Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Old Oct 5, 2018, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Marriott's Best Rate Guarantee Discussion Thread

This thread is about Marriott's BRG. If you don't know what BRG is - here's the Marriott BRG and here's the claim form.
If you're not satisfied with the outcome of your claim and wish for a second review you may reply back by email or call Marriott's BRG hotline 1-800-771-5665. A human is available at this number beginning at 9 am EST.

If you are new to this, and would like to ask fellow FTers questions regarding BRGs, then this thread is the place to start.

Hotel Name:
Date of stay:
Number of Guests:
Room Type:
Marriott Brand Website Rate:
Competing Rate:
Actual Approved Rate:

Print Wikipost

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Old Jan 19, 2019, 9:14 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold, Aeroplan, Marriott Titanium (LT Platinum), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by yule_boy
I submitted 2 LNF claims about 4 hours ago and have yet to receive a confirmation email. Is anyone else having the same issue?
Originally Posted by funkbandit
Yes; I had the same issue. Re-submitted until I had a confirmation email. However, the confirmation email did not have a case number as they used to in the past...
The 2 claims I submitted apparently went through and I got one approval and one partial approval. (I forgot about Marriott's rule to check each nights price separately. I miss SPG where they would just check the avg. price per night.)

But it's a bit unnerving not getting the confirmation email since these claims can be time sensitive as we all know. Submitted a claim today and got the confirmation right away so hopefully they've fixed the problem.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 4:22 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by Intl359Widget
Personally I prefer the Bayshore over the Grand for location to Stanley Park and the Harbour.
Our BRG is for a city view, but we kept the Bayshore BRG anyway. My g/f is from Vancouver, and we're in the process of planting down new roots there.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 12:40 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by uxb
Our BRG is for a city view, but we kept the Bayshore BRG anyway. My g/f is from Vancouver, and we're in the process of planting down new roots there.
The hotel has flexibility in moving your room to a Harbour View in my experience and I am a fan of the property and their breakfast buffet.
uxb likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 11:28 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, EVA Silver
Submitted a request for a really straightforward case: advertised rate on hotels.com with no login required showed about 60% of what is available for. Received a reply that claimed they were unable to find the rate. When I checked upon receiving the email, it was there, plain in sight for all to see.

I submitted a second LNF request based on advice here. That request was ignored; I never received a reply.

Incredibly disappointed in Marriott's BRG policy and their usage of "rate not found" to deny rates that are too low for them to support. I have Marriott status but will think twice before thinking their BRG is anymore than the luck of the draw.
remymartin and Intl359Widget like this.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Da Amb, Hyatt Glob
LNF about to become BRG?

I got the same message that KRSW posted in the issues thread:

Originally Posted by KRSW
We have received your message, and you will receive a reply from a team
member soon; however, the message was received at an email account that will
be discontinued soon. Please direct all future correspondence regarding
Marriott's Best Rate Guarantee to [email protected]. Thank
you!
I got 2 denials in the last few hours. They came from 2 different email addresses:

[email protected] (new email?)

[email protected] (old)

I suspect LNF is about to become BRG which is a better name anyhow.
​​​​​​​
3rdworldresident likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by margarita girl

​​​​​​​
The name is indifferentthey can call it whatever they want. I suspect this preludes a major revamp of the programs rules, and I dont think it will be for the better. This is the last decent BRG program still operating in the industry (and way better than SPGs ever was!) and they probably want to put an end to that.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by margarita girl
I got the same message that KRSW posted in the issues thread:

I got 2 denials in the last few hours. They came from 2 different email addresses:

[email protected] (new email?)

[email protected] (old)

All my approvals in the past 2 weeks have come from BRG and no longer from LNF.

Also, the 5k points that posted last week were coded BRG.

Makes sense IMO ... LNF was a confusing name.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 4:01 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Marriot Plat
I got this message when I submitted

We have received your message, and you will receive a reply from a team member soon; however, the message was received at an email account that will be discontinued soon. Please direct all future correspondence regarding Marriott’s Best Rate Guarantee to [email protected]. Thank you!
Old Jan 27, 2019, 8:53 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by MePlatPremier
The name is indifferentthey can call it whatever they want. I suspect this preludes a major revamp of the programs rules, and I dont think it will be for the better. This is the last decent BRG program still operating in the industry (and way better than SPGs ever was!) and they probably want to put an end to that.
In what world do you live in that the Marriott LNF is better than SPG? SPG allowed booking a refundable room while sending in a BRG request, and was way more liberal about matching similar rooms and rates
Old Jan 28, 2019, 12:37 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Anyone else noticed the lack of consistency among the Marriott properties in their offers for prepaid rates? For instance Ritz Carlton in HK and JW won't allow 1 day free cancellation after making a prepaid reservation which basically means you are stuck with your prepaid reservation if your BRG won't be approved. The majority of hotels in the Marriott portfolio you are free to cancel a prepaid reservation within 24 hours after booking which is great for Brg.
I emailed the hotel and asked why and received a Donald Duck answer "As different rate maybe with different cancellation policy, for 30 days member advance purchase rate offered above, it is not allowed to cancelled or changed after booking. Thank you for your understanding.".

The funny thing is W HK and Sheraton HK do allow 1 day cancellation for prepaid reservations. Same with JW and the Ritz in Singapore.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 1:44 am

Originally Posted by helvetic
In what world do you live in that the Marriott LNF is better than SPG? SPG allowed booking a refundable room while sending in a BRG request, and was way more liberal about matching similar rooms and rates
In what world do you live in that the Marriotts LNF is not better than SPGs BRG? Unless better for you means 3 to 4-days response times, arbitrarily nit-picked trumped-up denials, total carelessness in analyzing claims and the inability to claim a refundable booking against an OTA refundable rate. I have been getting nothing short of stellar performance from the LNF teamclaims are decided within a few hours and adjudicated with fairness. Often they deny, but almost always their denial is justifiable. In fact, the only capricious bogus denial I got in over 20+ claims since the booking platforms were combined was made by someone I recognized as a former member of the BRG team. Clearly, they havent lost their hand.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 1:48 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
The only downside with the SPG BRG program IMHO was that you couldn't play the flex premium. This give you more degrees of freedom to obtain a successful BRG albeit often marginally more expensive than vs, the non-refundable rate.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 2:55 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, HH Diamond, PC Plat Amb, BA EC Gold, Asiana Diamond, TK Elite
Originally Posted by X-ON
The only downside with the SPG BRG program IMHO was that you couldn't play the flex premium. This give you more degrees of freedom to obtain a successful BRG albeit often marginally more expensive than vs, the non-refundable rate.
The SPG BRG program allowed for premium room claims.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 3:00 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Originally Posted by DaveMidknight
The SPG BRG program allowed for premium room claims.
flex premium =The add-on on top of a non refundable rate in order to be able to cancel your rate for free, i.e. the premium you pay in order to obtain a flexible rate. It has nothing to with the room category.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Da Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by X-ON
flex premium =The add-on on top of a non refundable rate in order to be able to cancel your rate for free, i.e. the premium you pay in order to obtain a flexible rate. It has nothing to with the room category.
That "benefit" means all my BRGs are higher priced than what they used to be. But it's a small percentage that get approved compared to the SPG system where I easily had a 95% approval rate.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.