Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

All together now -- Continuing technical issues from the legacy SPG forum

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

All together now -- Continuing technical issues from the legacy SPG forum

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2018, 6:31 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
My wife has not been able to log in in her SPG account. Anybody else with that issue? Should she start worrying?

Edited to say that problem is solved. She used the reset password function, in the link provided she input her name and the same password and it worked. The good news is that the points she won at a spin wheel game that was in the lobby of the Westin we stayed last week were in her account. She thought those would never show up. Now if the points for our stay could post, we could go on to the next step: combining the SPG and Marriott accounts.

Last edited by StuckinITH; Aug 21, 2018 at 7:00 pm
Old Aug 21, 2018, 6:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by 1AAFlyer
and it is a disaster....INFERIOR website, lost nights, can't scroll rates for different hotels with 1 click...who are the idiots behind this website?
Ernst and Young was allegedly the consulting firm that brought together these two IT systems.

Can you tell?
Old Aug 21, 2018, 6:42 pm

Programs: DL Plat 1MM, AA EXP 3MM, SQ Krisflyer Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by puntamita
Bad decision that Marriott does not treat the SPG members that have the grandfathered amount of 750 nights and 10 years LPPE status in August. Makes no sense.
Is that true? Why on earth not? Those two lines of code should not have been hard. Or just one more example of Marriott showing dislike of SPG elites?
Old Aug 21, 2018, 6:54 pm

Programs: DL DM, MARRIOTT AMBASSADOR LIFETIME TITANIUM
Originally Posted by flying_geek
Is that true? Why on earth not? Those two lines of code should not have been hard. Or just one more example of Marriott showing dislike of SPG elites?

Read Lurker initial post. Says we have to wait until 2019. Totally unacceptable
Old Aug 21, 2018, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker IV
  • For members whose accounts are still displaying incorrect Elite status, this issue should be corrected later today (August 21st).
  • For members whose accounts are still displaying incorrect Lifetime Elite status, we expect this issue to be resolved over the next week. However, while Lifetime Elite status may be displaying incorrectly, members’ current Elite status and benefits should be correct. As a reminder, SPG members who qualify for Lifetime Platinum Premier in 2018 will receive notice of their achievement in January 2019.
Hi Alexandra,
I'm not clear on the bold part. In my case, my lifetime elite status will be a higher status than what I have earned annually for this year so far. Are you saying my status should tonight show correctly as what the LT status ought to be, but with the LT status not shown? Or do I need to wait until my LT status updates next week before my current status updates?

My next stay is in 10 days, would be nice to have my new status before then.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 7:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Read Lurker initial post. Says we have to wait until 2019. Totally unacceptable
IIRC this is what was announced when Starriott agreed to extend LTPP beyond legacy MR LTPs.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 7:10 pm

Programs: DL DM, MARRIOTT AMBASSADOR LIFETIME TITANIUM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
IIRC this is what was announced when Starriott agreed to extend LTPP beyond legacy MR LTPs.

I agree but they said a lot that is not the outcome. Totally unacceptable. Would not take much for them to code to give SPG members same benefit. Oh wel
Old Aug 21, 2018, 7:44 pm

Programs: NZ
I successfully combined my accounts, although I was only given the option from the MR side (which was no big deal as I am fairly new to SPG/MR so I didn't really care which number I kept).

My points balances and status were correct and combined correctly. The only odd thing was that on the SPG side my Lifetime Status Nights had doubled and they combined as doubled. It will be interesting to see if this gets rectified.

They say it takes 72 hours for the SPG stay data to transfer over, so I will monitor for that happening.

I will need to do an Airline points transfer soon. Anyone tried that since the merge?. Feeling nervous!!
Old Aug 21, 2018, 8:12 pm

Programs: DL Plat 1MM, AA EXP 3MM, SQ Krisflyer Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I must have misunderstood - I thought the 2019 applied if the merged accounts resulted in LTPP - but that SPGs north of 750 now would get it instantly. Guess that would have made too much sense and Marriott would have missed another opportunity to show distain for the SPG elites
puntamita likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 8:12 pm

Programs: AA PP, OZ *G, Hyatt Expl, Marriott Gold, Lots of Ex-statuses
Originally Posted by flying_geek
I agree but they said a lot that is not the outcome. Totally unacceptable. Would not take much for them to code to give SPG members same benefit. Oh wel
As a professional software engineer, I think it is complicated to add code to give SPG members the benefit. You have to merge all the accounts in the Marriott database, then do error checking and validation to find the right users, and then update their records to be LPPE. It's definitely not months of work, so they should finish soon, but they probably didn't want to add one more complexity to an already complicated merger.

It has been pretty smooth overall given the scale of the merger. I'm impressed they had their booking systems back online so fast as that is their #1 priority. There will definitely be hiccups for a while but I'm happy with how it went overall.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by Rowyourboat
As a professional software engineer, I think it is complicated to add code to give SPG members the benefit.
How is that complicated? Select every SPG member with LTP status and more than 749 nights, set status to LTPP.
And quite likely the merging of databases was actually more of an import, so it could have been done during that process.

I haven't coded anything in quite a while - but I have a bout 200 software developers working for me and in my professional opinion - this can't have been that hard
puntamita likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 9:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Rowyourboat
As a professional software engineer, I think it is complicated to add code to give SPG members the benefit.
I would seriously question the credentials of anyone who would take longer than one hour to implement it.
TravelinSperry and yurtripper like this.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 10:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Marriott LtP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
So can someone explain the difference between the Annual Choice Benefits at 50 Nights and at 75 nights? Does that mean when you hit 75 nights you can choose another 5 suite night awards?
Old Aug 21, 2018, 11:32 pm

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Having several problems with the transition.

1. Nights for this year is not correct. Missing a total of 31 nights.
2. Cancelled a points reservation and the points have not credit back yet (56K Starpoints = 168K New Points). It's been three days now.
3. Combined accounts and my reservations now have disappeared.

Contacted my Ambassador on the 2nd point above and said to wait until the start of next week. (not sure why as there is certainly an error made when I cancelled the reservation). And yes, it is cancelled and shows as cancelled now.

FYI, I cancelled another points booking and it had deposited correctly into my account.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 12:44 am
Used to be RichardKopf

Programs: SPG LTP/IHG Pl/Hilton D/Shang-Taj D/VA Plat/QFClub/Hertz Pres/Avis Pres
Originally Posted by harvardkim
So can someone explain the difference between the Annual Choice Benefits at 50 Nights and at 75 nights? Does that mean when you hit 75 nights you can choose another 5 suite night awards?
Yes. You can choose 5 SNAs at 50 nights and other 5 at 75 nights, per year.
harvardkim likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.