Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

MASTER THREAD: Executive Lounges Worldwide

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Aug 24, 2018, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Post #1 explains purpose/parameters/format for exec lounge listings. Post # 2 explains Marriott breakfast offerings for Plat & higher across all brands. Post #3 has USA exec lounge listings. Post #4 has international/rest of world exec lounge listings.

Detailed info on legacy Starwood Club Lounges can be found in the wiki of this thread.
Print Wikipost

MASTER THREAD: Executive Lounges Worldwide

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2018, 9:14 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
For China: note that for

* Beijing / Great Wall Sheraton / OPEN; note Plats cannot bring guests; extra person charge $40
The property has left the chain and rebadged as "The Great Wall Hotel Beijing". So it can be deleted.

But you can add in the Sheraton Grand Beijing Dongcheng, which has a lounge and it is open on weekends.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 4:38 pm

Adelaide Hotel Toronto (soon to be relabeled as a St Regis)
Continental breakfast for 2 in the hotel restaurant as welcome gift.
$28 benefit if applied to other items (but watch out....it is $22 plus gratuity)
Old Oct 24, 2018, 8:16 am

Programs: Marriott LTT, Amtrak Select, Hertz 5*, AA Gold, IHG Plat, National Exec
* Addison / Renaissance Dallas Galleria / M Lounge; not sure if open for brekkie only or brekkie/apps; 03/18 update

I’m here now. This property no longer has a lounge. It has been converted into an Airline Crew Hospitality lounge.

Was given offer of continental brekkie or 750 points. I took brekkie...provided with full buffet for two in restaurant, no upcharge.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 1:03 pm

Qatar / Marriott Doha / OPEN; Platinum's have breakfast in main restaurant. (12th October).

Thank you for your hard work SkiAdcock.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 6:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Lizie
Qatar / Marriott Doha / OPEN; Platinum's have breakfast in main restaurant. (12th October).

Thank you for your hard work SkiAdcock.
You're welcome. And a big thank you to you & other FTers who contribute; I truly appreciate all of you! While I'm doing the bulk of the work it makes it easier for me when others update after their stays. And there's obviously interest in the topic given in just 2 months there have been 11,700 views of this sticky.

Cheers.
jtwiz likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 11:35 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, MR Titanium, MR LTP, AA PlatPro, DL PM, UA Silver
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
USA PROPERTIES EXEC LOUNGE STATUS
* Detroit / Detroit Marriott at the Renaissance Center / CLOSED Weekends, New Years Eve/Day, Easter, Memorial Day, Labor Day, 4th of July, Christmas Eve/Day; breakfast only in lounge on weekends; 03/18 update
1) Detroit / Detroit Marriott at the Renaissance Center
2) Lounge closed, full breakfast in restaurant (free full with no upcharge, included omelette chef/station)
3) Lounge was not room key accessible on the weekend
4) Data as of 10/2018

Thanks, Sharon, for keeping this thread up to date! I use this thread all the time!
Old Oct 30, 2018, 11:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LedgeT

Thanks, Sharon, for keeping this thread up to date! I use this thread all the time!
Glad you're finding it useful!

I still have to update Canada & China for both MAR/SPG properties (China has 233 properties alone that meet criteria for this sticky ) for int'l/ROW, & then all int'l/ROW countries/properties will be completed/updated from info I can glean from the property websites. After that I'll be dependent upon FTers reports in the sticky & property threads.

Also have to update Florida & Texas for the US portion of the sticky. With US I usually call each property individually & will do so, but short-term I decided to add all the SPG properties to the city/states, so FTers would know now of SPG options in addition to MAR options. I'm going off website info short-term for the SPG additions. Some of the MAR info is outdated, but I expect it to be similar - ie, if a lounge is open all weekend, open for brekkie only, if closed, brekkie in restaurant, so FTers can use the MAR side as a guide until I'm able to call all the properties.

I think I'll have Canada, China, Florida & Texas done in the next 7-10 days from the website info. Calling all the US properties (there were a lot of MAR properties & now w/ SPG added, even more) will take me a few months to get through them all. To talk to just 6 properties takes about 30 minutes on the phone, so multiply that by the # of properties & you can see why it will take a while! I do this in my limited free time.

And of course it helps me when FTers do provide updates, whether it be US or ROW, as that means one less call to make or website to check.

I DO appreciate all who provide updates. The info is a good resource for our fellow FTers.

Cheers.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Westin Bayshore Vancouver:

'upgrade' to the hot section of the breakfast buffet is $7 CAD in the H2 restaurant. Not the end of the world, but the Marriott certificate that they give you says "breakfast" nothing about only cold items, or limits, etc. Shame on Marriott for more deception.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 4:51 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, Bonvoy Plat
Taiwan: Taitung / Sheraton - Update

Taitung / Sheraton / OPEN but since lounge only opens after breakfast hours, need to use Plat Amenity for full breakfast in the restaurant
Old Nov 9, 2018, 2:29 pm

Panama / Le Meridien / UNDER 'RENOVATION' - doesn't really appear to be any construction going on in the space previously occupied by the lounge. Breakfast was offered as full buffet in the restaurant (not exactly clear if that was provided as a Premier Platinum benefit or because the lounge was closed ... presumably the former as it appears Le Meridien has no guarantee of a lounge? I was not asked about welcome gift, but also had a plate of cut fruit in the room, so am a little confused). They also had a "reception" in the lobby bar from 6pm-8pm, but unfortunately I didn't make it there.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

Ok, SPG properties have been added to the sticky for all 50 states. With US I usually call each property individually & will do so, but short-term I decided to add all the SPG properties to the city/states, so FTers would know now of SPG options in addition to MAR options. I'm going off website info short-term for the SPG additions. Some of the MAR info is outdated, but I expect it to be similar - ie, if a lounge is open all weekend, open for brekkie only, if closed, brekkie in restaurant, so FTers can use the MAR side as a guide until I'm able to call all the properties.

SPG properties have been added to all countries outside of the US, except China. I'll start updating China, but there are 233 properties that fit the sticky criteria so it will take another week to get them all done.

Cheers.
markko and Lizie like this.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 9:08 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AAdvantage, United MP, Marriott Rewards
Westin Pushkar :
No Lounge
Complimentary Happy Hour at the bar ( 6pm to 7pm) : all drinks are free (including cocktails and the likes)

ITC Mughal Agra
No Lounge
Complimentary Luxury Hour at the bar (6pm - 8pm) : all drinks are free (including cocktails and the likes) and some light cold and hot snacks are offered

Le Méridien Kochi
This property has a lounge (we were there on weekdays, forgot to ask if the lounge is open over the weekend)
Open 6PM - 8PM for drinks and snacks

Last edited by kcaluwae; Nov 12, 2018 at 9:17 am Reason: Added Cochin
Old Nov 15, 2018, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Phew, sitting down, need a drink All countries outside of the US have been updated for both MAR/SPG properties. Quite a task! I think there were over 200+ properties in China alone

For the US, all SPG properties have been added to the MAR properties & info current on SPG from what I could glean off the websites when adding them. MAR properties are listed as they were already in the sticky, but some of those are out of date as it's been a while since I called all the properties individually which I do w/ US properties. But expect most of the MAR info to be somewhat the same. Will start calling US properties to get recent updates, especially post 8/18/18, but it's going to take a while as it takes 30 minutes per 6 properties to get updates & there are a lot of properties in the US.

I'm a bit burned out at the moment, so going to take a break of a week or so before starting to call the properties. Given how many there are it will probably take 2-3 months to get US totally updated, as I do this in my limited free time.

And of course appreciate any posts by my fellow FTers, whether it be US or ROW, to help keep the sticky updated.

Cheers.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 9:38 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Just got back from a stay at the Renaissance Seattle. When the lounge is closed, you get to eat in the restaurant, but it's not limited to the buffet as stated in Post #1. You can order whatever you want from the menu.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 9:52 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Camelback Inn, Paradise Valley, AZ. Benefit is now continental buffet, with $6 upcharge to full buffet. Note also there is no standard reduction in the resort fee for Plats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.