Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 5, 2018, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Marriott's Best Rate Guarantee Discussion Thread

This thread is about Marriott's BRG. If you don't know what BRG is - here's the Marriott BRG and here's the claim form.
If you're not satisfied with the outcome of your claim and wish for a second review you may reply back by email or call Marriott's BRG hotline 1-800-771-5665. A human is available at this number beginning at 9 am EST.

If you are new to this, and would like to ask fellow FTers questions regarding BRGs, then this thread is the place to start.

Hotel Name:
Date of stay:
Number of Guests:
Room Type:
Marriott Brand Website Rate:
Competing Rate:
Actual Approved Rate:

Print Wikipost

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2019, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by kimichan1987
Unfortunately mine can not be cancelled. Did not know rate can drop almost 20% after one day.
i've seen rates drop by upto 50% from one day to the other....a lot of advance purchase rates on marriott can be cancelled within 24 hours of booking....if this is not possible in your case then your only bet is to contact the property & ask them to adjust the rate....they are not obligated to do it but have the ability to do so....
Old Feb 26, 2019, 4:50 am

Programs: MAR Titanium, HH Gold
Wow I got a reject with below comment. The associate was a guy who used to be a good SPG BRG agent so I really don't want to argue with him.

fyi this claim was for the most basic category at each side (Marriott and 3rd party).

But "deposit policy“...? Or cancellation policy should be exactly the same like "XX days before" vs "YY days before"?

While I was reviewing your claim, I observed several rates for a deluxe room on the ****** app. However, the included amenities, the cancellation or deposit policies for these rates did not match the details booked on your reservation. In order for a Competing Rate to be eligible for processing, the room type, any included amenities, the cancellation and the deposit policies offered by the competing service provider must match the details booked on the original reservation. Since the included amenities, the cancellation and the deposit policies offered by ****** app differed from your reservation details, I was unable to use these rates during my comparison. I apologize for any frustration this may cause.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 5:40 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Originally Posted by noeatbutgo
Wow I got a reject with below comment. The associate was a guy who used to be a good SPG BRG agent so I really don't want to argue with him.

fyi this claim was for the most basic category at each side (Marriott and 3rd party).

But "deposit policy“...? Or cancellation policy should be exactly the same like "XX days before" vs "YY days before"?

While I was reviewing your claim, I observed several rates for a deluxe room on the ****** app. However, the included amenities, the cancellation or deposit policies for these rates did not match the details booked on your reservation. In order for a Competing Rate to be eligible for processing, the room type, any included amenities, the cancellation and the deposit policies offered by the competing service provider must match the details booked on the original reservation. Since the included amenities, the cancellation and the deposit policies offered by ****** app differed from your reservation details, I was unable to use these rates during my comparison. I apologize for any frustration this may cause.
How the LNF process worked historically is that you can compare two rates that are classified as flexible. In practice there is no or little emphasis on matching deposit and cancellation policies ... In the beginning when SPG BRG adapted the LNF T&C these kind of responses was quite common. Maybe someone that didn't get the memo ...
Old Feb 26, 2019, 6:18 am

Originally Posted by noeatbutgo

Unfortunately Marriott forgot to let go a few of the rogue SPG BRG agents...
Old Feb 26, 2019, 7:52 am

Programs: MAR Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by X-ON
How the LNF process worked historically is that you can compare two rates that are classified as flexible. In practice there is no or little emphasis on matching deposit and cancellation policies ... In the beginning when SPG BRG adapted the LNF T&C these kind of responses was quite common. Maybe someone that didn't get the memo ...
Oh I recall that, thanks.
Very time consuming (and wasting) but I think I just need to file a new claim.

Originally Posted by MePlatPremier
Unfortunately Marriott forgot to let go a few of the rogue SPG BRG agents...
Nono at least this agent was super good in the days of SPG BRG. Even I spoke to him on the phone and I felt I was talking with a celeb! Haha. Perhaps Marriott LNF has ruined him...
3rdworldresident likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 10:30 am

Smile

Originally Posted by margarita girl
This won't work. LNF team will look at current OTA price and compare it to current Marriott website price.

kimichan1987, welcome to FT. Your best bet is to contact the hotel directly. They have the capacity to adjust your price. At the very worst, they might offer you a credit for the difference which you can spend inhouse.
Thank you for your help. I called the resort, and they were able to cancel it on their end. The term says nonrefundable and can not be cancelled on Marriott, but the staff at the hotel told me as per term my reservation can be cancelled within 24 hours of booking.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 11:18 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by araknis
Anyone have issues with the 5000 points posting? I had a LNF approved for a stay in Dec. and picked the points. Points haven't and LNF team keeps telling me to be patient and that the points will eventually show up in my account.
Out of several BRGs from January I only got points for one so far.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by kimichan1987
Thank you for your help. I called the resort, and they were able to cancel it on their end. The term says nonrefundable and can not be cancelled on Marriott, but the staff at the hotel told me as per term my reservation can be cancelled within 24 hours of booking.
That's great news. Congrats! ^

Never underestimate what a hotel can do if you ask nicely. A few years ago, I was able to cancel a hotel reservation after midnight on day of check-in when my flights went belly up. I never thought they would agree, but figured I had nothing to lose by asking.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 1:59 pm

Marriott Bonvoy - Best Rage Guarantee-Mobile Apps

First try at Marriott Bonvoy "Best Rate Guarantee" - booked 1 night on Marriott Bonvoy mobile app at former Kimpton property and compared rate on Priceline mobile app.

Three replies back citing Look No Further Guarantee claiming best available rate on Priceline website is $30 more than my Marriott rate. I have been going in circles stating my rate comparison is between Marriott and Priceline mobile apps but I am feeling set up for "Best Rage Guarantee."
happygolucky_nomad likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 4:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by gator91
First try at Marriott Bonvoy "Best Rate Guarantee" - booked 1 night on Marriott Bonvoy mobile app at former Kimpton property and compared rate on Priceline mobile app.

Three replies back citing Look No Further Guarantee claiming best available rate on Priceline website is $30 more than my Marriott rate. I have been going in circles stating my rate comparison is between Marriott and Priceline mobile apps but I am feeling set up for "Best Rage Guarantee."
And be careful when booking on the Marriott because sometimes theirs lowest rates, especially with breakfast, only appear on the desktop / mobile website version. Another glitch I suspect....

I had a flexible rate claim denied also because they didn’t read the cancellation terms correctly - I sent a screenshot in the reply email showing the terms as flexible. Not sure which side of the bed some of the agents get out of sometimes!
happygolucky_nomad likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 10:33 pm

I just got a non-refundable rate approved by the LNF team.
However the cancellation policy did not change and still remain as non-refundable. I have always remember that in the past such approval would allow my reservation would become a refundable reservation despite booking on a non-refundable rate.
Has this been the case after the merger? And they are checking each individual night for the lower rate and not the whole stay! only 2 out of 3 night are LNF approved. wut.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 10:49 pm

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by calbino
I just got a non-refundable rate approved by the LNF team.
However the cancellation policy did not change and still remain as non-refundable. I have always remember that in the past such approval would allow my reservation would become a refundable reservation despite booking on a non-refundable rate.
Has this been the case after the merger? And they are checking each individual night for the lower rate and not the whole stay! only 2 out of 3 night are LNF approved. wut.
Its not the same as the SPG BRG. If you want a refundable rate you need to match against a refundable rate.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by yorkboy24

And be careful when booking on the Marriott because sometimes theirs lowest rates, especially with breakfast, only appear on the desktop / mobile website version. Another glitch I suspect....

I had a flexible rate claim denied also because they didn’t read the cancellation terms correctly - I sent a screenshot in the reply email showing the terms as flexible. Not sure which side of the bed some of the agents get out of sometimes!
You're right - there are a million different rates and I've usually gotten the best rate through Marriott. I received a final email early this morning chastising me for submitting a duplicate claim for LNF/Best Rate Guarantee. My reply is to delete my ~30 year old Marriott Rewards account beginning with college travels.

It's pretty disingenuous for Marriott to refuse to acknowledge that a number of their hotels, particularly the recent additions of Westins, Sheratons and Kimptons are offering transparent discounted rates that are 25% lower than Marriott's rates on their website and mobile app.
estnet and HHQX888 like this.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by gator91
It's pretty disingenuous for Marriott to refuse to acknowledge that a number of their hotels, particularly the recent additions of Westins, Sheratons and Kimptons are offering transparent discounted rates that are 25% lower than Marriott's rates on their website and mobile app.
31st brand?
Old Mar 1, 2019, 9:54 am

The Alexandrian and Morrison House in Old Town Alexandria, VA (now Autograph) and Le Meridien in Arlington, VA were reflagged from Kimpton.
margarita girl likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.