Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Cancelling/Changing Old SPG Reservations Post Aug 18 - Points Refund Delay

Cancelling/Changing Old SPG Reservations Post Aug 18 - Points Refund Delay

Old Aug 27, 2018, 3:39 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
By the way, I just called Marriott again and the person I spoke to was able to call the hotel and work with them to get my points returned. I’m not really sure that calling Starwood will do anything but frustrate you at this point. The only major problem with Marriott is the hold times are atrocious... I spent 25 minutes on hold and it took another 25 minutes to get it resolved (mostly on hold because he was having to work his magic elsewhere).
Old Aug 27, 2018, 4:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Redemption at a legacy SPG property. Called in today, agent was able to get this processed promptly. She noted she was just trained on it yesterday, though.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 5:00 pm

Programs: UA MP (DH is MM 1K, so yeah! so am I!), SPG Platinum/LTG, Marriott Platinum Premier/LT Platinum
Originally Posted by CLEguy
Redemption at a legacy SPG property. Called in today, agent was able to get this processed promptly. She noted she was just trained on it yesterday, though.
Just curious...was there award availability for the property when you did this? I’m patiently waiting to hopefully get a bunch of points back for the Gritti Palace for a stay in September with no award availability. Thanks.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by jmkclee

Just curious...was there award availability for the property when you did this? I’m patiently waiting to hopefully get a bunch of points back for the Gritti Palace for a stay in September with no award availability. Thanks.
No, there was not.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 6:09 pm

But the Twitter team told me this isn't possible in regards to another reservation. Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż
Old Aug 27, 2018, 6:30 pm

Programs: UA MP (DH is MM 1K, so yeah! so am I!), SPG Platinum/LTG, Marriott Platinum Premier/LT Platinum

No, there was not.
yeah! Maybe there is hope for this merger after all!
Old Aug 27, 2018, 6:58 pm

No, there was not.
Did you call SPG or Marriott? Thanks
Old Aug 27, 2018, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by MaxFlying
Did you call SPG or Marriott? Thanks
SPG for a legacy SPG property that I'll be staying at in a couple weeks. Then subsequently reached out to SPGAssist on Twitter regarding another legacy SPG property, and they claimed you have to rebook.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 9:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold, United Silver, BA Bronze
Tried calling Marriott based on above responses but got routed back to SPG.

New ETA is end of month, but the very demoralised agent said he wasn't getting clear information and wasn't entirely sure.

What's inexcusable with this is that Marriott are not communicating properly with their front line. This is an area I work in, IT issues take time to resolve, but providing a clear update to your tier 1 agents shouldn't take more than an hour or two.

For those who were successful did you combine accounts? I really don't want to do this given my cancellation doesn't even show online against my account, but would be interested in the data point.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 9:45 pm

Called Marriott "Platinum" line. Waited 20 minutes. Talked to agent about the missing points. Agent transfers me to loyalty department. Wait another 20+ minutes. I explain my problem to the loyalty agent. Loyalty agent says he needs to transfer me to his SPG colleague. Waiting another 20+ minutes and counting...

This is ridiculous. Why is it necessary for us to call Marriott to ask them to fix something they broke? Do not understand why Marriott forced the integration of the two programs when Marriott was obviously not ready.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 2:58 am

I called yesterday on the spg number, was told this could take a few more days to clear up so not sure whats going on.....
Old Aug 29, 2018, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by jasonz9238
I called yesterday on the spg number, was told this could take a few more days to clear up so not sure whats going on.....
Every day they quote a different timeline...it's quite ridiculous.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 2:40 pm

The points are back! Within the the last hour, 420,000 points for a cancelled SPG reservation that disappeared, showed up in my account. Now all that's missing from my account is my SPG Credit Card free Weekend night certificate that was showing in my SPG account prior to the integration.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 3:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador elite & lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Emirates Plat, Flying Blue Plat
Same here: I got 270,000 points back in the last hour, from cancellations I did before Aug 21.
And... I also lost a certificate that I had on Aug 19.

They seem to be running a script: fixing some, messing up some. Hopefully it will converge to a steady state soon.

Last edited by josep; Aug 29, 2018 at 3:33 pm
Old Aug 29, 2018, 3:51 pm

Programs: SPG Plat
Still waiting for my points from cancellations I made on aug 19....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.