Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 5, 2018, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Marriott's Best Rate Guarantee Discussion Thread

This thread is about Marriott's BRG. If you don't know what BRG is - here's the Marriott BRG and here's the claim form.
If you're not satisfied with the outcome of your claim and wish for a second review you may reply back by email or call Marriott's BRG hotline 1-800-771-5665. A human is available at this number beginning at 9 am EST.

If you are new to this, and would like to ask fellow FTers questions regarding BRGs, then this thread is the place to start.

Hotel Name:
Date of stay:
Number of Guests:
Room Type:
Marriott Brand Website Rate:
Competing Rate:
Actual Approved Rate:

Print Wikipost

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2018, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by pogonation
Thanks for your reply. Just one more question. Since people keep saying that the marriott rate being compared must be the cheapest available rate, does this include the member rates or can I just book the cheapest available to non-members?
Now it has to be the cheapest MEMBER rate.
Before the merger the cheapest public rate was accepted. Not anymore.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 9:18 am

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by funkbandit
Now it has to be the cheapest MEMBER rate.
Before the merger the cheapest public rate was accepted. Not anymore.
Thanks for that info. The cheapest member rate doesn't include breakfast whereas the rate I am comparing to (which is still cheaper) does. Does this mean it is impossible to do a successful LNF and still get breakfast?
Old Nov 8, 2018, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by pogonation
Thanks for that info. The cheapest member rate doesn't include breakfast whereas the rate I am comparing to (which is still cheaper) does. Does this mean it is impossible to do a successful LNF and still get breakfast?
I would LNF against the cheapest rate w/breakfast and see what happens. (In the past MR would have accepted this)
Old Nov 8, 2018, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Do LNFs alter any ability to use SNAs on a particular reservation?

Thanks,
RM
Old Nov 9, 2018, 12:13 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
Do LNFs alter any ability to use SNAs on a particular reservation?

Thanks,
RM
No. U can still use ur sna as normal.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Sorry for another question/post. We don't get elite benefits or points if we are successful with an LNF claim? I'm trying to figure out what the below question meant.

PS, I submitted an LNF claim 8 hours ago and have heard nothing. The reservation is next week so I'm not worried yet. Others are saying they hear back in an hour or less.

Originally Posted by estnet
So just curious - are benefits and points worth paying more than double? Esp for 6 nights!
-RM
Old Nov 9, 2018, 5:04 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
You do get points and elite night credit on LNF stays but sometimes cheaper rates elsewhere don’t qualify for LNF, such as Priceline “name your price” or “secret” hotel deals (which frequently with a little delving can identify the property secretly offered). Then you have to consider whether the cheaper rate is worth taking against the points and benefits you’ll forego...
Old Nov 11, 2018, 1:40 am

Originally Posted by yorkboy24
Update: I called them and the lady had to speak to her supervisor but this hasn’t happened before to her. Her supervisor then escalated it to her manager and another department are trying to find out why the non -refundable rate plan was loaded for LNF instead of the flexible one.

She offered to put a note on my reservation that it’s flexible and my card shouldn’t be charged in 24 hours. I said this may not be enough so she offered to call the hotel and check with them. Seems the hotel had the LNF rate in the system and 48 hrs prior to arrival cancellation (flexible). The hotel even sent me an email with the new LNF rate and flexible cancellation terms.

So the whole thing seems to be an issue with the LNF system. They are still trying to sort it out and update the booking in my profile. It was superb customer service from the LNF team.

It was for Singapore Marriott South Beach and I got it down to 208SGD + taxes and service for a deluxe room over Chinese New Year.
Hmm.. Just got myself into the same situation.... Got an approved LNF for the same hotel, and saw my cancellation policy was changed to non-refundable 1 day after booking.
Guess it's time to pick up the phone...
Old Nov 12, 2018, 6:26 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Hotel Name: Renaissance London Heathrow
Arrival Date: 24 October 2018
Departure Date: 25 October 2018
Number of Rooms: 1
Number of Guests: 1
Room Type: King Guestroom w/ Breakfast
Marriott Brand Website Rate: 94 GBP (a/i)
Competing Rate: 77.01 EUR (a/i)
Actual Approved Rate: 50.88 GBP w/ Breakfast
Comments: Took the discount. I was originally given the rate of 50 GBP without breakfast because I didn't book the breakfast rate. No such rate existed, so I escalated the matter, and they tacked on 88p, which was fine by me.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 7:41 am

Wow..........I used to do BRG's in Vegas 3-4 times / year at the Westin. Since the merger it doesn't seem like a chance.

The rates have seemed to be pumped up drastically in comparison to the last like 8 years...The Westin seems to be running at $250.00 / night etc. After the amenity fees etc., this is a ridiculous price for this hotel in Vegas? The cheapest SPG/MAR property now seems to be the courtyard but even with that you can get a much more better place for less.

Any other recommended sites for using the LNF/BRG. I have used Trivago for the longest time.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 10:05 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Hotel Name: Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
Arrival Date: 19 November 2018
Departure Date: 20 November 2018
Number of Guests: 1
Room Type: Guestroom with two Queen beds
Marriott Brand Website Rate: $170.00 (+ tax)
Competing Rate: $130.30 (+ tax)
Actual Approved Rate: $90.49 (+ tax)
Comments: Took the discount, which was a no brainier. I hate the fact that the SLS no longer exists, so I hope this is a decent stay.
3rdworldresident likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 12:50 am

Hotel Name: W Los Angeles – West Beverly Hills
Arrival Date: end of Oct 2018
Departure Date: end of Oct 2018​​​​​​​
Room Type: Wonderful​​​​​​​ room
Marriott Brand Website Rate: 313.03​​​​​​​ USD
Competing Rate: 259.20 USD​​​​​​​
Actual Approved Rate: 194.40 USD​​​​​​​ plus tax
Comments: Chose 25% off discount of competing rate. This the second claim - the first one was approved based on the same cancellation policy (refundable rate) which was more expensive. Make sure the competing rate and Marriott brand rate have the same cancellation policy.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 4:59 am

It’s amazing how claims processing has improved dramatically since the merger. BRG with SPG was desperately becoming a dead-end. I now get replies within a few hours (not a few days or weeks...) and approval criteria are definitely more reasonable and honest (not obnoxiously inflexible as it had become before the merger).

Not all my claims are successful, but when they aren’t I understand and accept the reasons for the denials, unlike what went on at SPG’s BRG Dept before the merger where almost all claims were just denied outright on petty and unreasonable grounds.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by TerryK
If my LNF claim is denied, can I use the same reservation number to file a new LNF claim against a different website if it is still within 24 hours of original booking?
Looks like I will need to change my answer on this from a yes to a no. Just got the following on a claim that was denied again:

Moving forward, please limit yourself to one claim form submission per reservation. If you have a new comparison source or any new information regarding that specific claim, you may reply to our response to your initial claim.
So if I understand correctly, there is no need to fill out a new form, just keep throwing new OTAs at them. OK then!
Old Nov 13, 2018, 1:02 pm

If I’m denied I just respond back to please check “this other” site as I found a lower rate there.

I always try try to have a back up site if possible for this reason.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.