Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 5, 2018, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Marriott's Best Rate Guarantee Discussion Thread

This thread is about Marriott's BRG. If you don't know what BRG is - here's the Marriott BRG and here's the claim form.
If you're not satisfied with the outcome of your claim and wish for a second review you may reply back by email or call Marriott's BRG hotline 1-800-771-5665. A human is available at this number beginning at 9 am EST.

If you are new to this, and would like to ask fellow FTers questions regarding BRGs, then this thread is the place to start.

Hotel Name:
Date of stay:
Number of Guests:
Room Type:
Marriott Brand Website Rate:
Competing Rate:
Actual Approved Rate:

Print Wikipost

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2018, 12:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
I've never submitted a claim before but when Hotels.com had the Sheraton in Niagara Falls, New York, for $28 cheaper per night I decided to submit a claim. I also emailed screenshots. I choose 25% off the matching rate.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 12:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG PLAT 100
Just got a 2 night stay approved at the JW Marriott in DC. But it went south from there.

First, somehow the LNF agent changed the dates when she changed the rate. So had to call and get the LNF agents to restore the correct dates.

Second, when they changed from the prepaid rate to LNF, it made the rate flexible. Normally this is a good thing but wanted rate to be prepaid because of $60 off $300 AMEX promo for legacy Marriott family properties which ends 10-25 and my stay is several weeks later. Not calling back over this, going to quit while I'm ahead.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KosherKimchee
.....when they changed from the prepaid rate to LNF, it made the rate flexible.....
That's what the property set as LNF rate plan cancellation term. Calling LNF back would not have helped. You can try calling property direct to see if they can pre-charge you for flexible rate. Note some properties don't charge you until you arrive even for prepaid rates.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 3:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
I've never submitted a claim before but when Hotels.com had the Sheraton in Niagara Falls, New York, for $28 cheaper per night I decided to submit a claim. I also emailed screenshots. I choose 25% off the matching rate.
Well, this was quick. I just received a response. My claim was accepted, but they matched to $113.92, not $111. Whatever. I'm now paying $85.44.

Dear Mr. [Redacted],

Thank you for your interest in our Best Rate Guarantee Program. I welcome this opportunity to assist you.

Our terms and conditions have been updated and we have changed the way we process claims. We will now compare the room type, amenities, deposit and cancellation policies on the competing website which match the one you booked on your reservation. For more information, please refer to our published Terms and Conditions.

Congratulations! I have reviewed your claim and I am happy to inform you it is approved. The confirmation number for your reservation will remain the same, as well as the cancellation policy under which you originally booked. Please present this e-mail upon arrival at the hotel. Here are the approved details our hotel colleagues will update for you prior to check in:

Guest Name: [Redacted]
Confirmation #: [Redacted]
Hotel Name: Sheraton Niagara Falls
Arrival Date: [Redacted]
Departure Date: [Redacted]
Room Type: 1 Traditional Room with 2 adults
Actual confirmed rate: $85.44 USD ($113.92 less 25%) plus taxes and resort fees per night
Claim reference number: [redacted]

If you have any questions regarding your Best Rate Guarantee claim or if you have any issues with the rate charged at check out, please contact us at [email protected] within 15 days of departure.

Mr. [Redacted], we look forward to your visit to the Sheraton Niagara Falls and wish you an enjoyable stay with us.

Best regards,

[Redacted]
Best Rate Guarantee
Marriott International
Old Sep 25, 2018, 5:29 pm
formerly leemaj

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium and LTP, Hyatt Globalist, UA Gold, SW Companion Pass
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Well, this was quick. I just received a response. My claim was accepted, but they matched to $113.92, not $111. Whatever. I'm now paying $85.44.
Likely due to exchange rate differences from when they verified the rate.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 6:15 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by leemaj
Likely due to exchange rate differences from when they verified the rate.
Niagara Falls, New York = US$
Old Sep 25, 2018, 6:21 pm

Don’t know why, but different devices sometimes show different rates.
Once when my claim was denied I wanted to respond back and checked to verify rate on my husband’s android phone. That rate was way off from the rate showing on my iPhone.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 11:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
Don’t know why, but different devices sometimes show different rates.
Once when my claim was denied I wanted to respond back and checked to verify rate on my husband’s android phone. That rate was way off from the rate showing on my iPhone.
Presumably the IPhone rate was more expensive, because Apple owners have more money to waste?
Old Sep 26, 2018, 5:48 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat, Volare Premier, VS Silver, National Emerald Elite, Hertz President Circle
I submitted a valid claim to a legacy SPG property. After I did not receive an answer for over a day I chased as the stay was soon. Still no answer. I had the stay (at the full rate). When back I chased again. After a few days I received an email saying
Dear [Redacted]
Thank you for your interest in the Best Rate Guarantee program. It is my pleasure to assist one of our loyal SPG Platinum members today.Firstly, I would like to apologize that we were not able to reply quicker to your BRG claim. As the check out date is passed we are not able to process the claim anymore.
I do hope that you had a wonderful stay at [Redacted] and if you have any future BRG Claims we will be happy to assist you.[Redcated], thank you for reaching out to us today and if you have any other questions please do not hesitate to contact me back. Best Regards,
[Redacted]

Associate, Best Rate GuaranteeStarwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, LLC

Isn't this a bit much? The email is dated ***21*** days after the original claim. I have replied asking they honor the original claim retrospectively but not holding my breath. Has this happened to anyone else?
Old Sep 26, 2018, 6:04 am

Originally Posted by wobbly wings
I submitted a valid claim to a legacy SPG property. After I did not receive an answer for over a day I chased as the stay was soon. Still no answer. I had the stay (at the full rate). When back I chased again. After a few days I received an email saying

Isn't this a bit much? The email is dated ***21*** days after the original claim. I have replied asking they honor the original claim retrospectively but not holding my breath. Has this happened to anyone else?
Yes.
No.
And pursue this as they did not answer within 24 hours as per their terms.
Keep us posted. Good luck.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Can you clarify what happened when you called them? Did they say they would process immediately?
Old Sep 26, 2018, 7:42 am

I’ve had claims taking 7 - 10 days to get processed before, especially when they’re sent to the language desks. But never anywhere near 21 days.

It’s evident your claim got lost in some IT glitch. There’s no way to validate your retroactively and I don’t believe they should honor a claim that might very well be meritless to begin with.

They should however compensate you with some goodwill points for not allowing your claim to be duly processed.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 7:59 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat, Volare Premier, VS Silver, National Emerald Elite, Hertz President Circle
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Can you clarify what happened when you called them? Did they say they would process immediately?
I did not call. I simply emailed them again by replying to the autoresponder one gets when the original claim is opened.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by MePlatPremier
I’ve had claims taking 7 - 10 days to get processed before, especially when they’re sent to the language desks. But never anywhere near 21 days.
It’s evident your claim got lost in some IT glitch. There’s no way to validate your retroactively and I don’t believe they should honor a claim that might very well be meritless to begin with.
They should however compensate you with some goodwill points for not allowing your claim to be duly processed.
The claim was in in English. I do not know why it is evident this is an "IT glitch" nor why you believe the claim may well by meritless.
What I know is that a LNF guarantee is offered. I submitted a valid claim in good faith. The claim was not attended to for 3 weeks until well past the stay at which point it was rejected. I struggle how to reconcile the word "guarantee" with these events.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 9:54 pm

New to LNF game, but made some BRGs back in the day.

Is LNF able to handle the situation where 3rd party website shows a room category being available that's not bookable on Marriott.com?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.