Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 5, 2018, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Marriott's Best Rate Guarantee Discussion Thread

This thread is about Marriott's BRG. If you don't know what BRG is - here's the Marriott BRG and here's the claim form.
If you're not satisfied with the outcome of your claim and wish for a second review you may reply back by email or call Marriott's BRG hotline 1-800-771-5665. A human is available at this number beginning at 9 am EST.

If you are new to this, and would like to ask fellow FTers questions regarding BRGs, then this thread is the place to start.

Hotel Name:
Date of stay:
Number of Guests:
Room Type:
Marriott Brand Website Rate:
Competing Rate:
Actual Approved Rate:

Print Wikipost

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2019, 10:19 am

Best Rate LNF is dead, the number of aproved claims in this thread go down to 1-2 per 12 days.
I try a few claims on flex payment and always have answer 'I don't see any offer at this page at your dates or I don't see your prices' on prepay rate I will not check LNF because they don't answer in 24h frame.
For example I want make stay at Ritz-Carlton and Marriot flex price is 440EUR, at tui.com I have 260EUR with all taxes and answer is sorry we don't find this price. This RC don't have club and I don't have breakfast as benefit why I want still book through Marriott network ? If I do via tui.com, mybe next year we will be look at Four Seasons, Banyan Tree. Congratulations and maybe Bonvoy'age'.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 1:15 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by gator91
It's pretty disingenuous for Marriott to refuse to acknowledge that a number of their hotels, particularly the recent additions of Westins, Sheratons and Kimptons are offering transparent discounted rates that are 25% lower than Marriott's rates on their website and mobile app.
Kimpton is IHG.
GalaxyChris likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

LNF/BRG is fading. Marriott is getting good at displaying lowest rates. It is good in a way that you likely receive the lowest rate even if you don't bother to check around other websites.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 4:21 pm

TerryK : this is not true I can find better offers than on Marriott pages.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by HHQX888
TerryK : this is not true I can find better offers than on Marriott pages.
whats the probability of that?
Old Mar 1, 2019, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by TerryK
LNF/BRG is fading. Marriott is getting good at displaying lowest rates. It is good in a way that you likely receive the lowest rate even if you don't bother to check around other websites.

Originally Posted by BaconSF

whats the probability of that?
for me ... 90%. LNF/BRG is far from dead.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 7:08 pm

Programs: Liftime Titanium Elite Marriott
Its actually very easy to find lower rates. The trick for me is to use a German page that does everything in Euros. Were all the taxes are rolled into the price that shows up. I check it once a day and usually within ten days you are bound to get something lower.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by tfong007
Its actually very easy to find lower rates.
I completely agree. Going to EUR land is one of many options.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 8:57 pm

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by cfischer

for me ... 90%. LNF/BRG is far from dead.
for me 100% this year and 4 different country on March very far from dead
I like this thread, it's very entertaining
Old Mar 1, 2019, 9:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by GalaxyChris
for me 100% this year and 4 different country on March very far from dead
I like this thread, it's very entertaining
Same here. I’ve got BRGs for my next 15 stays. The ones I haven’t are for new hotels that haven’t started selling on many of the competing websites yet. If you’re flexible with dates and hotel choice and plan ahead it’s possible. And you’ve got to do the leg work.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 12:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by yorkboy24
Same here. I’ve got BRGs for my next 15 stays. The ones I haven’t are for new hotels that haven’t started selling on many of the competing websites yet. If you’re flexible with dates and hotel choice and plan ahead it’s possible. And you’ve got to do the leg work.
that's pretty good....i've gone from almost 100% of my paid stays being brg stays to about 50% now....its gotten harder but brgs are still available....
Old Mar 2, 2019, 1:58 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Keyser
that's pretty good....i've gone from almost 100% of my paid stays being brg stays to about 50% now....its gotten harder but brgs are still available....
I think it depends on your usual location and choice of some hotels. I find some of them are impossible to get no matter hard you try. The added problem is that you now have to check the individual price per night on a multi-night stay as if hotels have widely varying rates during a longer stay it also becomes difficult to get a BRG.

Sometimes, last minute stays a few days out can yield results but usually I book months and months in advance.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 2:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by yorkboy24
Sometimes, last minute stays a few days out can yield results but usually I book months and months in advance.
my stays are split evenly between stays booked months in advance & last minute stays....i'm finding it equally difficult to get brgs....
margarita girl likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 2:51 am

How many of these accepted BRG's are on prepay rate ?
As Keyser from almost 100% to 30% and main problem is I can't safely complain prepay rates.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 10:24 am

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by HHQX888
How many of these accepted BRG's are on prepay rate ?
As Keyser from almost 100% to 30% and main problem is I can't safely complain prepay rates.
No prepay for me, do not want to deal with the 24h deadline, no time for that.

I also have sometime 3 BRG for 3 different hotel in the same city, then when they are all confirmed, I take the most convenient price/quality & previous experience.

New hotel usually cannot be BRG, because lack of providers.

Last edited by GalaxyChris; Mar 2, 2019 at 9:44 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.