Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

MASTER THREAD: Executive Lounges Worldwide

Wikipost is Locked  
Old Aug 24, 2018, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Post #1 explains purpose/parameters/format for exec lounge listings. Post # 2 explains Marriott breakfast offerings for Plat & higher across all brands. Post #3 has USA exec lounge listings. Post #4 has international/rest of world exec lounge listings.

Detailed info on legacy Starwood Club Lounges can be found in the wiki of this thread.
Print Wikipost

MASTER THREAD: Executive Lounges Worldwide

Old Aug 28, 2018, 9:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Happy
Sheraton Noosa Head, Australia reflagged to Sofitel since 2016.
Thanks. I updated Australia today but missed that it was on the list from when I input the SPG wiki a week ago. Will delete it.

Cheers.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 9:11 pm
Original Poster

BTW - the 'method' to my 'madness'.

I'm doing int'l first because those I can check online via the websites. I deliberately (short-term) avoided Canada, UK, China, & a few others because there are so many properties it will probably take me similar amount of time as today just to do the updates on those countries (it took me 5 hours today on my day off to update the list of int'l properties above & my eyes are literally burning from looking at the computer screen). Will update the rest of ROW countries & then go back to the 'Goliaths'.

After that I'll 'gird my loins' (old US saying) & head to US. First pass, which will take a long time, will just be adding SPG properties. Then, taking a LOT more time, will be calling every US full-service property on the phone to get an update. Truthfully that's going to take 1-3 months.

I would also appreciate any updates by FTers, from those to date & those in the future, as it makes my job easier to create a resource like the sticky that will benefit us all. You all are so, so appreciated! I can't thank you enough & know that other FTers feel the same.

Cheers.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 5:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite/Lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum Medallion, Hertz #1 Gold
Chicago Marriott O’Hare - got 2 buffet coupons per day for the weekend. Full buffet included, no more up charge. Lounge closed on weekend. (As of today 9/1). Platinum Premier.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 8:47 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Old
* Dusseldorf / Renaissance / No Lounge; Full breakfast in restaurant for 2; you're allowed to select one drink and one snack from shop near reception; you receive a discount of 20% off of food and bar tab; 01/18 update

New
* Dusseldorf / Renaissance / No Lounge; Full breakfast in restaurant for 2; 09/18 update

The hotel does neither offer a selection of drink nor will you get 20 off the food and bar tab after the merger. If you do not need the breakfast, it will be 750 points per day. You can choose on a day by day base if you want breakfast, but have to chose at check in.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 12:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any information for the W at Brisbane? Westin is not bookable, said opening in Nov 2018 but rates are not loaded.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 3:06 pm

old:
* Warsaw / Renaissance Airport / OPEN (per website); 05/18 update
new:
* Warsaw / Renaissance Airport / OPEN; 09/18 update
Old Sep 7, 2018, 6:29 pm

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
BTW - the 'method' to my 'madness'.

I'm doing int'l first because those I can check online via the websites. I deliberately (short-term) avoided Canada, UK, China, & a few others because there are so many properties it will probably take me similar amount of time as today just to do the updates on those countries (it took me 5 hours today on my day off to update the list of int'l properties above & my eyes are literally burning from looking at the computer screen). Will update the rest of ROW countries & then go back to the 'Goliaths'.

After that I'll 'gird my loins' (old US saying) & head to US. First pass, which will take a long time, will just be adding SPG properties. Then, taking a LOT more time, will be calling every US full-service property on the phone to get an update. Truthfully that's going to take 1-3 months.

I would also appreciate any updates by FTers, from those to date & those in the future, as it makes my job easier to create a resource like the sticky that will benefit us all. You all are so, so appreciated! I can't thank you enough & know that other FTers feel the same.

Cheers.
Why would you not just pull data from the similar SPG thread?
Old Sep 8, 2018, 12:16 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, Amtrak Select, Hertz 5*, AA Gold, IHG Plat, National Exec
Sheraton O’hare - had always been open on weekends. 9/18 stay, my first trip post-merger, it continues to be open and I hope Marriott doesn’t yank this. Saturday mornings tend to be very quiet.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by etsmyers
Why would you not just pull data from the similar SPG thread?
I did pull info from the SPG wiki the week before 8/18 & incorporated the info into the USA & Rest of World posts. Whatever lounge info was listed in the wiki wrt full-service properties (or limited properties if they had a lounge) is included in the list above. However, the SPG wiki was missing a LOT of properties or had outdated info or info w/ no date. So now that the properties are under one umbrella/website, I'm updating both the MAR & SPG properties & adding SPG properties that weren't listed in the SPG wiki. As mentioned, for the int'l ones I'm checking the properties websites & combing through property threads in the forum for info. For USA I'll check properties websites, comb through property threads, & also call the properties. It's going to take me a while to get it all done, but we'll have a robust, updated list for all properties that will be a valuable resource for FTers.

Cheers.
michelin, Travelosopher and markko like this.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Sep 9, 2018 at 8:24 pm
Old Sep 9, 2018, 3:02 pm
Original Poster

Any information for the W at Brisbane? Westin is not bookable, said opening in Nov 2018 but rates are not loaded.
The W Brisbane does not have an exec lounge, so you could choose breakfast as your Platinum Arrival Gift option, which presumably would be in the hotel's restaurant.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 3:03 pm
Original Poster

Updated:

* Poland
* Portugal
* Puerto Rico
* Qatar
* Russia
* Saudi Arabia

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Sep 9, 2018 at 3:26 pm
Old Sep 9, 2018, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
The W Brisbane does not have an exec lounge, so you could choose breakfast as your Platinum Arrival Gift option, which presumably would be in the hotel's restaurant.
Thanks Sharon for the information.

Try to decide whether to use Marriott Brisbane or W. Marriott Brisbane has a lounge and even costs 10K less pts but the reviews are uniformly poor versus W seems enjoy better reviews (but not many reviews found yet) as well as a much newer property at a better location.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 6:38 pm
Original Poster

Thanks Sharon for the information.

Try to decide whether to use Marriott Brisbane or W. Marriott Brisbane has a lounge and even costs 10K less pts but the reviews are uniformly poor versus W seems enjoy better reviews (but not many reviews found yet) as well as a much newer property at a better location.
My recommendation would be to start a thread in the main forum asking for input re: the 2 properties. That will get more attention by those who have stayed at either or both, as this thread is more about lounge updates. Good luck - tough choice to have to make

Cheers.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 8:38 pm

Location: Rarely in one place long. Vancouver, WA when that happens.
Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K, AA LifePlat, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Dmd, gave up on Hilton
1) Romulus / USA? Sheraton Detroit Metro Airport CLOSED (not open as wiki suggests)
2) Lounge is Closed on weekends, for sure, still, according to all staff and the locked door on 9/8 (and contrary to current note)
*Lounge closed, full breakfast (2) in restaurant (free "small plate" & soft drink at Connections Bar in lobby area
3) room key does NOT work
4) 9/8
Old Sep 9, 2018, 8:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kiowavt
1) Romulus / USA? Sheraton Detroit Metro Airport CLOSED (not open as wiki suggests)
2) Lounge is Closed on weekends, for sure, still, according to all staff and the locked door on 9/8 (and contrary to current note)
*Lounge closed, full breakfast (2) in restaurant (free "small plate" & soft drink at Connections Bar in lobby area
3) room key does NOT work
4) 9/8
The report on the property was last month, so information was valid at the time. I'll update w/ your current, more recent info. That's why this thread is so important & why I depend on FTers like you to provide updates. Thank you very much.

Cheers.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.