Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 5, 2018, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Marriott's Best Rate Guarantee Discussion Thread

This thread is about Marriott's BRG. If you don't know what BRG is - here's the Marriott BRG and here's the claim form.
If you're not satisfied with the outcome of your claim and wish for a second review you may reply back by email or call Marriott's BRG hotline 1-800-771-5665. A human is available at this number beginning at 9 am EST.

If you are new to this, and would like to ask fellow FTers questions regarding BRGs, then this thread is the place to start.

Hotel Name:
Date of stay:
Number of Guests:
Room Type:
Marriott Brand Website Rate:
Competing Rate:
Actual Approved Rate:

Print Wikipost

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2018, 10:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Gold, AA Lifetime Gold, United Silver, BA Gold
Originally Posted by igor82j
I am confused about reservations for 3 adults. Here is the situation. Marriott often adds an extra fee for the 3rd adult in the room, while many third-party websites don't.
One of my BRGs finally got approved, after many back and forth emails. First, they insisted that the third-party website has a hidden 3rd adult charge that would be charged directly at the hotel. After confirming that it's not the case, the BRG was approved. Yay.

Now, i am applying for a 100% identical BRG, and it's being denied for a totally different reason which makes me confused.
The Marriott rate is 106EUR + 40EUR 3rd adult fee = 146EUR plus tax
The third-party rate is 128EUR all taxes included, no 3rd adult fee.
Here's the excuse they come up with:

It is our policy, when checking rates for more than two guests in the room that we will make a comparison of the rates offered for two guests and for three guests. This policy allows us to determine if any additional fees for the extra person is included in the actual room rate offered rather that being added throughout the booking process. I can see that there was no rate change based on the number of guests in the room therefore allowing us to use the nightly room rate as it was shown (105.69 EUR plus VAT and City Tax). Please know that the room rate offered online with us does include the VAT imposed by this property so the tax was removed from this rate (88.33 EUR plus VAT and City Tax).

Why are they comparing the rate for 2 guests, if my reservation is for three?
I had the exact same problem. I booked at the Sheraton at the Falls in Niagara Falls where the Marriott Website adds a $50 charge for extra adult while the 3rd party website does not add any. Marriott LNF team kept coming back saying that they are going to add the 3rd person charge to the 3rd party rate even though the same is included in the rate. I have spoken to 2 people so far and they won't budge.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 10:42 pm

Programs: tk gold, lh ftl, ab gold
Well, you CAN convince them that the third-party website doesn't add an extra fee. That's cumbersome, but doable.
However, what about the new excuse? Am i missing something in the LNF T&C? I mean, the success of my first BRG shall be a proof that they compare the rates for 3 people... and now they suddenly compare the rates for 2 people.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 9:42 pm

Programs: American Airlines Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Due to airline IROP, I had to change my plans and book a hotel with less than 24 hours notice. I found a price for 25% cheaper on Google Hotels (at Trivago), but booked through Marriott since I prefer getting my platinum benefits. I filed a LNF rate and was informed that because it's within 24 hours, it's considered same-day, and my claim was rejected.

Has anyone had any luck pushing the issue; maybe getting points instead of a discount? I was surprised that the LNF team responded within 15 minutes of me sending it, but couldn't do anything to help me out with such a big difference in price.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 12:02 am

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
Check number 3. SAME cancellation and advance purchase policies must apply.
I could not find any non-refundable rates on Marriott for one property in Bangkok and the LNF went through even though 3rd party was non-refundable. Terms did not change on my booking, just the price to reflect the 25% off. I did book the lowest refundable that's available, though.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by morphogencc
Due to airline IROP, I had to change my plans and book a hotel with less than 24 hours notice. I found a price for 25% cheaper on Google Hotels (at Trivago), but booked through Marriott since I prefer getting my platinum benefits. I filed a LNF rate and was informed that because it's within 24 hours, it's considered same-day, and my claim was rejected.

Has anyone had any luck pushing the issue; maybe getting points instead of a discount? I was surprised that the LNF team responded within 15 minutes of me sending it, but couldn't do anything to help me out with such a big difference in price.
that used to be the case, but I am certain they changed that maybe a year ago. Sad.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 5:46 am

Since the merger I have been denied continuously because of many reasons that I still cannot figure out.

Sent a claim in yesterday around 3:00 p.m. on my mobile - logged into my PC about 1.5 hours later and received a second email reservation from the hotel itself - I thought it was just a duplicate from the original but opened it up and it showed the new rate and also had "Look No Further" rate attached to the reservation itself.

That was fast! Only thing is my app still shows the original reservation and I have received no email whatsoever from the "LNF" team? Is this normal and how MAR completes these? I always received a separate email from the SPG BRG team approving etc.,
Old Dec 17, 2018, 8:58 am

Denied

Tried to match to a Priceline "Mobile Deal" but was denied twice. Can't figure it out because the rate was clearly advertised as the specific Westin hotel I was looking for (not an opaque rate or "express deal"). Also it was showing up even when I wasn't logged in to Priceline, so I dont think it was a personalized offer. But two LNF reps said they couldn't see it. Anyone else had this happen? Are websites just getting a lot craftier in displaying specific rates to specific audiences?
Old Dec 17, 2018, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Hotel Name: courtyard new york manhattan/times square west....
Arrival Date: 8 nights in january....
Number of Rooms: 1....
Number of Guests: 1....
Room Type: king guest room....
Marriott Brand Website Rate: $167 plus tax per night....
Competing Rate: $108.55 plus taxes per night....
Competing Web Site: via hotelscombined.com
Actual Approved Rate: $81.41 per night....
LNF Award: 25% discount....
Comments: my first approval in months....my last 10 odd claims have been denied....
remymartin likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 11:44 am

Programs: BA GGL, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Anyone encounter a scenario where the flexible rate on Marriott is lower than the non-refundable?

Marriott Flex $100
Marriott Non-Flex $120
OTA Non-Flex $90

If cancellation policy doesn't matter to me, can I book the Non-Flex and claim against it? Just don't want to be stuck with it if it's not valid since there isn't a 1 day cancellation in this case.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 4:23 pm

Tried to google everywhere, no rate found lower than marriott.com
Old Dec 19, 2018, 3:31 pm

Am I the only one who's not getting any replies from the LNF Team this week? I have made a submission on Monday and have not heard back yet (over 60 hrs and counting).
Any advice on how to proceed? Thanks.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 3:54 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Following my post here (#310) and much to-ing and fro-ing Marriott finally admitted the decision refusing my LNF was “confused” and granted the LNF as the records showed the staffer had found it, verified it and then sought guidance which led to the confusion. Whatever, it’s a hard earned 5kLNF!

Hotel Name: London Excel Moxy
Arrival Date: 18/04/18
Number of Rooms: 1
Number of Guests: 1
Room Type: Double
Marriott Brand Website Rate: £87
Competing Rate: £75
Actual Approved Rate: £75
LNF Award: 5k bonus points
Comments: A lengthy tussle over a cancellable night! I’d better use it now!

Last edited by BrightlyBob; Dec 20, 2018 at 4:24 am
Old Dec 19, 2018, 4:07 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by coolfish1103
I could not find any non-refundable rates on Marriott for one property in Bangkok and the LNF went through even though 3rd party was non-refundable. Terms did not change on my booking, just the price to reflect the 25% off. I did book the lowest refundable that's available, though.
I wonder if this is a mistake which worked in your favor, or if it is what we should expect in such situations.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by funkbandit
Am I the only one who's not getting any replies from the LNF Team this week? I have made a submission on Monday and have not heard back yet (over 60 hrs and counting).
Any advice on how to proceed? Thanks.
I submitted one last night and it was denied before I woke up this morning.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 6:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Well, this is an interesting development:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30555005-post1.html
remymartin likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.