Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 5, 2018, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Marriott's Best Rate Guarantee Discussion Thread

This thread is about Marriott's BRG. If you don't know what BRG is - here's the Marriott BRG and here's the claim form.
If you're not satisfied with the outcome of your claim and wish for a second review you may reply back by email or call Marriott's BRG hotline 1-800-771-5665. A human is available at this number beginning at 9 am EST.

If you are new to this, and would like to ask fellow FTers questions regarding BRGs, then this thread is the place to start.

Hotel Name:
Date of stay:
Number of Guests:
Room Type:
Marriott Brand Website Rate:
Competing Rate:
Actual Approved Rate:

Print Wikipost

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2018, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by TerryK
I have all information saved. Nevertheless, the Rewards agent kept saying it shows you booked through third party. Hotel kept saying the same thing and won't even provide a folio receipt. They said I need to get my receipt from third party booking channel.
This is completely ridiculous. How about calling LNF to help you out? They can probably get in touch with MR to straighten it out.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by YoungBubbie

This is completely ridiculous. How about calling LNF to help you out? They can probably get in touch with MR to straighten it out.
I am just sharing my experience. As I had been granted "one time exception" there is not much to pursue other than 1,000 point. Not sure if it is worthwhile.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 6:49 pm

I am just sharing my experience. As I had been granted "one time exception" there is not much to pursue other than 1,000 point. Not sure if it is worthwhile.
Forgot you had that one time exception.

Let’s just hope your experience was a one time exception and not the new norrm.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 9:25 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Nope. I only checked rate on third party sites. I never book via third party due to stay/point credit. How do you call yourself a FTer if you book without get stay/point credit?
I was just trying to think of a reason they could have confused your booking for a 3rd party reservation. I thought perhaps there were two bookings, and in correcting the rate someone accidentally corrected the wrong one, and deleted the Marriott.com reservation. But not possible if there were never two of them. Still, this reeks of human error--someone screwing up in some data entry.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 2:48 am

I would appreciate some advice. I have just had a claim rejected and i can't really work out why (although they say they can't locate the price I have)

I have booked 4 nights 24 – 28th at Lido House in Newport beach. Marriot Rate is $1800 for the 4 nights with free cancellation. I have got a price (and booked it) from Hotels.com for $1400 also with free cancellation. I have told them this was via the UK site, I sent them a copy of the booking. They have rejected it starting they cannot find the rate.

I then emailed them a screen shot of the search showing it is still available. They again rejected it saying they cannot verify it and the case if closed and will no longer respond.

Anyone have any ideas?
Old Nov 26, 2018, 4:08 am

Originally Posted by stevietommo
I would appreciate some advice. I have just had a claim rejected and i can't really work out why (although they say they can't locate the price I have)

I have booked 4 nights 24 – 28th at Lido House in Newport beach. Marriot Rate is $1800 for the 4 nights with free cancellation. I have got a price (and booked it) from Hotels.com for $1400 also with free cancellation. I have told them this was via the UK site, I sent them a copy of the booking. They have rejected it starting they cannot find the rate.

I then emailed them a screen shot of the search showing it is still available. They again rejected it saying they cannot verify it and the case if closed and will no longer respond.

Anyone have any ideas?
For me case is never closed if I’m in the right.
If they won’t respond, make a new reservation and try again with explicit step, by step instructions including device used. Try to find another backup site and also tell them to look there.
Good luck.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 5:14 am

Originally Posted by YoungBubbie

For me case is never closed if I’m in the right.
If they won’t respond, make a new reservation and try again with explicit step, by step instructions including device used. Try to find another backup site and also tell them to look there.
Good luck.
thanks - thats what i've just done - its annoying they wont except a reservation email as proof! not sure how much more evidence can be provided! haha
Old Nov 26, 2018, 5:25 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
One thing to remember is that sometimes different geographical locations yields different rates, so if you are searching from outside the US check by using VPN if when you change country to the US If you get the expected rates.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 5:30 am

Originally Posted by X-ON
One thing to remember is that sometimes different geographical locations yields different rates, so if you are searching from outside the US check by using VPN if when you change country to the US If you get the expected rates.
i think is the problem - the usa sites are more? do they have to match a non-US site?
Old Nov 26, 2018, 5:33 am

Originally Posted by stevietommo
i think is the problem - the usa sites are more? do they have to match a non-US site?
In my step by step instructions I always write "On a desktop from a US* IP address using chrome ....."
* or UK or Japanese etc...
YoungBubbie likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 6:14 pm

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
Hotel Name: Le Meridien Fairway Dubai
Arrival Date: Jan 2019
Departure Date: Jan 2019
Number of Rooms: 1
Number of Guests: 2
Room Type: Delux
Marriott Brand Website Rate: 350 per night aed flexible before taxes
Actual Approved Rate: 174 per night aed flexible
Comments: My first successful LNF. I took the 25%. I had compared it against an Booking.com rate at first and was rejected as I had not noticed the rate was for single occupancy. Looked a couple of days later and found a rate that was refundable for the same price as the Marriott non refundable on a Philippine website. I have found another similar one that was approved which I have listed below. Have two more bookings that I will keep checking for. The Philippines sites seem to have some good rates, I didnt check to see if other country equivalents have the same rates available.

Hotel Name: Sheraton Dubai Creek
Arrival Date: Jan 2019
Departure Date: Jan 2019
Room Type: Delux
Marriott Brand Website Rate: 517 per night aed flexible before taxes
Actual Approved Rate: 277 per night aed flexible
Comments: Both approvals took approximately 14 hours so that is impressive against some of the old SPG wait times.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 9:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
In my step by step instructions I always write "On a desktop from a US* IP address using chrome ....."
I was told that they don’t use VPNs if you’re seeing the rates from a different country as Marriott IT said there wasn’t a VPN without security issues so no LNF staff use it. It makes the whole BRG very US-centric.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 10:05 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Hotel Name: Hotel Stripes, Kuala Lumpur
Arrival Date: Nov 2018
Departure Date: Dec 2018
Room Type: Deluxe
Marriott Brand Website Rate: 760 MYR for 3 nights plus taxes/fees
Actual Approved Rate: 615 MYR for 3 nights plus taxes/fees
Comments: Approval took approximately 23 hours, and against the good ole Orbitz App which hasn't helped with claims in a long time
Old Nov 27, 2018, 2:07 am

Originally Posted by yorkboy24

I was told that they don’t use VPNs if you’re seeing the rates from a different country as Marriott IT said there wasn’t a VPN without security issues so no LNF staff use it. It makes the whole BRG very US-centric.
What do they mean by a VPN without security issues? Nord VPN or HMA is well established VPN providers. They should change the T&C then to "publicly available from a US IP address" then. Actually more than once I have found that from the US the rates was lower for properties in Europe and Asia than using local IP address so it can work to our advantage as well. Anyway Marriott has always been US-centric more so than Starwood so I am not surprised but it is quite lame not to have a VPN to emulate a geographic location since it is publicly available for the customers location not the location of the proxy server they use at the MAR LNF teams location.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 3:28 am

Just a quick note to say thanks for all the help on this forum - got my claim approved ater supplying step by step breakdown on how to use against UK site - reduced the price from $1800 for 4 nights to $1100!
estnet and X-ON like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.