Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

All together now -- Continuing technical issues from the legacy SPG forum

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

All together now -- Continuing technical issues from the legacy SPG forum

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2018, 6:31 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC
List of issues:
-AMEX points haven't posted
-Missing several stays and nights from legacy SPG (free nights and AMEX nights? - I don't want to spend my limited free time auditing my account)
-Lifetime nights and years wrong
-No spend showing up this year
-Stay from this week yet to post
-Errors trying to book on the app
-Received an email 5 days after trying to use SNAs so not sure if they're properly attached
-Not even bothering to try to contact by Ambassador about any of this yet plus the missing MAGC from a stay in early August despite contacting the hotel (will they even post at the legacy rate I'm owed)

There had to be a better way to avoid making this such a cluster by doing in batches or doing one piece at a time. Also what silliness to do the switchover mid year yet allow some legacy qualifications (SPG 100 nights, but how are they tracking this). Glad I'll also re-qual for Hyatt Globalist and can just stop at 75 nights at Sparriott.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 8:57 am

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
I want to scream, but there is no one to scream at! Now, my 10 nights that had disappeared in the transition (stays post 7/15 and prior to 8/15) appear in my activity, BUT still haven't been added to my annual nights total. My points are off by about 10K MR points as those stays were credited without any points for my Platinum bonus on the stay, or welcome bonus, or MAGC. Still missing my stay/night/points from a stay checking in on 8/17 and out on 8/18.

If it weren't Hyatt doesn't have a good footprint where I travel, I'd be out of here. 8 days and counting since the program merge and not only are there still errors, the errors I'm finding are changing. I'm tired of auditing my own account to make sure it's correct.

And, I'm extra frustrated that Marriott seems to have no customer service response to all of these screw-ups.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
LNF claimed filed over 48 hours without reply!
Old Aug 26, 2018, 11:23 am

Programs: UA 1k, SPG/Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
No stays posted since 8/15. I cancelled a Marriott points award today and no points came back to my account. On a stay at the Sheraton in Austin earlier this week I got an SPG silver packet and no mention of platinum benefits. Online check in gave me the option of 1,000 points which I hope post.

I’ve been SPG Platinum for more than ten years.

Does anyone know how you can determine what kind of room you’ve been assigned on the day of check in? On the spg app you could see if you’d been upgraded but on Marriott app only the bed type is visible. Is that normal?

I’ve been staying at Marriott hotels since the merger and you definitely notice the strong emphasis on delivering on what’s promised (and often no pleasant surprises beyond that). I didn’t mind the sometimes greater inconsistency with SPG as there were also lots of positive surprises.

It’s quite a culture shock to see Marriott’s lack of owning the mess with the account transition as it enters its second week. In the old SPG days William or another lurker would be on flyertalk doing their best to update us and be transparent. How an organization handles things when they go wrong is when you learn about their culture and an opportunity to earn or lose trust. So far Marriott isn’t treating this with respect but is maintaining a corporate distance that doesn’t build trust with me.

Old Aug 26, 2018, 11:58 am

Programs: EX˛-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
I was stupid... Because I couldn't merge it from the spg side I did it from the marriott side with the linked account. This was as it seems a hugh failure... I will wait a little bit longer and than I have the hope someone can help me to merge the accounts correctly. For the moment everything is at least chaotic... Hope dies last...
Old Aug 26, 2018, 11:59 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by Duke777
List of issues:
-AMEX points haven't posted
My Amex points posted on Aug 25. Check yours again.

Still missing all stays since ~July 15 forward though
And one reservation not showing online (although I contacted the hotel to reconfirm and they still have it).
Old Aug 26, 2018, 12:10 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Amb LTT, HHonors Diamond, AA ExPlat, United Silver
Question Your24 benefit use?

Post August 18 Your24 benefit does not seem to be available. Have a strong need to use this on an upcoming stay. Anyone have insight on how to get to this. The ambassadors systems seem to be non-operative for the past week so that does not seem to be an option.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 12:45 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

I'm still missing (previously credited) 7/19-8/18 stays and points, haven't gotten back points for reservations cancelled after 8/18, can't apply SNA, keep getting error messages when trying to log in, haven't received any confirmation emails for reservations and cancellations, and my upcoming reservations list is missing some reservations. I had to book a stay for early September today, and given how much of a cluster.... Starriott IT is right now, chose to stay at an IC instead of a Luxury Collection property. When will this mess be fixed?
Old Aug 26, 2018, 12:57 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
So is this now the consolidated post-merger complaint thread? Please excuse me while I rant

Three account issues for me:

1. My first name was entered with a hyphen in it on the SPG side, but not on the Marriott side. This prevents combining accounts. It says for name changes call this number. I called it a week ago, and upon hearing I wanted to delete the hyphen on the SPG side they transferred me to an SPG agent who claimed to take care of it. Fast forward to today, the hyphen is still there. Called in again, half hour hold time, got an agent who said sure I can fix it for you (no transfer). Said it might take 24-48 hours to reflect in my account. I'm not optimistic.

2. I stupidly did not do any screenshotting beforehand, but after the 9-digit conversion, several of my SPG stays were missing and the night count seemed off. I reconstructed my night/stay info from emails/calendar etc. and found several missing stays, but figured I'd wait and see. Today there is only one missing stay. Since I had someone on the phone, I asked about this too. This now did require a transfer to "an SPG partner" for which we had to wait on hold another half hour.

me: I have a missing stay from February
SPG agent: we cannot post a missing stay greater than 60 days ago so you'll need to email research@.
me: ok but just to be sure you understand the issue is that the stay was there before the conversion and is no longer there
SPG agent: I am looking at your stays back to January and do not see any stays in February
me: yes, that is exactly my point, I do not see any stay in February on my account
SPG agent: well you cannot see your account activity that far back anyway
me: I absolutely can see as far back as January, and more
SPG agent: well as I said I have looked back to January and do not see any February stays
me: well I'm glad I waited on hold for this, thank you for your time and have a nice day

So I did not even bother raising with them the fact that

3. of the stays that *are* listed, they're not even added up correctly. The banner at the top says I have 22 elite nights (of which 5 are from SPG AMEX). But if you add up all the nights by hand that are listed, there are 18 nights which should -> 23.

Kinda suspecting that the inability to combine accounts due to name mismatch has turned out to be a blessing in disguise. I also have a far-off award booking that is eligible for a points reduction but based on what I've seen I'm not going to attempt that any time soon either.

What a hot mess
Old Aug 26, 2018, 1:08 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by jpdx
When will this mess be fixed?
It's impossible to know what the internal dialog is right now -- whether executive leadership is being told that things are coming along nicely, etc. But sooner or later the numbers don't lie, and with folks such as yourself taking your business elsewhere...

Having said that, in my own individual case, I do see progress. Over the weekend I was able to apply legacy SPG SNAs to a legacy Marriott award reservation, and the SNAs were actually withdrawn from my account and there's a message under my rez stating that the request is being processed. I also had SPG AmEx points post to the new combined account over the weekend. Still missing any reference to ambassador status and still various references to PE (incorrect) vs. PPE (correct), though, so certainly work to be done yet. Ultimately I remain hopeful that we won't all still be talking about this come the last autumn leaf to fall on the Marriott HQ grounds, but that may be wishful thinking.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 1:41 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by mr_moon
When are stays going to start crediting again? I'm waiting on stays from 15th -17th August, 17th - 21st August and 21st - 22nd August.

I'm no longer booking Marriott hotels. There's no way in hell I can trust their system. As I said above, I actually tried to book a long stay yesterday but I was unable to login to either their Marriott or Starwood websites, so booked a Hilton.
I'm in the same situation as you for stays August 15-17 and August 17-19. I think the mess might be that the SPG account number changed. I wonder why they had to do that.

But I'm optimistic that things will improve and I did book a Marriott for a full week for a November trip as I was able to log in on the Marriott website. And November is far away and I better have a stay before I go back down to Gold at the end of January.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 1:48 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, AAdvantage
My husband's Amex points have transferred but mine are missing. Something like 140K SPG points I think.

I'll give it a few more days before panicking.

Edit - I don't see my stay booked for the Swan hotel later this year. I'll panic sooner. I think there is a maiden name/married name issue going on here.

Last edited by sent; Aug 26, 2018 at 1:55 pm
Old Aug 26, 2018, 1:48 pm

Ever since I combined my accounts on SPG site last week, I can't access my Marriott account any more. At least on SPG site, it knows that I have migrated my account, but that's about it.. can't ge to the new account either.. just point me to the login page at Marriott.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 1:58 pm

Just unbelievable.

The level of incompetence is mind boggling. Where did they hire these people? From the closed down Ringling Brothers circus?

I have too many issues to list. But the primary for me is that I should have gone over 75 nights but my YTD is stuck at 71. the worst part is - I see most of the stays in the activity. HOW DO YOU HAVE THE SAME DATASET REPORT DIFFERENTLY ON THE SAME WEB PAGE?!!

I guess I could call - oh wait the hold times are into next year at this point.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 4:48 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
All you reporting these issues are lucky. I’ve not been able to login since Thursday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.