Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 5, 2018, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Marriott's Best Rate Guarantee Discussion Thread

This thread is about Marriott's BRG. If you don't know what BRG is - here's the Marriott BRG and here's the claim form.
If you're not satisfied with the outcome of your claim and wish for a second review you may reply back by email or call Marriott's BRG hotline 1-800-771-5665. A human is available at this number beginning at 9 am EST.

If you are new to this, and would like to ask fellow FTers questions regarding BRGs, then this thread is the place to start.

Hotel Name:
Date of stay:
Number of Guests:
Room Type:
Marriott Brand Website Rate:
Competing Rate:
Actual Approved Rate:

Print Wikipost

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2019, 11:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Originally Posted by ecgz88

alll the Marriott prepaid rate now includes: "non-refundable if cancelled more than 1 day after booking, no changes" so technically you can still cancel free of charge within 2 days........ will LNF team allow this to compete 3rd party non-refundable rate? or it's YMMV?

in above case Marriott member prepaid rate is lower, but Marriott general prepaid rate is higher, will this qualifies?

Thanks!
First of all, just because it's a prepaid rate won't mean it has that text with "..if cancelled 1 day after booking". This is something the property still decides. Search for Hong Kong and you will see bunch of properties with the much stricter cancel rule for prepaid.
Second, you must book lowest rate for both type of room and type of cancellation.
​​​​
Old May 12, 2019, 1:25 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
I can’t get any claims across because Marriott waits out the rate. In the latest tale, my Westin Grand Vancouver claim was denied because they can’t find the rate. I’ve still found the rate, but it’s $10 more per night. Still cheaper than any rate on the Marriott website, but it will prolly be another 36 hours before they respond. I’m just gonna book a mix between my corporate rate and AAA at this point and call it a year.
Old May 12, 2019, 5:00 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Standard rooms

Hi Any data points on successful comparisons of Standard rooms vs Marriott deluxe room (standard/base room)?
Old May 12, 2019, 6:24 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by RG306
I have submitted 2 LNFs as of late, the first was actually better than expected. By the time they processed the claim, the agent found and honoured an even lower rate .

Marriott hotel name: JW Marriott Marquis Miami
Check-in date: 2019-11-29
Check-out date: 2019-11-30
Marriott rate reserved: 351 USD
Lower rate found or reserved: 282 USD

Comparison Rate Used: 221 USD per night inclusive of Tax and Fees
LNF Rate: 147.00 USD per night plus Tax and Fees

Now the 2nd claim I made took more persistence. It was declined at first "At the time your claim was processed, the comparison site was not allowing for a real time reservation to be processed. This is a requirement of the terms and conditions of the program. Since I cannot verify the rate, I am unable to approve your claim." I checked again, the rate was lower and I could in fact make the reservation in real time so I resubmitted the claim. This time the rate increased by the time they processed the claim.

Marriott hotel name: ROYAL PALM SOUTH BEACH MIAMI, A TRIBUTE PORTFOLIO RESORT
Check-in date: 2019-11-29
Check-out date: 2019-11-30
Marriott rate reserved: 404 USD
Lower rate found or reserved: 199.85 USD

Comparison Rate Used: $208.90 USD plus taxes and fees
LNF Rate: $156.68 USD plus taxes and fees

Now we have to decide downtown or Miami beach for our stay. We love the JW but thought since we arrive early a beach day would be nicer.
Congratulations on getting these LNFs!

Now I'm curious how did you manage to get two LNFs on the same day in the same area as I thought this was explicitly prohibited by the LNF rules?
Old May 12, 2019, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by mitpat474
Hi Any data points on successful comparisons of Standard rooms vs Marriott deluxe room (standard/base room)?
yes, that generally speaking is easy. Point out that Delux is the most baic room type the hotel offers and it will go through w/ no issues.

Originally Posted by Intl359Widget

Now I'm curious how did you manage to get two LNFs on the same day in the same area as I thought this was explicitly prohibited by the LNF rules?
it's not a problem at all. I have done that many times in the past.

Last edited by cfischer; May 12, 2019 at 11:14 am
Old May 12, 2019, 10:32 am

Programs: Virtuoso Luxury Travel Agent; Bonvoy Titanium Elite; Hilton Diamond
30+ hours and no response on LNF. Any phone number? Recourse?
Old May 12, 2019, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by brokenwindow
30+ hours and no response on LNF. Any phone number? Recourse?
either send an Email reply to the one you received when they acknowledged your claim gently reminding them it is past 24 hours or you call ... the number has been posted many times in this thread.
Old May 12, 2019, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by cfischer
either send an Email reply to the one you received when they acknowledged your claim gently reminding them it is past 24 hours or you call ... the number has been posted many times in this thread.
Just fyi, they consider claim acknowledgment (automatic reply) as their initial reply with 24 hours. According to LNF team that covers T&C requirement. Actual validation can take place anytime after that (usually they still validate within 24h of submission).
Old May 12, 2019, 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by Intl359Widget

submitted days apart maybe? I didn’t actually realize it was a rule - haven’t had issues with it before
Old May 13, 2019, 2:42 pm

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by RG306

submitted days apart maybe? I didn’t actually realize it was a rule - haven’t had issues with it before
you can get until 3 rooms in the same area with the same dates or crossing (same or different hotel).
What is not allowed its 2 brg who follow each other (date) in the same area/city.

I have a future stay in Madrid and I am still not sure where I will stay, I have 2 different BRG confirmed on the same date (Courtyard and AC Carlton), but I am also looking at the new Aloft (but no BRG found for this new place).
Old May 17, 2019, 7:50 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
I've submitted three different LNF claims this week for Osaka and Honolulu and the average processing time was between 21-23 hours with a follow up response time of 8-10 hours which rendered my second and third LNF useless as the agent couldn't follow the instructions in the e-mail.

I will say that I miss the old SPG Validation process for when Marriott doesn't have the room while the OTAs still offer the category.
margarita girl likes this.
Old May 22, 2019, 10:22 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
I find it difficult now to search for a lower competing website, do you have the same experience? If you can direct message me the competing websites that you are using, that will be appreciated.
Old May 22, 2019, 5:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Hotel Name: The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort
Date of Stay: June 2019 (1 night)
Number of Rooms: 1
Number of Guests: 3
Room Type: Deluxe, Guest room, 2 Queen, Ocean view
Marriott Brand Website Rate: 531.05 USD (633.86 USD incl. taxes)
Competing Rate: 419.98 USD
Actual Approved Rate: 314.99 USD (394.04 USD incl. taxes)
LNF Award: 25%

Heard back within 12 hours. Wasn't approved at first, but I replied back with instructions on how to search and a screenshot, and it was approved soon thereafter.

Last edited by aacar; May 22, 2019 at 6:07 pm
Old May 22, 2019, 7:53 pm

I know it's months later but as a follow up:
  • I made the reservation through Marriott's website for $399/night (not $389 - typo)
  • I got the BRG claim approved
  • I booked through Citi Prestige with 4th night free.
  • They credited $399 for some reason, not the actual cost of the room.
On the one hand this is sort of 'bank error in your favor' from Monopoly but on the other hand with the terrible changes being made to the Prestige card I guess I got a bit lucky before I close the card out.

Originally Posted by estnet
Sorry BK but you are completely wrong

Exactly that - I made a res with citi last year - they quoted $314 credit - but then applied for and received lnf (or what spg called it last year) Citi refunded a lower amount - about what the new lower rate was, just as you suspect (of course without taxes, etc.)
Old May 23, 2019, 1:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Hotel Name: Courtyard Bremen
Date of Stay: June 2019 (2 nights)
Number of Rooms: 1
Number of Guests: 2
Room Type: Double room
Marriott Brand Website Rate: 133 EUR
Competing Rate: 105 EUR
Actual Approved Rate: 74,84 EUR
LNF Award: 25%

Found the rate at one of the major hotel comparison sites.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.