Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Warning - do not cancel SPG points bookings yet

Warning - do not cancel SPG points bookings yet

Old Oct 17, 2018, 5:57 am

I would like to modify an existing SPG reservation to add an additional night. The current number of points for a stay that length is exactly the same as the number of points needed to book the shorter reservation originally.

I am unsure if I should attempt to modify my reservation online as I don’t know if that process just adds the night or necessities a cancellation of existing reservation and subsequent rebooking.

Does anyone know offhand? I just thought I would ask before trying online modification or calling in.

Thanks
Old Oct 24, 2018, 5:32 am

Update: I called in and the reservation agent did have to cancel my existing reservation and rebook to add the additional night. My points did come back immediately and the rebooking was successful.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 10:24 am

Programs: SPG LIfetime Plat, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Wannabe, Hilton Silver, UA Gold
It took a month and a couple inquiries, but the 25K points were returned to my account from my September cancellation.

In the meantime, I've cancelled other rewards and the points were immediately returned.

I guess I'd just chalk this up to "merger pains" (thinking specifically about new account number and such) and possibly timing of the cancellation.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 3:24 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Data point: I had my Ambassador cancel my StR Princeville award reservation for a junior suite for 5 nights...and within a few minutes after receiving that confirmation email, the 720K points were back in my account.

It feels like Marriott IT may finally be getting on top of the issues!
damon88 and barracuda93 like this.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 8:36 am

Programs: DL Plat; SPG Plat
I cancelled a reservation a few days ago and am having this same issue...points have not re-posted, and I really need them to make a new reservation. Been on hold with SPG for about a half hour already. They claim they did re-deposit them, but they definitely did not. Apparently this is still an issue

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.