Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 5, 2018, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Marriott's Best Rate Guarantee Discussion Thread

This thread is about Marriott's BRG. If you don't know what BRG is - here's the Marriott BRG and here's the claim form.
If you're not satisfied with the outcome of your claim and wish for a second review you may reply back by email or call Marriott's BRG hotline 1-800-771-5665. A human is available at this number beginning at 9 am EST.

If you are new to this, and would like to ask fellow FTers questions regarding BRGs, then this thread is the place to start.

Hotel Name:
Date of stay:
Number of Guests:
Room Type:
Marriott Brand Website Rate:
Competing Rate:
Actual Approved Rate:

Print Wikipost

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2018, 11:41 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Hotel Name: The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho
Arrival Date: Feb 16, for one week
Number of Rooms: 1
Number of Guests: 2
Room Type: King Deluxe Room
Marriott Brand Website Rate: 44600 JPY per night (pre tax)
Competing Rate: 36521 JPY per night (pre tax)
Actual Approved Rate: 27390 JPY per night
LNF Award: 25% off competing rate
Comments: Still the best Tokyo hotel
Old Dec 24, 2018, 2:07 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by araknis
My claim was approved by SPG legacy rep, but resort fee was added to base room rate. I called SPG BRG and agent stated resort fee was a "hidden" fee by Travelocity even though line item stated "resort fee". Agent stated even if I was correct, the claim has been processed and there is nothing she could do. After asking for more clarification she hung up on me. I called back and next BRG agent confirmed resort fee was added to base room rate incorrectly and would correct the claim right away. Wow, what a difference in 2 agents.
My experience on the legacy Starwood BRG line too. The St Thomas agents tend to be better, and the Omaha (?) ones have tend to be useless.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 4:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Hotel Name: le méridien frankfurt....
Arrival Date: 4 nights in june....
Number of Rooms: 1....
Number of Guests: 2....
Room Type: superior queen....
Marriott Brand Website Rate: €116.50 per night....
Competing Rate: €101.20 per night....
Competing Web Site: ....
Actual Approved Rate: €75.90 per night....
LNF Award: 25% discount....
Comments: took them less than 8 hours to get back with an approval....
Old Dec 25, 2018, 4:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Hotel Name: westin grand frankfurt....
Arrival Date: 4 nights in june....
Number of Rooms: 1....
Number of Guests: 2....
Room Type: classic king....
Marriott Brand Website Rate: €145 per night....
Competing Rate: €123.50 per night....
Competing Web Site: ....
Actual Approved Rate: €92.62 per night....
LNF Award: 25% discount....
Comments: quick turnaround in under 8 hours....
Old Dec 25, 2018, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
success as usual for me, incl. having them apply 'tax included' properly, but now I also have a case where the rate switched to non-refundable upon approval. Yikes, I will 99% need this reservation so I am waiting it out for now. Was a great reduction of more than 50% for a nice hotel and I don't want to mess with the reservation now ...
Old Dec 26, 2018, 12:57 am

I filed an LNF on Dec. 17 and have not heard from them since. The last time I filed one, they replied within a day. Has there been a change in policy?
Old Dec 26, 2018, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by sleeper.agent
I filed an LNF on Dec. 17 and have not heard from them since. The last time I filed one, they replied within a day. Has there been a change in policy?
Legacy SPG seems to take longer than legacy Marriott, but 9 days is way too long even the Xmas holidays. I would give them a call. They will need the confirmation number that is listed on the auto-reply you got when you submitted the LNF.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 4:09 pm

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
Hotel Name: Courtyard Green Community Dubai
Arrival Date: Jan 2019
Departure Date: Jan 2019
Room Type: King
Marriott Brand Website Rate: 1565 aed for 2 days with free cancellation
Actual Approved Rate: 691 aed flexible
Comments: Rate includes breakfast so no need to use the plat amenity.

Hotel Name: Aloft Bangkok
Arrival Date: Jan 2019
Departure Date: Jan 2019
Room Type: King
Marriott Brand Website Rate: 7,380 thb for 2 days with free cancellation
Actual Approved Rate: 5,007 thb flexible
Comments: Was looking 4 weeks ago and rates were over 3,500 for prepaid so was happy to get free cancellation for 1,000 less and it will add another brand for the promo.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 4:56 am
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
LNF denied reason being I didn't book using the liwest available rate on the Marriott channel, but the only lower available rate is a Marriott Member rate. It doesn't make sense that they want me to compare a Marriott Member rate (non-public rate) with a public rate at a competing website!

Also, why is this thread not a sticky ? Did Marriott exert some pressure to have it unstickied, similarly to them wanting the competing OTA rates not be disclosed?
Old Dec 31, 2018, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by MasterGeek
LNF denied reason being I didn't book using the liwest available rate on the Marriott channel, but the only lower available rate is a Marriott Member rate. It doesn't make sense that they want me to compare a Marriott Member rate (non-public rate) with a public rate at a competing website!

Also, why is this thread not a sticky ? Did Marriott exert some pressure to have it unstickied, similarly to them wanting the competing OTA rates not be disclosed?
Doesnt seem strange at all. The member rate if it is the same terms and conditions is the lowest bookable rate.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by geminidreams
Doesnt seem strange at all. The member rate if it is the same terms and conditions is the lowest bookable rate.
But it’s not the “publicly” available rate as you have to be a Marriott Rewards member to be eligible.

Old Dec 31, 2018, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by YoungBubbie

But it’s not the “publicly” available rate as you have to be a Marriott Rewards member to be eligible.

But the rate is not hidden. It is publicly available and shows when you do the search. The fact you have to log in as a member to receive the rate does not change that you can see it whether you are a member or not.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by geminidreams
But the rate is not hidden. It is publicly available and shows when you do the search. The fact you have to log in as a member to receive the rate does not change that you can see it whether you are a member or not.
But technically you need to be a MR member to be eligible.
Anyone can “view’ AAA rates but since you have to be a AAA member to be eligible, they are not “publicly” available to all and therefore ineligible for LNF.
By this reasoning, according to LNF quidelines, MR rates should not be allowed to LNF.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 9:29 am

Programs: DL Plat, Marriot Plat
Originally Posted by YoungBubbie

But technically you need to be a MR member to be eligible.
Anyone can “view’ AAA rates but since you have to be a AAA member to be eligible, they are not “publicly” available to all and therefore ineligible for LNF.
By this reasoning, according to LNF quidelines, MR rates should not be allowed to LNF.
To be an AAA member, you need to pay for membership. To be a Marriott member, you don't have to pay for it. I think that is way they make the aaa rate ineligible.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 9:43 am

But some OTA sites they might offer an “insider” or members rate ( membership is free) and those rates are ineligible for comparison as they are not publicly available for all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.