Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to use SNAs since the merger

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2018, 6:57 pm

Programs: DL 2MM/DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Titanium
Booked Turnburry months ago and applied 3 SNA to booking back when it was SPG for an upcoming stay in less than 3 weeks. SPG app tonight is displaying "We're sorry. Your Suit Night Award(s) can't be used toward this reservation. Wonder if the 3 SNA I applied during booking will be redeposited into my account as I can book through AmExFHR with the space available upgrade that includes a free round of golf on King Robert the Bruce and there is an extra $275 resort credit for stays of 3 nights at the same rate now. How long will it take Marriot to work out all the IT bugs?
Old Aug 25, 2018, 4:35 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by mgeldere
Same problem here. SNA request applied to booking at SPG property in Singapore starting today - nothing happened with it, no news or updates in the 5 days leading up to today and now it seems to have vanished. Not credited back, no upgrade confirmed. Really poor, this is something they should sort out asap - issues starting to impact bookings and stays now.
It will be credited back. I had same issue and it showed up back in my account. Sadly the system won't let us reapply at the moment, so don't go nuts if it doesn't appear straight away - you can't use them at the moment anyway, lol.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 4:47 am

I applied SNAs to a stay at the W Bali (after the merger) to a oceanview suite (only roomtype on the SNA pool) and got an email acknowledgment. Four days before checkin got a “we’re working on it” email and two days later they sent a “we’re sorry, the SNAs didn’t clear” email. It took 5 or 6 hours for the SNAs to be returned to my account.

The day before my stay the reservation disappeared from the list of my upcoming stays, both on the website and on the app. However, I could retrieve it through the “find a stay” search tool (with last name and reservation number) and found out I had been upgraded to a private pool villa, which was confirmed at checkin.

Old Aug 25, 2018, 6:12 am

Programs: Delta 2MM/Diamond Elite, United 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite/LT Platinum
Was able to successfully apply an SNA to a newly-made (post-merger) reservation at an Autograph Collection property, after two or three days of prior unsuccessful attempts. Seems like this may have been fixed overnight?
Old Aug 25, 2018, 6:46 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum / Titanium, AA Executive Platinum
I applied SNA to St Regis Bal Harbour

I made the reservation at St Regis Bal Harbour Sunday morning after merger for the nice 60k points but initially couldn’t apply SNA. A few days later I was able to apply SNA online and now it is there. The SNA applied and then about 2 days later the SNA’s deducted from my account.

Some of my reservations say that SNA cannot be applied, but it is not certain if a glitch is on those or if the are not participating, since the message is a generic one.

I will most certainly have SNA’s expire on me this year since I don’t have enough personal stays left in the year that are apparently open to using them.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by quinella66
I made the reservation at St Regis Bal Harbour Sunday morning after merger for the nice 60k points but initially couldn’t apply SNA. A few days later I was able to apply SNA online and now it is there. The SNA applied and then about 2 days later the SNA’s deducted from my account.

Some of my reservations say that SNA cannot be applied, but it is not certain if a glitch is on those or if the are not participating, since the message is a generic one.

I will most certainly have SNA’s expire on me this year since I don’t have enough personal stays left in the year that are apparently open to using them.
You were likely able to apply as you were applying it to a reservation w/your "new" MR/SPG number...doesn't work on legacy SPG ones.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 12:22 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Today was able to (hopefully) apply SNAs to a legacy Marriott property (and a pre-merger award reservation). The SNAs were deducted from my account immediately. Thus far no e-mail, but I'm not going to hold out hope on that front given all that's going on. Will check w/ ambassador this coming week to see if it's actually visible.

Edit: After previous attempts that just took me back to the upgrade request page, I today was given the following message:

All set! We received your Suite Night Awards upgrade request. We’ll start looking for your perfect room five days before your stay and will send you an email with an update.

osotoc likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 1:56 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by LostInTranslation
Was able to successfully apply an SNA to a newly-made (post-merger) reservation at an Autograph Collection property, after two or three days of prior unsuccessful attempts. Seems like this may have been fixed overnight?
Still not working for me. In fact there is a banner at the top of the SPG site that states "Welcome. You are signed in with your SPG account." But then when I go to apply the SNA - it asks me to log on again, and I cannot. Annoying.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 4:30 pm

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Has anyone tried to cancel SNA applied reservations made prior to 8/18?

We're the SNAs automatically credited back to the new account? Or are they now stuck in limbo somewhere as they were applied on reservations using the old SPG account numbers?
Old Aug 25, 2018, 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by supatight80
Has anyone tried to cancel SNA applied reservations made prior to 8/18?

We're the SNAs automatically credited back to the new account? Or are they now stuck in limbo somewhere as they were applied on reservations using the old SPG account numbers?
I didn't cancel - but due to systems integration issues was denied and they were credited back within 24 hrs.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 6:39 am

Programs: DL DM; Marriott Ambasador Elite
Just got an email that my SNAs have cleared for a seven-night stay at the Westin Chosun Seoul (9/3-9/10).

My account is still a mess, so this was a very welcome surprise.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 7:32 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
Today was able to (hopefully) apply SNAs to a legacy Marriott property (and a pre-merger award reservation). The SNAs were deducted from my account immediately. Thus far no e-mail, but I'm not going to hold out hope on that front given all that's going on. Will check w/ ambassador this coming week to see if it's actually visible.

Edit: After previous attempts that just took me back to the upgrade request page, I today was given the following message:

All set! We received your Suite Night Awards upgrade request. We’ll start looking for your perfect room five days before your stay and will send you an email with an update.

Were you able to do this online? I have a Marriott booked before the merger. When I go into my account, I see the reservation and I can go into 'edit' mode of it. But I don't see anywhere I can apply an SNA. I CAN do this on legacy starwood properties booked pre and post merger.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 8:48 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Was just able to apply my wife's new SNA's (showed up in her account this morning) to two existing 5 night reservations from the View/Modify pages for the reservations. All looks to have worked smoothly. This was from an unmerged Marriott account at legacy Marriott properties.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 11:28 am

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by PHL
Were you able to do this online?
Indeed, it was done from the online edit function of the reservation. For awhile after the option appeared, I would select my preferred room upgrade and click to confirm, only to be taken right back to the beginning of the process. Finally over this past weekend, it actually confirmed the request. A couple of days later I was notified it was approved. This was for a pre-merger legacy Marriott reservation.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 1:55 am

The functionality for pre-merger Starwood stays is still not working. Asks you to log-on again but of course, you cannot. Two weeks passed and SNAs are going to waste. I hope Marriott extends the SNA expiry by the amount of time we're not allowed to use them.. so far this would push SNA expiry date to Jan 15, 2019. And counting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.