Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 5, 2018, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Marriott's Best Rate Guarantee Discussion Thread

This thread is about Marriott's BRG. If you don't know what BRG is - here's the Marriott BRG and here's the claim form.
If you're not satisfied with the outcome of your claim and wish for a second review you may reply back by email or call Marriott's BRG hotline 1-800-771-5665. A human is available at this number beginning at 9 am EST.

If you are new to this, and would like to ask fellow FTers questions regarding BRGs, then this thread is the place to start.

Hotel Name:
Date of stay:
Number of Guests:
Room Type:
Marriott Brand Website Rate:
Competing Rate:
Actual Approved Rate:

Print Wikipost

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2019, 12:52 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Hi, sorry this is a bit generic but how 'easy' is it to get a LNF success?

Once upon a time I used to be a regular SPG BRG claimer, with 80%+ of my nights were via BRG - and multi years as Platinum.

Is there anything different or that I need to know under Marriott (compared to those SPG days - book flexi rate, submit claim, if denied cancel flexi booking - start again).
Old Apr 30, 2019, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by alanslegal

Once upon a time I used to be a regular SPG BRG claimer, with 80%+ of my nights were via BRG - and multi years as Platinum.

Is there anything different or that I need to know under Marriott (compared to those SPG days - book flexi rate, submit claim, if denied cancel flexi booking - start again).
You pretty much said it all. It's more depending on whether you can find the competing rate, it's easier if you are going to big cities than going to a road trip to see US national parks for example.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 2:30 am

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium

All my night are BRG this year.

destinations :
SIN/BKK/MAD/LIS/IST/KL

Today i got a funny denied claim, the Marriott operator denied my claim because she compared day by day my compelling site (2 days stay with only one total, so she played with the date to get the daily rate ), then because the cheapest hotel room was spelled differently, she choose another room.

Solution ? Escalade this... then I just get my BRG confirmed.

The operator was obviously stretching the rules a little far.

​​​​​
Old Apr 30, 2019, 3:32 am

Originally Posted by GalaxyChris

destinations :
SIN/BKK/MAD/LIS/IST/KL

Today i got a funny denied claim, the Marriott operator denied my claim because she compared day by day my compelling site (2 days stay with only one total, so she played with the date to get the daily rate ), then because the cheapest hotel room was spelled differently, she choose another room.

​​​​​
Who do you contact to escalate this?
I usually just email back, but if there is a number to call....

Thanks.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 3:47 am

Originally Posted by nacho
You pretty much said it all. It's more depending on whether you can find the competing rate, it's easier if you are going to big cities than going to a road trip to see US national parks for example.
Thanks,

Let's say a Marriott Hotel has non-ref rate $100 and ref rate $120. A competitors website has it $95 and $120 respectively.

Am I able to book the Marriott refundable rate, and then make a note that I am actually comparing their non-ref rates? I prefer not to to have a non-ref rate, LNF rejection.

Originally Posted by GalaxyChris

destinations :
SIN/BKK/MAD/LIS/IST/KL

​​​​​
I don't like funny business Glad you got it sorted.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 3:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond

Am I able to book the Marriott refundable rate, and then make a note that I am actually comparing their non-ref rates? I prefer not to to have a non-ref rate, LNF rejection.

No... but you have 24 hours of free cancellation on prepaid bookings. As long as you don't try over the weekend, you should get a response within 24 hours.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 5:36 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif
No... but you have 24 hours of free cancellation on prepaid bookings. As long as you don't try over the weekend, you should get a response within 24 hours.
Thank you for pointing that out; sorry I am very unfamiliar with Marriott since I have not stayed in any properties after the SPG takeover. I do miss all those W hotels, and some St Regis properties.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 8:08 am

You will see that for us from SPG this system is dead. Our actual trip I make same booking via external web pages, it was better than fight with this stupid LNF rulez.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by HHQX888
You will see that for us from SPG this system is dead. Our actual trip I make same booking via external web pages, it was better than fight with this stupid LNF rulez.
I am also coming from the SPG system and, if anything, I have been having much more success with LNF than ever had with SPG’s BRG. For one, claim processing is fast and efficient. The ability to claim against OTA’s flex rates opened a whole new lot of BRG possibilities, which weren’t there with SPG, farmore than compensating the loss of no longer being able to claim flex against nonflex. And, in my experience, claims are decided in a fair and consistent manner in accordance with the stated rules (which one may disagree with, but are the rules we accept when we file a claim), contrary to SPG where the rules were applied capriciously and arbitrarily.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob

I have gone from a >95% success rate with SPG to <50% with MAR.
  • Cancellation policies now have to match.
  • Room type must be identical.
  • If there is no room available on MAR website, but there is on OTA, too bad. You're out of luck.
  • If you are booking multiple nights, unless the OTA gives you a per night price (which they never do), the LNF team will take the average OTA price and compare it to the per night price at MAR, so you will only get 25% off the room nights which are higher than the average price. Not kidding!
  • If you want to use some reward nights in combination with a BRG, you won't be allowed. They will modify your BRG request to include the reward night. (Example: I tried to submit a BRG for Wed/Thurs and did a reward night for Good Friday because it was almost double the price. No go. LNF team insisted that I had to BRG all 3 nights.)
  • There is no consistency. Two identical BRGs submitted at the same time from 2 different accounts processed by 2 different agents will usually yield 2 different results, one approved, one DENIED.
  • The LNF team is very vague about why they DENY BRGs, so can't even make sense of why BRG was denied. They don't like phone calls. Best to just resubmit from scratch and pray that you get a legacy SPG agent.
I'm sure there are more differences. That was just off the top of my head. Welcome back!
Old Apr 30, 2019, 10:01 am

@ margarita girl : more differences
  • we are jumping now on Bali from hotel to hotel and I can't have more claims than 1-2 becouse timeframe 7 days in one area per one claim
  • I can't make claims on prepay rates, I don't want play game with my alarm clock when will be this 5min before 24h cancelation time
  • I can't make multiple claims giving different OTA pages for one stay
  • I have valid LNF stay on RC Langkawi and later my friends want join us and I find again new good OTA prices, claim was denided because I have one valid claim at this same dates at this same hotel.
  • not always valid LNF claims change to flex rates
  • you can't make second claim if you have one valid claim on flex rate at this same hotel, our booking at 6-10.May flex rate and valid claim we want change our dates to 10-15.May on flex rate and second claim was denide becouse they want combine all dates and first I must cancel first claim and risk that second claim will be aproved.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 11:58 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
- Just filed a LNF Claim -

It's been a while since I found a competiting rate that was lower than what the Members Rate was on Marriott so forgive me for asking but wanted to get some thoughts from more experienced LNF'ers.

I would assume this is a valid LNF even though the Cancellation Policy slightly differs? Both are Non-Refundable however Marriott allows 24H cancel whereas Expedia does not and the Expedia rate says "This special discounted rate is non-refundable. If you choose to change or cancel this booking you will not be refunded any of the payment."

Standard King Room
Marriott $113.00
Expedia $110.00
Old Apr 30, 2019, 2:23 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
My LNF claim got denied because after the currency conversion they said the price difference is nominal. After the conversion the price difference is $50! Should I just revise and resubmit or email them directly saying that their math is off
Old Apr 30, 2019, 2:33 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by verbyournoun
My LNF claim got denied because after the currency conversion they said the price difference is nominal. After the conversion the price difference is $50! Should I just revise and resubmit or email them directly saying that their math is off
In this case, I would call them and ask the BRG agent to manually calculate the difference.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 2:35 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Originally Posted by Intl359Widget
In this case, I would call them and ask the BRG agent to manually calculate the difference.
I can’t seem to find the number online is there a LNF specific number

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.