Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 5, 2018, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Marriott's Best Rate Guarantee Discussion Thread

This thread is about Marriott's BRG. If you don't know what BRG is - here's the Marriott BRG and here's the claim form.
If you're not satisfied with the outcome of your claim and wish for a second review you may reply back by email or call Marriott's BRG hotline 1-800-771-5665. A human is available at this number beginning at 9 am EST.

If you are new to this, and would like to ask fellow FTers questions regarding BRGs, then this thread is the place to start.

Hotel Name:
Date of stay:
Number of Guests:
Room Type:
Marriott Brand Website Rate:
Competing Rate:
Actual Approved Rate:

Print Wikipost

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2019, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Delete. Duplicate

Last edited by margarita girl; Jan 14, 2019 at 6:16 am
Old Jan 14, 2019, 6:14 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Originally Posted by margarita girl
I have an interesting one along those lines. I did an award stay for Good Friday because the prices were insanely high. I wasn't interested in a $400+ LNF. I then submitted a LNF for the 2 previous nights (Wed/Thus). The LNF team insisted that they had to process a LNF for all 3 nights, which I wouldn't have been interested in because of the absurd pricing, and naturally, it wasn't approved.
I have came across this as well... I usually book the point award after the LNF is approved ... then no problem ... This I have used a lot when staying in Japan where prices can be very cheap during the week but explode during Fri and especially Sat. Here even buying MAR points can save you $$$.
I asked them how an award booking could be an eligible booking for an LNF claim when MR rates are available but never received an intelligent answer did not expect one either ...
margarita girl and funkbandit like this.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by xar
Successful BRG Claim within 5 hours after submitting my claim.

Hotel Name: St Regis Singapore
Arrival Date: January - Sat
Departure Date: January - Sun
Number of Rooms: 1
Number of Guests: 2
Room Type: Deluxe Room - post paid
Marriott Brand Website Rate: $450 (+ tax)
Competing Rate: $410 (+ tax)
Actual Approved Rate: $410 (+ tax)
Comments: Wanted to capitalize on the Amex + Marriott deal (Spent 500 and get 150 back) hence i took the points!

Interesting note.Today i tried searching again thru the 3rd party site and found that the price for the same room/date is now higher (460) therefore making the official rates the 'lowest' !
shouldn't you get a discount on the lower rate?
Old Jan 14, 2019, 7:48 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by saintspurs
Not if the points were taken as stated in the message.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 11:20 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, A3 Gold, M&M Senator
"I am denying your claim because you have not compared the same room types for our hotel. You compared these room types:

Guest room: King bed, City view
Guest room: Two Twin/Single beds, City view (Room type you booked with Marriott)

However, I can approve you for a lower rate of $76.26 USD, per night plus taxes and fees (rate includes 25% discount), if you are willing to switch the Guest room, King bed, City view.
"

Has anyone had this before? King and twin are the same price on Marriott and OTA simpy says Standard Double...
Old Jan 14, 2019, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by canael
"I am denying your claim because you have not compared the same room types for our hotel. You compared these room types:

Guest room: Two Twin/Single beds, City view (Room type you booked with Marriott)

However, I can approve you for a lower rate of $76.26 USD, per night plus taxes and fees (rate includes 25% discount), if you are willing to switch the Guest room, King bed, City view.
"

Has anyone had this before? King and twin are the same price on Marriott and OTA simpy says Standard Double...
I've faced rejections when it was a different room type, I'd say just take it and take your chances at the front desk when you check in unless it is absolutely necessary to have twin beds
Old Jan 15, 2019, 5:17 am
xar

Programs: Starriott Plat Premier
Originally Posted by saintspurs
You have 2 choices, either 5000 points or 25% off the lower rate found.
I took the points since i am close to getting enough for redemption.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by canael

"

just book the Twin room. It is fair that you compare apple to apple. In 99+% of the cases the hotel will still give you the King room.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 1:45 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AA EXP, SPG Plt, HH Dmnd
Is it true that Marriott will not match with LNF if the amenities do not exactly match, specifically if the competing rate actually has better amenities (free breakfast) that the Marriott property does not even offer on it's rates on a rate that is otherwise identical?
Old Jan 15, 2019, 1:49 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
I'm worried about them matching the amenities at the Renaisance in KL. Booking.com has these specified

322 ft˛ Air conditioning Private bathroom Free WiFi
  • • View
  • • TV
  • • Safety Deposit Box
  • • Iron
  • • Interconnected room(s) available
  • • Wardrobe or closet
  • • Hairdryer
  • • Bathrobe
  • • Free toiletries
  • • Toilet
  • • Slippers
  • • Bath or Shower
  • • Additional Toilet
  • • Bidet
  • • Toilet paper
  • • Wake-up service
  • • Towels
  • • Upper floors accessible by lift
  • • Emergency cord in bathroom
Old Jan 15, 2019, 1:57 pm

Try to get a 3 seashells upgrade.

I have a question, do LNF rates count toward towards nights stayed?
Old Jan 15, 2019, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Too_Fly1
Try to get a 3 seashells upgrade.

I have a question, do LNF rates count toward towards nights stayed?
Yes.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 8:04 am
xar

Programs: Starriott Plat Premier
Originally Posted by Bonaventure
Is it true that Marriott will not match with LNF if the amenities do not exactly match, specifically if the competing rate actually has better amenities (free breakfast) that the Marriott property does not even offer on it's rates on a rate that is otherwise identical?
I had a successful match for Ritz. Interestingly the official rate site just a deluxe room while OTA was a deluxe room + breakfast and the rate was actually lower.
They only matched the price (with additional discount) but without the breakfast
Old Jan 16, 2019, 9:34 am

Programs: DL Plat, Marriot Plat
I was wondering if anyone can PM me with some sites to check for LNF. I have 5 to 6 that I am normally successful with, but I am having a hard time with a Marriott brand near Disney March 26 to April 3. Prefer breakfast included.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 1:57 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AA EXP, SPG Plt, HH Dmnd
Originally Posted by xar
I had a successful match for Ritz. Interestingly the official rate site just a deluxe room while OTA was a deluxe room + breakfast and the rate was actually lower.
They only matched the price (with additional discount) but without the breakfast
This is interesting. Things appear to have changed.

Marriott has repeatedly denied a BRG/LNF for a hotel that is offering one of their rooms on a competing channel BUT with both a better price and with breakfast, which they do not offer outside of the "deals and packages rate family" on Marriott.com

Marriott's first denial was because the rate and competing rate have to be exactly the same, including amenities like breakfast even if the competing rate is better than any rate offered by that property.

So naturally I went and booked the equivalent rate at Marriott.com under the deals and packages rate to include breakfast (which is not the lowest available rate, which excludes breakfast) and have been denied because the rate must be the lowest available rate at the property.

How does this make any sense? Now Marriott can weasel out of their LNF by offering lower rates with different amenity sets to outside channels without breaching the BRG/LNF.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.