffles, sausage, bacon, steak, breakfast potatoes, scrambled eggs (which were very runny), veggie quiche, biscuits & gravy.

My morning diet soft drink was not charged separately (I don't do coffee). Gratuity and tax are included on the complimentary continental breakfast. Two checks are presented (and need to be signed for) if the full buffet upgrade is chosen --- a zero total cost continental and the $7.00 plus gratuity plus tax upgrade cost ($8.80 total).

Buffet location is the Latitude & Longitude restaurant just off the main lobby. If the breakfast is chosen at check-in, the platinum guest's name is on a list at the restaurant and a laminated card is carried to the table to alert the server that the guest is platinum. Servers know how to handle the situation. No opportunity to modify the breakfast offer (I asked if it was possible to obtain a $21 per day restaurant credit to order off the breakfast menu instead and "no dice").

Last edited by dgreen12; Jan 16, 2019 at 1:26 pm
Old Jan 16, 2019, 11:52 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by tbrein
Actually, you were entitled to breakfast in the restaurant, not a "continental" breakfast.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 7:34 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
JW Marriott Austin, TX / OPEN; 01/17 update

The lounge is still open on weekends. At check-in given card with lounge hours and notice the lounge is for elite member + 1 additional guest only. But in accessing lounge this morning, no one there to verify/check that +1.

Breakfast hours M- F 6:30 to 9:00, S-S: 7:30 to 11

Evening hours: 17:30 to 19:30 (appetizers, charge for alcoholic beverages)

Lounge open 9:30 to 22:00 with access to non-alcoholic beverages and snacks.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 6:30 pm

Sheraton Fisherman’s Wharf San Francisco

1/20/19 platinum premier

i was told there was no lounge but was provided breakfast coupons. Website says they’re doing construction

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.