Travel Packages Update

Old Aug 23, 2018, 11:45 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Is there a timeframe for the 30k points refund? When I sent an online request as per instructions, the response was:

Thank you for contacting Marriott Customer Care. We are currently experiencing technical difficulties with our website. Our corporate office has been notified of the issue, and this issue should be corrected soon. Im sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience in this matter. Please know any needed refunded Marriott Rewards points will be returned as soon as possible. Your ease in using Marriott.com and the Marriott app is our goal.

Safe travels,
Marriott Customer Care
Old Aug 23, 2018, 11:50 pm

For those of us trying to get an extra 30k back maybe its a sign of flexibility...
Old Aug 24, 2018, 1:19 am

Originally Posted by msp3
Is there a timeframe for the 30k points refund? When I sent an online request as per instructions, the response was:

Thank you for contacting Marriott Customer Care. We are currently experiencing technical difficulties with our website. Our corporate office has been notified of the issue, and this issue should be corrected soon. I’m sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience in this matter. Please know any needed refunded Marriott Rewards points will be returned as soon as possible. Your ease in using Marriott.com and the Marriott app is our goal.

Safe travels,
Marriott Customer Care

Asked Marriott Customer Care yesterday the same question. Their response was they couldn't change anything until 18th September. So that's two different answers to the same question you asked right here.

P.S. Just to add I've asked if I can attach my cert to a one category lower hotel now and they refund the points after the 18th.

Last edited by Lizie; Aug 24, 2018 at 2:05 am
Old Aug 25, 2018, 7:19 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
Any chance Marriott Rewards Insider returns to tell us why the instructions for a downgrade from (old chart) cat 6 to cat 1-5 in exchange for 30,000 points that they provided on the "oh so official communication channel" of flyertalk is not working and how to proceed. Got the same message about not being able to process the request.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 7:47 am

Looks like nobody at Marriott/SPG can give refunds.

I sent an email to inquire about canceling an SPG Moments I booked for 10K Starpoints and they said they'll refund the points because it had to do with a family member hospitalization. When I replied that I was thankful for the offer and would like to cancel and get the refund, I got the below email. Looks like no departments can refund anything. The Marriott TEO (Thief Executive Officer) is holding all the points and will not give any back!

-----------------------------------------
We have just found that we have still not gained access to refund the Points for these packages as of yet. We are hoping to gain access in a couple of days. I have added your account numbers to our list of members needed refunds/or manual purchases and as soon as I am able to add the points back I will. I will follow up with you once it has been completed.

I apologize for the delay. With such a large merger we are working to sort through and correct any issues as soon as soon as possible. I appreciate your patience.

SPG Moments - Liaison

Last edited by yosithezet; Aug 31, 2018 at 1:14 am Reason: Removed non-executive employee name per FT Rules
Old Aug 30, 2018, 8:02 am

Programs: *wood & marriott plat, Hyatt, Accor
Any progress? What is the latest news on refund and upgrading?
Old Aug 30, 2018, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by Lizie
Asked Marriott Customer Care yesterday the same question. Their response was they couldn't change anything until 18th September. So that's two different answers to the same question you asked right here.

P.S. Just to add I've asked if I can attach my cert to a one category lower hotel now and they refund the points after the 18th.
I'm wondering if it's worth it to send another email request. Or when will they be able to do anything about this for that matter...
Old Sep 1, 2018, 8:52 am

I'm wondering if it's worth it to send another email request. Or when will they be able to do anything about this for that matter...
If you think it would help. I'm going to wait now till mid month as they suggest although I'm not sure it's written in stone that this date won't change. All very vexing.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 9:57 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

After 9/18/2018, the TPs attached to reservation before 8/18 should be kept whole. As if there were no changes with the TPs.

1. The attached reservations should be able to shift the dates without any point change (if the new dates are available to redeem). This would be the same as before. There is no justification to re-calculate the TP with the new rates since the original TP is still attached.
2. After 9/18, the old TP should be a history. If the original TP was attached to a NC-5 property, it is a NC-5 TP going forward. We should be able to re-attach the TP to any NC-5 properties. We should be allowed to downgrade or upgrade the TP with the new reward chart as if the TP is the new TP. There should not be any difference since the old TP system is gone.
3. It is more complex with the un-attached TP. With the new TP conversion, we should be allowed to either upgrade or downgrade.

I think the above are very reasonable. We only want the original TP as it was before. Marriott should even compensate reward members for the disruptions.
Dave510 likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by Lizie
If you think it would help. I'm going to wait now till mid month as they suggest although I'm not sure it's written in stone that this date won't change. All very vexing.
The other thing that's on my mind is there's still no formal statement from Marriott that they will give the Cat 6, Cat 8, and Tier 1-3 cert holders 30k back except what's posted on FT and spilled over to the credit card shill bloggers. I'm guessing that means the squeaky wheel gets the oil, and they'll do it eventually because we've asked but not for anyone who's not proactive about it...
Old Sep 2, 2018, 1:22 am

The other thing that's on my mind is there's still no formal statement from Marriott that they will give the Cat 6, Cat 8, and Tier 1-3 cert holders 30k back except what's posted on FT and spilled over to the credit card shill bloggers. I'm guessing that means the squeaky wheel gets the oil, and they'll do it eventually because we've asked but not for anyone who's not proactive about it...
I agree we need stronger direction from Marriott and, as that's not forthcoming, contacting their customer service is currently the best option we have. On saying that they said we had to wait till mid September until they rolled out the next part of the integration so hoping to get some formal news nearer that day. Until then the customer service people are probably going to trot out the same message.
atojbk likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.