Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Huh? Hotel Not Accepting Points Right now??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Huh? Hotel Not Accepting Points Right now??

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2018, 5:25 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by dblue
I'm seeing this same problem with a few SPG properties in Paris for next year... They show up as having award availability in the search and then the booking screen says that they aren't accepting points reservations? Is calling in the best route to fix this?
Good luck with that. Similar experience with the Maria Christina and not even my Ambassador could do anything to help. And mind you, they will sell you anything from a garden queen to a rooftop terrace for hard cash. My understanding is that they didn't try to make any excuses, but rather leaned on the "standard room" unavailability thing because their probably two twin closet rooms are booked out. It's just insult to injury that you are teased into believing a room is available only to be denied, and that likely is just yet another IT fail with a very low priority for resolution.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 8:26 am

For those who read the blogs - good read on TPG regarding this topic .
Old Dec 20, 2018, 6:32 am

I really don't think it is a blackout situation, but maybe it is.

Anyway, I was finally able to book the Prince de Galles in May after it hadn't shown up on points for the last few days. Might be worth checking again (and then again over the next few days).
Old Dec 20, 2018, 10:46 am

Anyway, I was finally able to book the Prince de Galles in May after it hadn't shown up on points for the last few days. Might be worth checking again (and then again over the next few days).
Given that my ambassador contacted the Maria Cristina and they told him to go away with his silly request, it seems unlikely the situation will improve/my frustration will be rewarded.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 10:52 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold

It isn’t a blackout. It’s simply an IT artifact of hotels having been moved recently from the Starwood reservations platform to the Marriott reservations platform—thereby requiring all hotels to manually reenter award inventories (as well as SNA categories, apparently) for the next year. Since it’s the first time those hotels have had to submit such inventories in the new Marriott format. It’s taking some time. That’s all.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30551534-post721.html
dblue likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by bhrubin

It isn’t a blackout. It’s simply an IT artifact of hotels having been moved recently from the Starwood reservations platform to the Marriott reservations platform—thereby requiring all hotels to manually reenter award inventories (as well as SNA categories, apparently) for the next year. Since it’s the first time those hotels have had to submit such inventories in the new Marriott format. It’s taking some time. That’s all.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30551534-post721.html
Does it seem likely that if a hotel can be booked as an award during off-peak times during 2019 but not when the weather's nice at a given locale, they've already completed that process? Or at least completed it as much as they intend to while Cat 7 60k-point nights are still a thing?

I hope that you're correct that there're no stealth blackouts being waged, but thus far it looks as though some properties are indeed gaming the system and likely intend to continue doing so until their rooms are no longer being made available at fewer points than they're satisfied with. Bear in mind that a rep at the Maria Cristina told my ambassador directly that they were invoking the standard room availability clause to prevent my booking in spite of the fact that during my desired dates they were selling 14 different room categories, beginning with a garden queen - and that they would make no exception simply because it was an ambassador making the inquiry. Apparently somewhere in their inventory they must have a garden twin or two, and once those are booked the hotel is essentially blacked out - at least during the summer months when rates range from $500/night for a garden queen and quickly rise to well over $1k/night as the room quality increases.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 1:55 pm

So has there been any updates/progress/success/etc from anyone recently? I'm still having this issue for the hotel/dates I need. If it was an IT thing, it should most likely have been addressed by now (hopefully).
Old Jan 31, 2019, 3:56 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by smurov
So has there been any updates/progress/success/etc from anyone recently? I'm still having this issue for the hotel/dates I need. If it was an IT thing, it should most likely have been addressed by now (hopefully).
Just call.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by RedElmo
Just call.
You can call or even have your Ambassador try to pull some strings. Got me nowhere with the Maria Cristina.

Lurkers indicate some kind of change/improvement in the offing starting this coming week, but they were understandably light on specifics.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 4:11 pm

Seems like the website is acting like a surly and snarky customer service person.
"Sorry no rooms for any amount of points. NEXT!!"
Twickenham likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 4:39 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
You can call or even have your Ambassador try to pull some strings. Got me nowhere with the Maria Cristina.

Lurkers indicate some kind of change/improvement in the offing starting this coming week, but they were understandably light on specifics.
I called and I was able to get a hotel in Tokyo.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 8:40 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
Originally Posted by RedElmo

I called and I was able to get a hotel in Tokyo.
Opposite result here for a hotel in Saigon. I actually already have the reservation...just trying to shorten it.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 4:01 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP 75K, Delta Plat, Bonvoy Ambasador, Hilton diamond.
Any update on this issue? Trying to book a stay and getting the dreaded... "We’re sorry. This property is not taking redemption bookings at this time. You can either book a cash reservation or search for another property."
Old Feb 8, 2019, 1:13 am

Programs: Miles&Smiles Gold
Le meridien Saigon is one of the Hotels with that problem
Old Feb 8, 2019, 7:32 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
Originally Posted by northernstar84
Le meridien Saigon is one of the Hotels with that problem
I've been trying to book there for the past few weeks. Call to customer service last week couldn't resolve it, but it looks like something has changed as I was able to book online last night.

Added bonus...looks like they have added an extra person fee for kids on new bookings. Didn't exist when I initially booked pre-Aug 18 and I just shortened my existing reservation so the fee didn't appear to get added to my reservation. Seems to be a trend...saw this on many Thailand hotels (and even NYC hotels) during recent searches.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.